Not a dove guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a dove guy

I see all these post about opener and the excitement for whatever reason bird hunting doesn't get me going I really enjoy duck hunting but I don't count down the days and usually do it after I've tagged out on WT. my mind is 100% entrenched on deer season rapidly approaching, and my list seems to keep growing! But good luck to all you bird guys and stay safe

I use to be that way. Lived and breathed WT hunting. The older I get I find myself more interested in bird hunting.

I think it's more the social aspect that I'm liking as an adult. Can't beat sitting around in some chairs under a shade tree with family/friends with mojo's out front. Birds coming in is just a bonus at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
      I see all these post about opener and the excitement for whatever reason bird hunting doesn't get me going I really enjoy duck hunting but I don't count down the days and usually do it after I've tagged out on WT. my mind is 100% entrenched on deer season rapidly approaching, and my list seems to keep growing! But good luck to all you bird guys and stay safe
      I'm the same way!

Comment

me either...........too dang hottt!!! I am going to Argentina in April though.........nice and kewl down there......lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Dakota7493 View Post
          I use to be that way. Lived and breathed WT hunting. The older I get I find myself more interested in bird hunting.

I think it's more the social aspect that I'm liking as an adult. Can't beat sitting around in some chairs under a shade tree with family/friends with mojo's out front. Birds coming in is just a bonus at this point.
          x2!

I love ducks and hogs, 2nd closely to deer and love going but WT take priority.

I won't pay to hunt any birds either

Comment

I don't get much thrill at all when i kill a dove. Hanging out and going through 2bx of shells for 3 dove sure is a lot of fun tho

Comment

I agree on the social part of it. I've hunted with the same group four the past 8 years that's the best part for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Its about the dog man, the dog!

Comment

I never did either until both my boys got started doing it.

Comment

Killing birds with some friends and a few brewskee's too is dang near impossible to beat

Comment

It's just fun for me to hangout with my kids and shoot birds. I drink a few cold beers and bbq. We enjoy it

Comment

Will be getting ready for deer season, shooting bow, hog hunting, and to make the weekend all that much better will be shooting dove as well.

I do enjoy dove hunting, but I think most of my excitement is that "hunting season" officially starts and it helps time pass to October 1st!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianhuff View Post
                          Its about the dog man, the dog!
                          ^^^^^^^^^
                          WHAT HE SAID

Comment

I absolutely love dove hunting as well as my Dog. I think I like it more now with the dog, before I'd go a couple weekends and now I go every day I am able. Dove, hogs and turkey and then deer for me.

Comment

There is not much better in the world than sitting under a shade tree with my sons with a September breeze blowing, music playing, and watching my 9yr olds eyes light up when he pulls the trigger and one finally falls from the sky. GOOD STUFF!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X