X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

raggedy creek ranch

anybody have any info?

What are you looking to know.

The lease I had last year and the year before bordered his high fence exotic place. I am not sure about his other ranches, but they have several. I know the guys who operate the place, and have seen several good deer shot by his customers. I personally, have not hunted any of his ranches. I do know that they spend quite a bit of time working food plots on the ranches.

Rusty also runs the processing place in Crowell. He is also the Chief of Police in Crowell.

My experience hunting in that area is that the deer density is fairly low, unless you get on a river bottom. On the other hand, the deer seem to be much larger that what I have seen in other parts of the state. On my lease, we have several buck deer shot that exceeded 200lbs, and several does that were 110-140lbs range. There are some Mule Deer in that area as well.

HTH

Comment

i was just looking at places on line and looked on here to see if anyone had hunted there. thanks for the info.

Comment

Big time bump. Also looking for info and this is ALL I could find.

Comment

nope havent herd of it

Comment

Hunted the Raggedy creek ranch in 2006. The trip turned out good for me. I took a 115 class 9 point and a doe. The deer were few and far between. There were 8 other hunters and no one took an animal. One guy hunting at the bow ranch shot a buck but it was never recovered. I think there was also a large hog taken on the hunt also. Fun trip, but would have liked to see more deer.

Comment

Originally posted by hoghead View Post
              anybody have any info?
              See info below on my 2006 trip to raggedy creek ranch. Rusty was a great host the guide was very knowledgable about the ranch deer movement. The food was also great. Limited deer movement due to weather but managed to take a 115 class 9 point and a doe.

Comment

Working...
              X