SONORA TC pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SONORA TC pics

LET SEE SOME PICS FROM AROUND SONORA >>> Got a new lease out there and want to see what to expect from that area... thanks for those who post

Look at the Elbow Lake Ranch website. They have great deer in Sonora.

Comment

ttt

ttt

Comment

that guys a joke

Comment

Originally posted by bubs View Post
          that guys a joke
          Surely your not talking about a fellow TBH'r "Drake" that owns Elbow Lake Ranch.

Comment

Come on guys fill me in on the hunting up there ... there has to be more than one of you that have pics or a website .....

Comment

Originally posted by bubs View Post
              that guys a joke
              Splain urself please!!!

Comment

Ok bowfisher I have a few minutes between shifts The first thing I need to know is how big is ur place and are yall feeding Protein/Corn year round. It has been very Dry for about the last 4 yrs exculding last year so antler mass has been down in my opinion.I hunt 9500 ac Low-fence remote we have free ranging exotics BIG AXIS. Fallow and Blackbucks..I have killed a 153" and numerous 125+ the genetics can vary a lot.We have lot of Crab-Claw (Palmated) antlers.The buck to doe ratio on our place is about 3 to 1 Doe/Buck we are working on that.If your place is big enuff and u feed 160" is not impossible but you need to let the little guys grow there is plenty of Culls to fill ur tags we have some genetics that are lacking Brow-Tines we let the kids and wives shoot them.Plenty of turkey 30+ in flocks (Spring Turkey is a lot of fun)..Water is a key issue and get ready to be cold and Hot on the same day.17 deg morning with 60 deg afternoons.I will Pm or e=mail pics

Comment

Originally posted by BOWFISHER08 View Post
                  Come on guys fill me in on the hunting up there ... there has to be more than one of you that have pics or a website .....
                  I will tell you that every trip I have made there and Rocksprings, Ozona, etc, I have seen tons of game. The free ranging exotics are unbelievable and some of the biggest taken in the state come from there. The Whitetail deer are hardy and get pretty big if they have a water source year round. If it helps you any, I am looking to buy a piece of property in that area

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Pence View Post
                    Ok bowfisher I have a few minutes between shifts The first thing I need to know is how big is ur place and are yall feeding Protein/Corn year round. It has been very Dry for about the last 4 yrs exculding last year so antler mass has been down in my opinion.I hunt 9500 ac Low-fence remote we have free ranging exotics BIG AXIS. Fallow and Blackbucks..I have killed a 153" and numerous 125+ the genetics can vary a lot.We have lot of Crab-Claw (Palmated) antlers.The buck to doe ratio on our place is about 3 to 1 Doe/Buck we are working on that.If your place is big enuff and u feed 160" is not impossible but you need to let the little guys grow there is plenty of Culls to fill ur tags we have some genetics that are lacking Brow-Tines we let the kids and wives shoot them.Plenty of turkey 30+ in flocks (Spring Turkey is a lot of fun)..Water is a key issue and get ready to be cold and Hot on the same day.17 deg morning with 60 deg afternoons.I will Pm or e=mail pics
                    But it's a dry heat/cold.

We hunt just up the road a piece, west of El Dorado. We've got some pretty fair deer on our new lease (according to pictures) but we still don't know totally what we've got.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Pence View Post
                      1400 acres low fence protein for he last 5 years not hunted in the last 25 years. dry devils river through the middle of it ..... lots of good green tall vegitation. lots of hogs too ... we put out game cam the night we looked at it and had 116 pics of game the next mornin,,, couple nice 8s, 1 nice 10 , lots of hogs and a few axis .. the deer were around 115-125 maybe should i exspect bigger from this place and there are no cattle or goats on this place we saw 12 auodad the mornign we left ... Owner sais there are some nice fallow there but no sign of them at the time. when does the rut usually happen there?

Comment

Originally posted by BOWFISHER08 View Post
                        1400 acres low fence protein for he last 5 years not hunted in the last 25 years. dry devils river through the middle of it ..... lots of good green tall vegitation. lots of hogs too ... we put out game cam the night we looked at it and had 116 pics of game the next mornin,,, couple nice 8s, 1 nice 10 , lots of hogs and a few axis .. the deer were around 115-125 maybe should i exspect bigger from this place and there are no cattle or goats on this place we saw 12 auodad the mornign we left ... Owner sais there are some nice fallow there but no sign of them at the time. when does the rut usually happen there?
                        I'd say you're in pretty good shape then.

We have lots of deer that just haven't filled their antlers out yet. In fact, many of them are pretty early in their antler development stages even now, and some of them are mature. It sounds like you are south of I10 then.

We have no exotics that we know of, and we really aren't that far from you. Good luck!

Comment

We are hunting just west of Ft McKavett which is a little east of Sonora, low fence and protein fed for at least the past 5 yrs as well as bowhunting only.

On our place a mature 110 - 120" 8 pt is very common and we do have a very realistic chance at a deer in the 140's or larger.

I let an arrow fly at a mid 140 10 pt last year only to have the arrow ricochet off the top of a Sony Handycam and hit the buck just below the spine, I do have pics of him after season so will see what this year brings.

Here is a pic of a 118" buck from the area, you can also see the crab-claw genes in his left antler, we have alot of 10 pts that will not score very high because of this but are still very nice bucks.
                          Attached Files

Comment

sounds good guys thanks for the input

Comment

Sorry A/C went out last night and still working on getting it fixed....The rut for us usually starts the week of Thanksgiving and runs thru the first week of Dec .That really brings them out all day on our place we do a 11-2 hunt on a different stand or Corned road and them back at it at 3pm..The Devils river is a helluva area..Do your shopping either at home or in Brady the upcharge in Sonora on some stuff is pretty substantial..I dont drink but buddies who do say the Liquor is about 25% higher..

Comment

Working...
                              X