KJO Dec 14-16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KJO Dec 14-16

I got to the rabch on Thursday and met up with Keith and met Andy ( WolfKat) around 12:30.We took Andy out for his first hunt and I helped Keith work on a feeder and a few things around camp. About 4 Forest , Donna , and Chris got there. When we went to pick up Andy he had shot a nice corsican ram that we could'nt find. Jason(JBear) , Chris (Txchickenranch) got there late Thursday evening. Friday morning we all went to the stand. Keith put me in a tree stand and first thing 3 sika does showed up. Then, the rams started coming in ( I hate those things).Keith came around and picked everybody up and we were able to find Andy's ram. A very nice corsican that scored gold medal. Jeff (Strongslinger) finally decided to drag up and grace us with his presence.Friday afternoon was the start of a heck of a weekend.Keith got everyone in their stands and he had put me in a place i have never hunted.Around 3 word got around that Chris(Txchickenranch) had stuck a nice sika doe. The wind had picked up a bit and the critters started to move. I had 3 groups of rams come by and Jenny(the donkey that runs with the goats) decided to say hi. As I was looking at her I notice a yearling axis doe in the group. I looke behind me to watch a couple of trails and when I turned around 10 axis does were there. I grabbed my bow and picked the biggest doe and settled a pin on here. Just as I fixing to release,I noticed movement behind them. It was a buck! I let off and waited for him to get closer. At this point I was shaking like a leaf. He got to 20 yrds and I let one fly. The wind took my arrow a little far bach but it was still a kill shot. I texted Forest and told him and the excitement was overwelming. I text Keith and he replied " Cool I'll see you at dark". 10 minutes later " I can't stand it ,I'm on my way". He got there and turned ol' Blue loose then it got interesting. The buck was'nt dead. Blu jumped him and they both took off. He bayed him agian . Keith and I got to him and I put another arrow in him. Dead center in the chest and my arrow went all of the way in him. He took off agian. Blue was on him and Keith took off . Next thing EVERYBODY hear was Keith telling blue that he was a ....... lets just say a good dog( I would get banned if I told you ). Jeff and I took off through the brush and there he was. Keith was happy and excited as so was I .I don't know how either one of those arrows didn't drop him .They went and picked up the rest of the guys while Jeff and I drug him from the brush. I was beside myself. I finally got an Axis buck,my first exotic, on the ground. After all the cleaning was done the beverages and food came out. Saturday morning Txchickenranch stuck a pig. During the day saturday we did the first annual KJO hog doggin. It was a blast. The guys that hasn't done this were exited. Txchickenranch and I caught one that weighed about 75lbs. That hog wasnt happy at all. Saturday evening was packed full . Jbear had stuck a very nice Corcican ram(silver medal) and Jeff had stuck a hog and a painted desert ram. We wern't able to find Jeff's ram. Back at camp we had burgers and stuffed jalapeno's. Wade and I went and run some hogs with no luck Saturdady night(stupid truck driver).Sunday morning it was raining and everyone decided to sleep in. Then all but Adam was packing up for the trip home.I can honestly say this is the best group I have ever hunted with. The jokes,stories,laughter and the friendship that this group has is second to none. Keith is an outstanding guide and will do every thing in his power and knowledge to help you get your trophy. I can see many return trips for this group in the future. Thanks agian to Keith and the group for making this trip one that I will remember for a long time.

P.S. For the group, on my way home I was stuck behind a trailer full of ....... RAMS!!!! Figures.

[ATTACH]432888[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH]432889[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH]432890[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH]432891[/ATTACH]

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355762207.131565.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	24150459
      Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355762221.566577.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	24150460
      Can't forget ol'blue

Comment

Comment

Congrats on the adventure

Comment

Had a great time. I know I will always book the exotic package from now on! Never seen so many nice exotic bucks! Looking forward to our next trip in February!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats Jason, and good write-up!

Comment

Nice job!!

Comment

Nice story that painted desrt is real pretty. Hoping for a axis or blackbuck when I come in May but would have a hard time passing on that.
                    Always a goodtime a Keith's and Forrst and Momma D are cool people so I know you had a goodtime.
                    Mike

Comment

Awesome story. Blue is the man!

Comment

Nice hunt

Comment

Hey guys,, i need the directions to Keith Jonhs place? I going next week and my GPS seems to have taken a dump... thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ace340cs View Post
                            Hey guys,, i need the directions to Keith Jonhs place? I going next week and my GPS seems to have taken a dump... thanks
                            Pm forest .

Comment

I hooked him up.......

Comment

Working...
                              X