No announcement yet.

Thermacell?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We did a 17 day roadtrip for our honeymoon up north. Camping in a roof top ten part of the time, and the rest of the time spent in fancy hotels. We hit Glacier, Banff, Yellowstone, and the Tetons. The mosquitoes were horrible pretty much everywhere we went. Each night I’d fire up the thermacel for 10-15 minutes inside the tent before we got in. Then we’d get in, zip up the screens, and kill the thermacel. Didn’t see a single skeeter in the tent the whole trip.

Comment

I think I have 6 or 7 of them and they do work.

I have also been in the marsh with 2 of them running in a duck blind and the skeeters were landing and drinking the off off my waders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sounds like they need to make a Vanilla scented thermacell and we’d be golden

Comment

Glad to here I did not waste my money

Comment

Originally posted by spotsanddots View Post
            I know there was a recent posting about the effectiveness of the thermacell and how some of you "wont leave home without it". Does it really work as well as they say? Im thinking about buying one myself since we've had so much rain. I watched a video of a guy testing one. He was standing in an area that had tons of mosquitoes. He fired it up, and after about 10 minutes he still had them fogging and biting him. Was that because there was so many of them or does it have to really really warm up? He kept saying that the slight breeze was affecting it. Has anyone seen that video?
            Any advice or comments on how well it works or doesnt work? I want to get one before the hunts start up.
            Good grief man, have you been living under a rock???
            These things have been out for years now. I have 3 now, just because I couldn't keep up with one. I never go in the woods without it, unless it's cold enough the skeeters aren't out.
            Also, when the butane runs out, the skeeters will let you know!!

Comment

Some days, I just couldn’t be out hunting without one and yes they need TO warm up

Comment

I’ve I’m in the woods it’s on me. Hasn’t let me down once.One very good small investment.

Comment

I may carry two of them to stand this year as bad as the mosquitoes are after this last rain.

Comment

During the early season, I will not hunt without one. It's night and day!

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
                      Best thing since sliced bread.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
                      Best money I’ve ever spent. We have one for the deck, mosquitos starting biting,cartridge was out, all good 5 minutes later.

Comment

Yes,Buy one or two

Comment

4 years ago, my son and I went on a TYHP dove hunt. We were the only ones with Thermacells, and we were the only ones that didn't get bitten by skeeters. As others have noted, they don't work well in the wind. We carry a spare one in the car, always carry extra fuel cylinders and pads, and I always carry a can of Repel as a back-up. They are well worth the money.

Good luck,

Dave

Comment

I didn't start using one until last year. They're great, I swatted skeeters for years! I usually sit in the stand until the skeeters start bothering me before I fire it up, unless it's a night hunt. I light it before I leave the house/camp on a night hunt in the warm months. You won't regret it. I've spent $20 on a lot worse stuff that didn't work anywhere near as well!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

I am a believer

I was skeptical but I hate being without mine in early season

Comment

I have 3, one in my pack and 1 in each of my blinds...

The one in the pack is a back up...

I'm a believer

Comment

Working...
                                X