X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Point Update

Alright guys,

Hunted Thurs Oct. 11 thru Sunday.

I missed a doe at 10 yards due to stupidity. Used the wrong pin. I have been hunting many years, to make a mistake like that. Guess it happens.

We did not see a lot of deer. The weather was in the 90s, and the deer where not coming to corn. There were several large deer captured on video and camera's including a two large 12's in the 160's a 10 pt in the 140 range and several 8 pts.

We hunted Comp. 13.

If you hunt a comp. no one else has hunted the deer are at the feeders. Once you build a blind too close to the feeder or spook the deer, they will not come back. Our compartment had someone previously hunt the feeder, and the deer were completely avoiding the feeders. Corn would be eaten on the road but not at the feeder.

In compartments not hunted, game camera's showed good bucks at the feeders.

Even though we did not see many deer, we both had opportunities at does. This was the first trip I have made down there where I did not at least get a doe, and that was strictly due to my mistakes.

Any details you need I will be more than happy to oblige. By the way, the owner has a pic of a large 12 pt, wth kickers making it a 15 pt. It is unbelievable, and he is not hunting it.

If you are talkin bout first point Bowhunting. I found best eat to fool them was to find skeet tree with very low hanging branches and dig a hole at its base close as u can get it limb in and trim shooting holes not windows 8" at biggest.

Comment

No, I fully understand. We dug in and brushed around us, when I say hole I am talking about a sliver through brush. Been there many times with success. Even tried no blind hiding behind brush, drawing, and leaning past brush. Actually it worked so may try again in futre

Comment

Working...
      X