• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tagged

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JP135 View Post
      I've got several cordless tools from different companies. Batteries are mostly shot. Costs as much to replace the batteries as it did to buy the tools.

I'm gonna get rid of all of it and replace everything with one brand.

I've got it narrowed down to Porter Cable, Ridgid or DeWalt.

Porter Cable. I've got a Porter Cable drill and reciprocating saw, a battery and a charger. They seem like good tools so far. Good price. Dependable. Good run-time per charge. Big selection of tools available. Might just get more PC stuff to round out what I already have.

Ridgid Good reviews, seem well built. Home Depot has a lifetime warranty on parts, service and free batteries. The batteries have always been my problem with cordless tools. Thinking hard about going with Ridgid.

DeWalt. Great reputation for quality tools. Higher prices than the others, but maybe you get what you pay for.

Lemme hear yall's opinions on which way you'd go.
      Porter Cable. However, I would suggest taking another look at Milwaukee. Rigid and Dewalt are the same on the inside, and have lots of plastic parts. I believe both are made in the same factory. At least they used to be. I would shy away from DeWalt at all costs to be honest.

Comment

I use Battery tools everyday. All of my stuff is Dewalt 20v lithium.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a Dewalt 20v set it has been very impressive the batteries last a long time even under very heavy use. I can't speak for the PC or Ridged brands but as for Milwaukee we have them at work and we sell them the batteries don't last near as long nor or they as sturdy as Dewalt in my opinion.

Comment

I know they arent on your list, but My next set will be either Makita or Milwaukee. I have a 9v Makita that is going on 20 years old and still works great although underpowered (they didn't make much bigger back then). We use the 28v Milwaukee at work and those things are dang near indestructable!!

I've had Dewalt for 10 years and they used to be great tools. The last few drills I've bought have been great, but the batteries are pure junk. My last 2 sets barely lasted 1.5 years and that's topping them off on the charger regularly!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shoot....what a ride!"

Comment

IF you can afford them https://store.snapon.com/POWER-TOOLS...S-C629022.aspx
              They don't make everything but for drills and impacts there are none better or stronger.

Comment

I am on a 80 million$ electrical job. Every tool we are using is a Milwaukee Fuel system cordless. From band saws, to sawzalls to hammer drills to cable cutters to hydraulic crimpers. All Milwaukee Fuel series. 12v and 18v. Batteries last incredibly long and tools are tough.
                These tools have come a long way in cordless tool development.
                I'd say Milwaukee...all the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                  Add Makita to your list!
                  X2

Comment

I guess it would depend on what you are using the tools for. Making a living off of them? Side work for extra cash? weekend warrior doing projects around the house? If I was making a living off them, it would be Milwaukee. Hands down, no competition. If it was just a weekend warrior thing, fixing little stuff and tackling little house projects, I'd go with Porter Cable.

Comment

Anyone use Hilti?

My friends a dealer but I've never used them, even though he raves about them..

Comment

Dewalt

Comment

Originally posted by cbd10pt View Post
                          X2
                          X3. I just picked up a pair of their newer subcompact 18v drill driver combo. Wow! I didn't need a new set even though mine are 10+ years old. I even have their weedeater. Love the 18v battery options from 1.5 mah to 5 mah.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

Comment

I am like you in that my tools are not the problem it is the batteries that wear out.

I have two sets of Rigid drills / saws, a makita drill/driver set, and several ryobi tools. All have been excellent so far.
                            I have had two batteries go out on the oldest rigid set (7 years old) and it is real convenient to go to Home depot and hand them an old battery and they hand me a new one.

I would not hesitate to buy the higher end models of any of these.

Comment

Have you checked with the store Batteries plus bulbs to see how much fixing the batteries are? They will rebuild them with new cells good as new.

Comment

Originally posted by DosToros View Post
                                Have you checked with the store Batteries plus bulbs to see how much fixing the batteries are? They will rebuild them with new cells good as new.
                                "NOT" I had 2 rebuilt there. Promises, promises. Not as much duration and they lasted less than a year.

Comment

Working...
                                X