Ladder Falling Accident

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ladder Falling Accident

Well 2 weeks ago I fell off a ladder from @ 5 Ft. up. Felt like I was going to fall but protected the head ... bad thing - I broke 5 ribs and fractured the shoulder ... pain.

The pain is better now but this past week (Mon & Wed), they did a follow-up Pt assessment .. 1st 2 sessions were Ok but after that felt like a knife being put in the Deltoid area... I'm OK with PT but think it was TOO Soon after injury.

The pain has eased off a little with Meds but got some Orthopedic & Dr. Follow-ups this week...
    Have any of you experienced this type of injury ... Heard @ 3-4 months of healing but hope I don't need surgery.

Gonna take awhile to heal for sure.

Comment

I fell backwards from 6-7 ft. Didnt break any ribs but dislocated and broke my elbow trying to brace my fall. Do the PT and pt at home as much as you can stand the pain, if you dont the scare tissue will build up. Sorry it a long slow deal each day gets better. The worst part for me was the sitting around i about went crazy.

Comment

Dang I hate to hear that. Prayers for a fast recovery.

Here is a story that might make you feel a little better. My 43 year old BIL was putting up Christmas decorations in his attic(garage access)when he fell from dang near the top step, maybe 3 down. He landed on his hip point right on the corner of the 4" concrete lip. He crushed his hip socket into 7 pieces.. A 4 hour surgery, many screws and 4 months in a wheelchair later, he is getting around just so so..
        He said when it happened he thought he was going to die from pain..

Comment

I feel for you bud!!
          Back in 08 I broke 5 ribs, shoulder blade, collar bone, upper arm bone and messed up a lung... 3-4 months sounds right...... But the shoulder blade hurts to this day. Good luck and stay with the therapy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Not good. I know two guys that fell off of ladders and are lucky they weren't paralyzed. One broke his back and the other landed on his head and fractured his neck. Thankfully that ain't the case here. You're gonna be sore for a long while with those ribs broke.

Comment

Ribs feel better and at least I can cough and sneeze without that piercing pain ...

Got some follow-ups the next 2 days with the Docs and the shoulder is tolerable now ... I just won't over do the PT and think I'm OK...

Comment

Sorry that happened and good luck with recovery. Both of my brothers fell off ladders exactly one week apart. One fell only 4 feet, the other rode a 30 foot extension ladder as it fell. He jumped away from it before it hit the ground. A combined 15 surgeries later, staph infections and a year in a wheelchair, they are both now functioning again. One will never walk the same.

I get nervous on ladders now. Be careful fellas.

Comment

Had orthopedic & Trama Dr follow-ups and all looks good to the. Broken ribs are healing, Lungs look good (No more bruise)and the shoulder is healing good.

Going to be about 6 more weeks but i can count my blessings and humbled ... Not going near a ladder without someone holding it !

Comment

Glad that's all that happened. You will have pain for the rest of your life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Since my surgeries in February, I still aint climbing any ladders. Not stable enough.
                      Worked for a large mechanical contractor for a long time, 2 biggest injuries were falls, and then stuff in the eyes from moving ceiling tiles. In construction it was falls, in service it was the eye thing.

good luck and good healing.

Comment

Man, I got VERY lucky when I fell I guess after reading all of this. I was on a ladder in my garage getting into my attic. My head was all the way into the attic when the ladder came out from under me. My left leg fell on the ladder and I hit the floor. After a trip to the emergency room it was discovered that nothing was broken, just badly bruised. This happened a year ago and I still have a large knot on my leg that hit the ladder. Thank you Lord for watching over me!

Comment

I fell a few years ago from a frame ladder broke both wrist . I had a plate and 6 pins put in one And a clean break on the other the pain wasn't near as bad as being lock up in the house for a few months because you can't use your hands. Good luck on the recovery

Comment

Man I hope you heal up. I feel from my feeder standing on top 10 ft ladder knocked my self out wake up 4 broke ribs and 2 more slightly cracked ribs. Pain pain happened December still a little pain here and there.

Comment

Fell,woke,thanks Rebecca creek.

Comment

Working...
                              X