Trump threatens the free press

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trump threatens the free press

Interesting to see the president support infringing on the 1st amendment.

"Network news has become so partisan, distorted and fake that licenses must be challenged and, if appropriate, revoked. Not fair to public!"

"With all of the Fake News coming out of NBC and the Networks, at what point is it appropriate to challenge their License? Bad for country!"

Also, I can't believe someone can't take away his twitter account.

No one has ever been better at controlling the narrative than Trump. Tweet something ridiculous that your base will love, watch the news media and crazy left go bananas, and once again we go another news cycle while not focusing on real issues.

What's going on with Iran? What's the current plan with N. Korea? How are we doing on tax reform? What's the latest on the ACA and its replacement/repeal? What about DACA? The "tall beautiful wall"?

Trump focuses the media, and by default America on whatever red herring he wants. It's actually pretty masterful.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
      No one has ever been better at controlling the narrative than Trump. Tweet something ridiculous that your base will love, watch the news media and crazy left go bananas, and once again we go another news cycle while not focusing on real issues.

What's going on with Iran? What's the current plan with N. Korea? How are we doing on tax reform? What's the latest on the ACA and its replacement/repeal? What about DACA? The "tall beautiful wall"?

Trump focuses the media, and by default America on whatever red herring he wants. It's actually pretty masterful.
      Iran - cancel current deal
      N. Korea - war of words unless Rocket Man does something really stupid.
      Tax Reform - Probably will hit road blocks on both sides of the aisle.
      Daca - Approved
      Wall - meh

Comment

Not sure if he threatened or just called them out again.. "Fake News" using Trumps name for it, are as much a threat to our freedom as a government controlled press core. The liberal media is in bed with the dems and are biascally being "controlled" as to what narrative they are spewing 24/7. If we can not see the danger in the national media being in bed with either political party we are doomed for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
          Not sure if he threatened or just called them out again.. "Fake News" using Trumps name for it, are as much a threat to our freedom as a government controlled press core. The liberal media is in bed with the dems and are biascally being "controlled" as to what narrative they are spewing 24/7. If we can not see the danger in the national media being in bed with either political party we are doomed for sure.

Agreed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep. If Reagan had a twitter account........

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
              Iran - cancel current deal
              N. Korea - war of words unless Rocket Man does something really stupid.
              Tax Reform - Probably will hit road blocks on both sides of the aisle.
              Daca - Approved
              Wall - meh
              U.S. Customs and Border Protection released video showing the prototypes for the border wall being built even as negotiations for the funding of the border wall appear to have stalled. Here's the video of the prototypes: How long has this construction been underway? Construction of the prototypes b...

Comment

not to mention the most watched news agency being controlled by the repubs. (fox news)

it seems common to leave fox out of the tag "mainstream media" but they are the biggest one in the msm. and, they owe trump big time. hes basically convinced(or reinforced) his entire following that no other news network can be trusted and fox ratings have never been better.

couldnt agree more with you though. its getting very hard to find a national news network that even attempts to be objective and unbiased. and this will end up being very divisive and dangerous.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by texasnavy05 View Post
                  [COLOR="Blue"]not to mention the most watched news agency being controlled by the repubs. (fox news)

it seems common to leave fox out of the tag "mainstream media" but they are the biggest one in the msm. and, they owe trump big time. hes basically convinced(or reinforced) his entire following that no other news network can be trusted and fox ratings have never been better.
                  [/COLOR]
                  couldnt agree more with you though. its getting very hard to find a national news network that even attempts to be objective and unbiased. and this will end up being very divisive and dangerous.

I think the reason people leave Fox out of discussions like this is because Fox is the stand alone channel with a "Republican" leaning. So it kind of seems like it's Fox against the world.

Dinesh D'Souza, I think, nails it when it comes to Fox. It's not necessarily that they are the best and are always telling the truth, they simply came in with an alternate perspective and exposed "news" for what it is. Which is whatever the person feeding it to you wants it to be.

I agree. There really isn't anything out there that doesn' t have a spin/bias/agenda. It's been that way for a long time. This is why it's important we stop teaching kids what to think and instead teach them how to think. I can watch CNN/Fox and wade through the BS to come to my own conclusion/opinion about a topic. It seems that is lost on a lot of people.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                    I can watch CNN/Fox and wade through the BS to come to my own conclusion/opinion about a topic. It seems that is lost on a lot of people.
                    exactly! you listen to both sides of an argument then find the truth somewhere in the middle.

Comment

exactly! you listen to both sides of an argument then find the truth somewhere in the middle.

Except they are getting more and more simpatico.

I refuse to watch and Cable news shows except Kennedy but I only like that show for her commentary and the Topical Storm as its hilarious. The panels on the show are the same as the rest of fox. We haven't turned on cable news in months at our house, I have pretty much forbade it. It is just designed to divide.

Please post political and non-hunting current events to this forum. Personal attacks and disrespect in posting will not be tolerated.

Comment

Well I wouldn't even go that far. If I watch news, it's really for the headlines only. The topic can be thought of and researched individually and free from news orgs. Saying that. There are some people I like in media. You just have to realize they are people with their own views and agendas just like you and I.

Comment

A new undercover video shows New York Times audience strategy editor Nick Dudich bragging about his anti-Trump bias and his history as a former antifa member.

A NYT editor just got caught on camera admitting they are biased and uh well-

"The editor also claimed to be a former antifa member who frequently assaulted alleged neo-Nazis. “Yeah, I used to be an antifa punk once upon a time,” Dudich says, referring to the militant far-left movement that has repeatedly attacked conservatives and Trump supporters."

I mean is it really "news" to promote lies, say like the Trump PeePee dossier. At some point I think you get into slander.

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                            http://dailycaller.com/2017/10/10/ny...ti-trump-bias/

A NYT editor just got caught on camera admitting they are biased and uh well-

"The editor also claimed to be a former antifa member who frequently assaulted alleged neo-Nazis. “Yeah, I used to be an antifa punk once upon a time,” Dudich says, referring to the militant far-left movement that has repeatedly attacked conservatives and Trump supporters."

I mean is it really "news" to promote lies, say like the Trump PeePee dossier. At some point I think you get into slander.
                            okeefe does it again

Comment

Trump train rolling baby!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X