No announcement yet.

Ufc 223

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conor McGregor’s future may be in jeopardy after a video was released showing him attacking a bus full of several UFC fighters in New York. It’s possible the star may be arrested for his involvement in the melee that left one UFC contender cut and bloodied.

TMZ first reported the news along with the harrowing video filmed from inside the bus. In it, McGregor can be seen running in front of the vehicle just after glass shattered from the side he was on. In another video from a different angle, it's clear McGregor broke the window using a dolly. Later, a member of his entourage throws a chair that cracks the front windshield of the bus before it’s able to get behind security gates.

WARNING: The below videos contains graphic language

Fighters were in attendance at the Barclays Center arena for a media event ahead of UFC 223. Police sources told the outlet that the NYPD received a call reporting a fight between roughly 25 males, with EMS responding to treat injuries. Michael Chiesa is reportedly hospitalized from injuries caused by the broken window and it's unclear if he'll be able to fight at UFC 223 as planned.

It’s unclear exactly what provoked the fight, but some turmoil surrounding McGregor’s return to the octagon may shed some light.

According to The Washington Post, McGregor took issue with UFC president Dana White saying that the upcoming bout between Max Holloway and Khabib Nurmagomedov on April 7 will decide the new UFC lightweight championship with no qualifier in front of the title. McGregor won the title in 2016, but stepped away from the UFC last year in order to train for his highly-publicized boxing match with Floyd Mayweather. It seems that McGregor took issue with the idea of being stripped of his title.

White told TMZ that this is "bigger than us firing him" in reference to McGregor, hinting that the star may be in greater legal trouble for the scuffle.

It’s unclear at this time if any action will be taken against McGregor for the incident. The NYPD told Fox News it had nothing to report on the incident at this time, but that it is investigating the incident.

In a video tweeted by an ESPN reporter, White says that a warrant is out for McGregor's arrest and that he will not be able to leave the state on a plane because of it.

Comment

Originally posted by boh347 View Post
      Man anyone following the 3 ring circus this fight turning out to be? Looks like there could possibly be a warrant issued for Conor’s arrest.
      There should be. What a POS. He might be a helluva fighter, but somebody should have taken an ax handle to his punk Irish ***.

Comment

Easy on the Irish we did bring potatoes

Comment

Originally posted by Bone Thug View Post
          I sure would like to see a Khabib vs McGregor fight one of these days.
          I'd like to see it too because I think Connor is a DB but I think it will be a terrible fight. Khabib would hold him down and beat the dickens out of him simply to show the UFC they were promoting the wrong guy.

Says he wants GSP at 155lbs for his first title defense. GSP has claimed he can make 155, idk if I believe it. Fight kind of makes sense, GSP has a shot a the belt in 3 weight classes, big payday for Khabib.

Comment

Having witnessed the results of McGregor/Diaz 1 and 2, GSP/Bisping and other mix matches, I don't dare make predictions for this. I say let the winner of Holloway/khabib fight McGregor next, let that winner fight Woodley next.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
              There should be. What a POS. He might be a helluva fighter, but somebody should have taken an ax handle to his punk Irish ***.
              He's a disgrace - He's the worst kind of disgrace. A talented one.

Having said that, Khabib would absolutely mop the floor with him. He has lost his last 2 of 3. He's nothing but a mouth now. He knows it, and so does Dana.
              Last edited by jer_james; 04-06-2018, 06:16 AM.

Comment

Staged

Comment

McGregor has no intentions of fighting ever again... doesnt need to.
                  He scripts everything... everything has a purpose... This had a purpose and it wasnt to look like crazy irish man...throwing a dolly through a window because the UFC didnt put an asterisk in front of a vacated belt he once had but left to go make 100Million dollars....
                  its an exit strategy ..so he doesnt have to take a chance on goin out a loser.

Comment

I do agree this was scripted on McG's part - He knew what he was doing. He got caught in the moment, and will HAVE to fight again now. He will have to pay for this screw up. Those fighters know he has money. He threw the dolly that cancelled their payday.

Dana will be laughing all the way to the bank.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                      McGregor has no intentions of fighting ever again... doesnt need to.
                      He scripts everything... everything has a purpose... This had a purpose and it wasnt to look like crazy irish man...throwing a dolly through a window because the UFC didnt put an asterisk in front of a vacated belt he once had but left to go make 100Million dollars....
                      its an exit strategy ..so he doesnt have to take a chance on goin out a loser.
                      Exactly what I was thinking

Comment

$20 says it this stages the Conor VS. Khabib fight for the biggest fight in UFC history... Macgregor has been calculating all his moves, and knows something like this will be all over the news for weeks. He knows good and well Khabib is going to beat Max, and they'll continue their "Beef" right into a big ole payday. Conor will have to pay all those fighters who got screwed, but I don't think that will hurt him any. I just hope Max disrupts all their plans and KOs the Russian!

Comment

I have a suspicion that Conor (while being one of the most talented fighters there has ever been) may also be wayyyyy more business savvy than we give him credit for. This incident may cost him a few million but I have a feeling he is setting things up to turn that into 10's of millions. I'll admit, that I don't like this last stunt at all but I think the guy is a whole different level when it comes to the fighting business.

I have been wrong before....and I didn't stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Comment

Holloway pulled from the card now. Medicaly unfit to compete. Anthony Pettis will now be fighting kabib for the belt.
                            Last edited by Fishcat91; 04-06-2018, 08:03 AM.

Comment

I never thought Max could do the weight.....safely...
                              WAY too much in a short perod of time....
                              Pettis will be fun... still going to get beat up though....

Comment

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
                                $20 says it this stages the Conor VS. Khabib fight for the biggest fight in UFC history... Macgregor has been calculating all his moves, and knows something like this will be all over the news for weeks. He knows good and well Khabib is going to beat Max, and they'll continue their "Beef" right into a big ole payday. Conor will have to pay all those fighters who got screwed, but I don't think that will hurt him any. I just hope Max disrupts all their plans and KOs the Russian!

Connor will be lucky to be allowed back in the country. He is facing felony charges.

This wasn't staged. Certainly not by the UFC. 3 fights were canceled due to this. Ray Borg got glass in his eyes, Michael Chiesa got cut. Rose was narrowly missed by glass. This nearly screwed the entire card.

Connor doesn't want to fight anymore, doesn't need to. If he has beef with Khabib he could have settled it in the ring for his next fight and got paid millions to do it. But he knows he needs his 20 buddies there to help him fight khabib because he can not beat him. That is pretty evident by this ordeal.
                                Last edited by adam_p; 04-06-2018, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X