No announcement yet.

Texas Tuna Tres - Blood, Sweat & Offshore Pirating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just got home about an hour ago. Still unwinding with a swig or two of fine whiskey. Dog tired. Great bunch of adventurers with whom to share good times! Some of these guys are HARD CORE deep water guys...and they know who they are! Everyone on the boat was willing to share their equipment, knowledge and expertise and some of their catch!

Did I mention the seas were angry at times and some of us gave up our lunches back to the gulf trying to appease the wave gods???

I will post some of my pics when I get them sorted.

Another fine adventure with some fine people!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
      Everyone on the boat was willing to share their equipment, knowledge and expertise and some of their catch!
      And you were so grafteful, you offered to clean the catch for the whole crew.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Burnadell filleting tbh.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	161.5 KB
ID:	24469345

Comment

Enjoyed the trip and thanks for the memories guys!

I have a lot of work to do today. 3 coolers of ice for post processing AHI tuna work.

Got my limit of three.....and my smallest fish, is all SUSHI this week!

I have hundreds of images to pour over and I will add them as I can find the time to get there.

Here's the 1ST stop, offshore drillship PACIFIC SANTA ANA. Located 230 miles East of Port Aransas.

Seas ran 6 - 8ft...with a few kicking 10ft or so.

On my 3rd cast using a Pink Frenzy flyer....it was ON!

2nd biggest fish of our quota.....my new 8ft casting rod has now been christened by the Tuna Gods.

This one took about an hour to land....just shy of 100lbs.

Frenzy still hanging out of it's mouth, 4/0 Owner treble hook deep inside it's throat - 1ST OF MANY TO COME!

Built for speed and power - 45 mph fish - an absolute handful on light class stand-up tackle onboard moving decks. Beautiful and powerful......not bad sickles on this one either.

Not about to lift it clear off the deck. Trying to conserve arm strength for the long haul.

It's all about saving as much body energy as you can out here. As the fishing trip winds on, you have to push your body to catch a limit and, run the decks casting non-stop to score fish.

Thanks for snapping this for me Doug!

Last edited by AtTheWall; 10-31-2016, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Thanks guys - WHAT A COOL BUNCH OF TUNA PIRATES!!!!!

Comment

Good job guys! Can't wait to see some more pictures! Wish I had half the luck as y'all inshore this weekend!

Comment

Art, your pictures are always appreciated...The 2nd Ahi pic is awesome....looks like y'all had a blast. Thanks all for such great stories and pictures.

Comment

awesome trip guys...glad yall were able to get on em...reports have been slow

Comment

Comment

President of the GRUMPY OLD MAN'S CLUB and Rice Owl alumni.

Athenian Owl

All for Rice's Honor, we will fight on.
                    We will be fighting when this day is done.
                    And when the dawn comes breaking,
                    We'll be fighting on, Rice, for the Gray and Blue.
                    We will be loyal, to Rice be true.

And Fight on......Burnadell did!

Comment

A very welcome addition onboard Dolphin Express.....Satellite TV. We were able to tune into the World-series and some College football. Ate dinner watching the World-series......blow out but GO CUBS GO!

Crewman Red, Poco and Doug near the galley.

Comment

Underway at first light. Kilo99 walking, Reaper33 sitting, Uncle Saggy on the cell before cell coverage drops and Glen finding his sea legs.

Old Glory - tattered but proud at the masthead. AMERICAN TUNA!

Comment

Originally posted by Chunky View Post
                          I want to say what a great trip this was. I got to meet a bunch of people I have known through TBH for long time....in person. The guys on this trip were great and welcomed a new rookie. Almost everyone offered me the rod or tackle (as I have none of my own).

They made sure everyone got at least one good tuna.

Several gave up fishing time to help me. Including my quest to boat a barracuda.

Thanks to everyone. Oh and Randy gave a motion sickness patch that probably saved my life. I also took all the pills I had. Rough seas and all it was a trip I will never forget, thanks to each of you.

It takes a special group to be in somewhat challenging conditions, crowded, and awake for most of three days and everyone still get along. These pirates rule.

Was great to meet you Chucky! Good conversations were had in between the Tuna killing!

Chucky stayed true to TBH form and pulled out the Bow and attempted to take down a few Barracudas that were hanging around the boat. Although he didnt stick one he gave it a heck of a try.

dp

Comment

Left - Sparkles (Dale), Fargus (Chris) and DPatterson1976 (Daniel)

Comment

Poco (Ray)

Comment

Left Reaper33 (Jacoby) & Glen.

Just beyond the Port Aransas offshore anchorage - a day of steaming to clear 230 miles to Pacific Santa Ana.

Comment

Working...
                                X