2017 Kansas Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2017 Kansas Thread

Well the heat here at home is killing my hunting mood. Little cool front coming soon that will get me out some. I have been pretty busy with the little one at home and work. But it is the time of year my neck swells up and I get nothing but Kansas on the brain. I know many TBHers hunt the sunflower state, and I have seen a couple of live threads going already, I enjoy following along on those, and living the hunt through them via my office!!

So who all drew the prized green tag and is heading up this fall? Whats your dates and region of the state you're hunting? Public ground, lease, or outfitter? I leave Lufkin on 11/10 after work, will be stopping in Gatesville for the night and should be in Central Kansas by lunch time. Will have until the 19th to get it done!

What rut predictions do you guys like to use if any? I sure like the dates this one has pegged for peak deer activity!

This should work!
    Attached Files

Comment

I should be packed up and hitting the road the morning of Nov. 12. Be on a stand come the morning of the 13th. Hunt with a outfitter. Will be my 14th year with him. Camp is in Stafford. Not sure where he might put me this year, but last year it was an hour east of there, unit 6, Rice county I think. Hunted most of the years in Reno county. The week after opening weekend of pheasant season has always seemed to be the best as rut activity goes.

Comment

Think I'll leave around Nov 10-11....will stay till I get er done or give up...Unit 14. If weather is cold early I might bump it up a week. I love hunting the first week of November and catch bucks cruising before they get locked down!

Comment

I'm going to try to make a late October trip, but not sure if work will allow. Regardless I will be on the Rd Nov 13 for a first sit bight and early on the 14th. On that trip I'll have until the day before Thanksgiving. Then if I haven't killed by then, I'll head back in Dec. This will be my 15th year I think up there on leased ground. 5th year on this farm, with a new farm picked up last year.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

Will be heading up pretty much the whole month of Nov, Unit 11, hunting on friends place and some public. My best guess for rut is second and third week. will be on stand all day on the overhead moon 18th and 19th best time on those days should be between noon and 2pm. Good Luck to all.

Comment

I'll be headed up on the 11th. Hunting Units 7-8, Nov 12-19 with an Outfitter. This will be my 5th year, (4th with this outfitter) to hunt Kansas. The dates I'm hunting are my go to for Rut activity. I've also had good luck hunting the week of Veterans Day.
              I'll have my annual Kansas Live Hunt going while I'm there.

Comment

Headed up to meet an outfitter on Nov. 13 thru 17, first time to this outfitter, looks like we might have picked some good dates, hopefully the weather and deer will cooperate...

good luck to everybody.

Comment

Heading up Oct 21 til Nov 5 in unit 11 in the Chanute area. Love Halloween weekend!
                  If that doesn't work will go back after Thanksgiving.

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
                    Think I'll leave around Nov 10-11....will stay till I get er done or give up...Unit 14. If weather is cold early I might bump it up a week. I love hunting the first week of November and catch bucks cruising before they get locked down!
                    This would be my approach if I had the flexibility to check the weather before heading up!

Comment

Originally posted by Hsbtgarcia View Post
                      I'll be headed up on the 11th. Hunting Units 7-8, Nov 12-19 with an Outfitter. This will be my 5th year, (4th with this outfitter) to hunt Kansas. The dates I'm hunting are my go to for Rut activity. I've also had good luck hunting the week of Veterans Day.
                      I'll have my annual Kansas Live Hunt going while I'm there.
                      Looking forward to it brother! Considering doing one myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Bassdeer View Post
                        Will be heading up pretty much the whole month of Nov, Unit 11, hunting on friends place and some public. My best guess for rut is second and third week. will be on stand all day on the overhead moon 18th and 19th best time on those days should be between noon and 2pm. Good Luck to all.
                        What area of unit 11?
                        Originally posted by rebelbow View Post
                        Heading up Oct 21 til Nov 5 in unit 11 in the Chanute area. Love Halloween weekend!
                        If that doesn't work will go back after Thanksgiving.
                        I hunted about 20 miles from chanute for 10 years, saw and killed some cods. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by LivinADream View Post
                          What area of unit 11?
                          SE corner of state.

Comment

Originally posted by LivinADream View Post
                            I'm going to try to make a late October trip, but not sure if work will allow. Regardless I will be on the Rd Nov 13 for a first sit bight and early on the 14th. On that trip I'll have until the day before Thanksgiving. Then if I haven't killed by then, I'll head back in Dec. This will be my 15th year I think up there on leased ground. 5th year on this farm, with a new farm picked up last year.

Good luck if you get to make the late October tripZ

Comment

Will be headed up around the 2nd of Nov. and plan to stay for 2 weeks maybe longer. Hunting unit 12 again

Comment

Working...
                              X