Competition BBQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Competition BBQ

Just wondering who all on here cooks competition bbq? I cook on a regular basis we’re out of Hempstead tx and have a restaurant first class bbq . What’s your team / where are you from few pics I have from the weekend in tomball we grand champion the event with a 4th ribs 5th chicken 2nd brisket

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man that is awesome! Congratulations and dang good job! I am at the stage of backyard brisket better than a lot of commercial bbq places but not competition level. Keep at it, we gotta have folks that are pushing to keep Texas on top where it’s rightful place is s’posedta be.

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
      Man that is awesome! Congratulations and dang good job! I am at the stage of backyard brisket better than a lot of commercial bbq places but not competition level. Keep at it, we gotta have folks that are pushing to keep Texas on top where it’s rightful place is s’posedta be.

You’d be surprised how well that backyard brisket can do in a competition!

Comment

We cook at a few, but do it mostly to have fun doing it. We’ve won a few places, but nothing up in the high ranks.

Comment

Originally posted by ccupit View Post
          You’d be surprised how well that backyard brisket can do in a competition!

Yep, and you’d be surprised what every different judge is lookin for.

Comment

Originally posted by RobinHood View Post
            Yep, and you’d be surprised what every different judge is lookin for.

That’s the truth

Comment

That's awesome. I've wanted to get into competition, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Any advice on getting started?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks amazing! I drive by your restaurant several days a week and have always wanted to stop! Congrats on winning grand!

Comment

Originally posted by CrossTimbers View Post
                  That's awesome. I've wanted to get into competition, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Any advice on getting started?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

My advice is to take a cookin class 1 or a few from some of the more successful cooks in Texas to give you the basics or find someone that will let you hang around them for serval comps to learn

Comment

Originally posted by cwill View Post
                    Looks amazing! I drive by your restaurant several days a week and have always wanted to stop! Congrats on winning grand!

You’ll have to stop by one day it’s open Tuesday- Sunday’s

Comment

You’ll have to stop by one day it’s open Tuesday- Sunday’s

I sure will. You guys have a nice looking place!

Comment

Just wondering who all on here cooks competition bbq? I cook on a regular basis we’re out of Hempstead tx and have a restaurant first class bbq . What’s your team / where are you from few pics I have from the weekend in tomball we grand champion the event with a 4th ribs 5th chicken 2nd brisket

I have smoked a few in my day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I like brisket falling apart and that is not a good sign to most judges!

Comment

Looks good.

Comment

Man alive. Looks really good. Now Im hungry

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X