Finally joined the lacy dog family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally joined the lacy dog family

I had no idea what a lacy was until I joined this sight and immediately after reading up on them I wanted one the time was finally right and I was able to pick up a LDBA registered lacy oh what have I gotten myself In to lol

I'm jealous. This may be my next dog

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
      I'm jealous. This may be my next dog

At 7 weeks old she already shows some intelligence I can’t wait to do
      Some blood trailing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats! You have many hours, MANY hours of wide open throttle, turbo on top of supercharged, obsessive do-every-job-perfectly fun with that dog ahead of you. Mine did not actually sit still for any noticeable amount of time until she turned 4. Now she just sprints all the time instead of sprinting in between aerial 360’s.

Lacy’s are the only dogs I’ve been around that are unapologetic about their seriousness for doing a job perfectly. They are going to nail the task perfectly and to hell with anyone that gets in their way.

Comment

Pm sent

Comment

Good looking pup. Don’t miss those days lol

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
              Congrats! You have many hours, MANY hours of wide open throttle, turbo on top of supercharged, obsessive do-every-job-perfectly fun with that dog ahead of you. Mine did not actually sit still for any noticeable amount of time until she turned 4. Now she just sprints all the time instead of sprinting in between aerial 360’s.

Lacy’s are the only dogs I’ve been around that are unapologetic about their seriousness for doing a job perfectly. They are going to nail the task perfectly and to hell with anyone that gets in their way.

This made me LOL And worry ha ha the breeder pretty much told me the same thing

Comment

Congrats good luck with your pup

Comment

Originally posted by live2hunt65 View Post
                  Congrats good luck with your pup

Thanks !

Comment

Hope you got a full time job for him! And lots of room to run.

Comment

Her backyard is a little over a acre so I hope that’s enough

Comment

We used to trade for an occasional Lacy back in the 60's and 70's to use for catching wild cattle. The breed has changed quite a bit since those days as the males were in the 50-60 pound range and females, 45-55 pounds. The only color phase that I ever remember were steel blue with tan trim. If memory serves me correctly, the dogs we had came from between Fredricksburg and Llano.
                        They made fair dogs but the best product for this rough game was achieved when the Lacy was crossed with a Catahoula.
                        The Lacy had a fair nose but nothing like my hounds.
                        Adios,
                        Gary

Comment

Mine is 12 years old now and is still high energy most of the time. She does seem to be losing her hearing a bit but other wise seems no different than when she was 5.

Comment

Good looking pup

Comment

Mine is 12 +\- also he still stands and jumps in place to watch me through the roof slats when I go get him from the kennel.

Comment

Working...
                              X