Fuel mileage on 2011-2012 duramax 6.6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel mileage on 2011-2012 duramax 6.6

What's your mpg on a 2500 4x4 2011-2012 duramax 6.6?

15 without a trailer....

10.5 with one.

I've got 109000 on mine and am thinking of putting a programmer on it now that the warranties are done...

Comment

My dad's gets around 13-15

Comment

Watching this one!!!

I have a '10. New I was getting around 19 unloaded. Now , pulling a 12' tandem axle trailer with a Ranger, I average about 10. Unloaded I average about 16-17. These are all hwy ###'s and I have around 30k miles on truck. Seems to be going down!

Comment

ttt
          Im thinking about getting rid of my 06 and buying a new one but i dont like what most are saying about the mileage.

Comment

I get 17 on my 11 even after all the bumpers and add ons

Comment

Originally posted by TED35 View Post
              I get 17 on my 11 even after all the bumpers and add ons
              How fast on avg do you drive and get that mpg?

Comment

I usually try to go about 67 right at the rpm torque curve, 1600 to 1700 rpm is where that motor does well, Weather makes a difference, best I had on a cool night was 19.3. Of the big three for 2012 duramax is the all around winner for power and fuel mileage. Now I know people are going to say the dodge and ford are rated higher this is true but it's the programming putting the power to the ground that counts. My biggest Chevy complaint is interior and the position of the urea tank.

Comment

A lot of additional weight, also gutted the inside and dynomated the whole truck and doors. Try to keep good regens and they work lots of city driving will kill mileage, regens use almost a gallon of fuel.
                  Attached Files

Comment

What is a regens?

Comment

that is the filter regeneration system.....particulate filter that is

My 07 gets 19-22 mpg empty.........and 17 with a lowboy......and 10-11 with my fifth wheel

Comment

Originally posted by ty729 View Post
                        What is a regens?
                        As dated it above, the filter catches all the soot and other bad exhaust stuff, whenever it starts to build idle rpm builds fuel spits in the filter and burns it all off. Very hot that why you see the interesting looking tail pipes.

Comment

im still driving my old 01 duramax, and it's getting 16-17 on the hiway, and 13-15 pulling a trailer. Mines a 3/4 4dr long bed 4x4.

Comment

Working...
                          X