Bear Lease Openings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bear Lease Openings

We have a few openings on our bear lease near Honobia, OK.

This is year 'round lease for bear, deer, hogs, turkey. We have 2000 acres out of a 25,000 acre ranch.

We are limited to our 2K during hunting season, but in off season we have access to the whole 25K for camping, ATV riding, fishing, etc. No camping on the lease allowed during bear season.

There is an RV park about 1/4 mile from the front gate where we usually stay. There are a couple of cabins there but they are usually already taken, so tent or camper will be the way to go. We just ride ATV from camp to lease and leave vehicles at the camp.

This is mostly pine forest with post oaks in many areas. It is rugged mountain country and 4WD or ATV will be necessary. Roads can be horrible when it rains.

Bear season in OK opens Oct 1 and runs 3 weeks. It is archery only and there is no quota system. If you buy a tag, you can kill a bear. Baiting is allowed.

Cost for the lease is $550 and out of state bear tag is about $510 I think. Haven't checked OK F&G site yet this year, but that's what it has been in the past.

Lease rules allow bear hunting only during bear season. After bear season you can hunt the other critters and use rifle if you prefer.

Perk: Big Foot Festival at Honobia opening weekend!

If you are interested, reply here or PM and I'll put you in touch with the guy that handles the money. I think he is going up to show the lease on 6/25 if you want to tag along and take a look.

Trailboss

Click image for larger version

Name:	Carlis.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	25088009

Name:	PRMS2168.jpg
Size:	139.0 KB
ID:	25088008

Name:	09180358.jpg
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	25088007

I'm interested. Please pm info

“The soldier is the Army. No army is better than its soldiers. The Soldier is also a citizen. In fact, the highest obligation and privilege of citizenship is that of bearing arms for one’s country”
    George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogman7290 View Post
      Done

Comment

Looks like great fun!

Comment

So the lease is only $550?

Comment

Originally posted by webstertroy View Post
            So the lease is only $550?
            Yes. Bear tag (out of state) is about $510ish I think. No other license needed for bear. If you hunt deer or turkey you need a tag for that. I think deer is $150ish and allows 4 deer. Turkey is about $50 per bird I think.

Hogs and other critters, you'll need an OK hunting license. Don't remember cost of that.

You can check OK Fish and Game website.

Trailboss

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by RazorSharp View Post
                Done

Comment

Any chance you will be looking for people again next year? I can't do it this October but I would be in for 2017

Comment

Pm me his info please

Comment

PM info please. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Texantax View Post
                        Pm me his info please
                        Done

Comment

Originally posted by chongo View Post
                          PM info please. Thank you.
                          Done

Comment

Was on this lease for a couple years. Great lease to get a chance at a black bear only about 4 hours from Dallas (and only $550). I couldn't maintain two leases in opposite directions so got off about 2 years ago, but good group of guys, and bear hunting is fun . This is 100% DIY. I've taken bear in Canada that went P&Y, but the one I took off of this lease means the most to me and the only one I have hanging on my wall. The satisfaction of scouting an area, picking a bait site, building the bait barrel and baiting the site all the way up to harvesting a bear is unmatched. Plus, when I was camping in Beaver's Bend outside of Broken Bow it was a quick run to the lease to check the camera. which was always exciting.

Comment

How is the spring turkey hunting there? Heard it went downhill for several years

Comment

Working...
                              X