TPWD Draw Hunt Anticipation...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TPWD Draw Hunt Anticipation...

Who's as ready as I am to get the new booklet? The last 2 years have been tough on me being able to pick where to apply for since I'm in school full time and work full time. I have been lucky enough to get drawn for something each of the last 4 years. I really enjoy seeing other parts of the state.

I'd say within the next 5 weeks they will be ready.

I may even apply for Alligator this year.

TTT....

There's a couple of TPWD people on here. When's the new book going to be published online?

Comment

Should be anytime. There was a thread about not to long ago. I am pumped also. I really want in the Richland Creek archery hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by 3pairs12 View Post
        Should be anytime. There was a thread about not to long ago. I am pumped also. I really want in the Richland Creek archery hunt.
        I'm hoping to get drawn for Gus Engeling again. Buck I saw 2 years ago should be a brute by now!!! If he lived.

I also keep thinking about last years trip to Black Gap for mulies and wish I would have done things different. Can't wait!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have applied for 6 or 7 catagories for the last three years and have not been drawn for any thing yet. Whats the secret???

Comment

This year i am going to apply to a few more hunts . I cant wait .

Comment

Ben and I have been entering for the past four or five years without being drawn, so we should have some good preference points built up.

Comment

Originally posted by bigsteve View Post
                I have applied for 6 or 7 catagories for the last three years and have not been drawn for any thing yet. Whats the secret???
                If I let the secret out, I might have problems getting drawn myself. Haha! Just kidding.

Just remember it's a numbers game. Use the previous years statistics to your advantage. If you're dead set on hunting the Chap during the rut, you might have to wait a few years or more. On the other hand, if you would just like a place to get out and enjoy the great outdoors, look at some of the less popular WMA's. A little luck never hurts either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ovalohunter View Post
                  If I let the secret out, I might have problems getting drawn myself. Haha! Just kidding.

Just remember it's a numbers game. Use the previous years statistics to your advantage. If you're dead set on hunting the Chap during the rut, you might have to wait a few years or more.
                  You may get lucky and hit this one the first time out but many have waited for 20 plus years to get on the Chap. I hunted it about five years ago for Javi and it was great. Saw three of the biggest deer I've ever seen while hunting. Hard to watch and not shoot.

Comment

I've got a lot of hunting planned already, but I always look forward to the drawings. The challenge of trying to figure out which hunts to put in for to get drawn is almost as much fun as hunting....almost.

Comment

yep can't wait, I apply for 12 categories, alligator included, been drawn for 3 archery hunts and have a few gun points

Comment

Originally posted by ovalohunter View Post
                        Who's as ready as I am to get the new booklet? The last 2 years have been tough on me being able to pick where to apply for since I'm in school full time and work full time. I have been lucky enough to get drawn for something each of the last 4 years. I really enjoy seeing other parts of the state.

I'd say within the next 5 weeks they will be ready.

I may even apply for Alligator this year.
                        Last 4 yrs that is crazy....PM me your Secret...We have only been drawn 2 in 10+ yrs

Comment

I have never applied for the draw hunts. Do most places have preset stands for hunters to use or do you have to pack in your own?

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
                            You may get lucky and hit this one the first time out but many have waited for 20 plus years to get on the Chap. I hunted it about five years ago for Javi and it was great. Saw three of the biggest deer I've ever seen while hunting. Hard to watch and not shoot.
                            I know that feeling! First time I applied, I took my ex's son to the Chap on the youth javi hunt. While walking a sendero, up jumps this massive 12 that would have scored 170 easy! He must have known he was safe because he stopped 50 yards away and gave us a good look. VERY nice place!!

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                            I've got a lot of hunting planned already, but I always look forward to the drawings. The challenge of trying to figure out which hunts to put in for to get drawn is almost as much fun as hunting....almost.
                            That's how it is with me. I have to juggle it with my school schedule. Work isn't as hard to work around, but sure don't like missing class. It's like Christmas in July when the new book comes out.

Originally posted by salth2o View Post
                            I have never applied for the draw hunts. Do most places have preset stands for hunters to use or do you have to pack in your own?
                            Almost all of the places will specify what they have. I know the Chap has some elevated stands. Most places don't have any and run the hunts "by compartment" meaning they assign you a unit and you're on your own. I always take a popup, ladder stand and lock on to be safe.

Comment

Which book is this? The standard annual TP&W booklet or something else??

Comment

Working...
                              X