Gun Vise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gun Vise

Want to add a vise to the bench. Was going to order a Tipton but thought I would get opinions before I do.

I prefer the parrot vise with padded jaws...I have a set with rubber & cork depending on what I want to do.

Favorite tool on the bench for long guns.

Comment

Brownells multi vise

Comment

This one's pretty cool also:

The “Versa Vise” or Ultimate Versatile Vise by Garrett Wade is a sturdy workbench vise that can be rotated on two different axes. Add it to your workshop today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I like this one, I bolted it to my bench rather than using the suction cup mount.

Padded jaws so it won't scratch guns when cleaning or scope mounting, and it will hold an AR mag block or upper receiver jaws as well as a 12v drill for primer pocket reaming or case trimming.

Comment

The Tipton and MTM gun vises are nice additions for your bench. They are pretty adaptable for various firearms.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
              I prefer the parrot vise with padded jaws...I have a set with rubber & cork depending on what I want to do.

Favorite tool on the bench for long guns.
              I think I want to try this vise. Where did you find the rubber jaws? I found the cork set.

Comment

I have been using a Tipton for 20+ years and it still works well. Some of the other ones look good but why replace what isn't broke.

Comment

I've turned my garage into more of a "work space" to tinker with different projects. I don't have a vise yet so I thought this one would be more versatile. I did see that cabelas will have the Tipton Best Gun Vise on sale for $55 with a free AR mag well vise block.

Comment

Originally posted by kembry View Post
                    I think I want to try this vise. Where did you find the rubber jaws? I found the cork set.
                    I made my own out of plate aluminum, with the only difference being they were not angled like the ones that came with it. This works out fine as the angled jaws w/ cork are used for grabbing the stock & where the angle comes in handy. The rubber jaws with the plate aluminum jaws I use for grabbing the barrel.

I also replaced the thin cork with a thick version I got from a hobby shop.

If you would like I can take some pics.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                      I made my own out of plate aluminum, with the only difference being they were not angled like the ones that came with it. This works out fine as the angled jaws w/ cork are used for grabbing the stock & where the angle comes in handy. The rubber jaws with the plate aluminum jaws I use for grabbing the barrel.

I also replaced the thin cork with a thick version I got from a hobby shop.

If you would like I can take some pics.
                      Some pictures would be great when you have a chance. Thanks.

Comment

Buy a good solid vise. Then add a set of these jaw pads. I've been using an abusing a set of these for 30+ years and they are still like the day I bought them. A gunsmith I used at the time sold these. They are what he used. Just notch the plate to fit your vise.

Comment

Working...
                        X