S.A. good eats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S.A. good eats

Got 3 days at the convention center next week and need some good dinner ideas away from the river walk tourist junk. Tried the Cove last time there and liked that. Now I need a good Tex-mex place and good brisket or maybe even a moderately priced steakhouse.

I like Los Barrios for Tex Mex when I am in San Antonio.

Comment

For Brisket, try the Smoke House, it's on the corner of Rigsby and Roland.
      Last edited by Sideler; 10-11-2011, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Not too many great barbecue places in San Antonio, one that's alright is the Smoke Shack. Mary Lous on mccullough is good for tex-mex. What show is going on next week?

Comment

for good steaks, Little Red Barn.

Comment

Originally posted by VCC View Post
            What show is going on next week?
            GEOINT - US Geospacial Intelligence Symposium

Comment

To heck with the steak, take you appetite to get a Chris Madrid's burger... Blanco and Hollywood. It's my favorite burger in the world.

Comment

La Margarita in the market.

Comment

Originally posted by viper3853 View Post
                  for good steaks, Little Red Barn.
                  /vomit

That place has the most disgusting kitchen I have ever been in. (there on business) plus, they just use killer cow steak cuts and they are mediocre at best...

Were you thinking Barn Door instead of Little Red Barn? THEY serve good steaks and aren't as obscenely expensive as Mortons, Ruth Chris, etc.
                  Last edited by cosmiccowboy; 10-11-2011, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Just start walking till you find one. It'll be good.

Comment

Check out Silo's on 1604 north. They make a great steak. Or at least they did when I lived there a few years ago. Kirby's is supposed to have good steaks too and is in the same area.

As for Tex-Mex...you're in San Antonio. They're on every corner.

Comment

No good brisket in San Antonio as odd as that sounds. There are tons of good tex Mex spots. Pico de Gallo across 35 from El mercado is good. The restaurant adjacent to the White Wing tortilla factory has some of the best breakfast plates you can get. What is the name of the legendary Mexican restaurant on Blanco Rd?

Yeah thats it...already mentioned above.....

Comment

For Tex-Mex we normally go to Alamo Cafe on 281 N (Winding Way exit). Coopers BBQ is just up the road in New Braunfels.

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar Light View Post
                            To heck with the steak, take you appetite to get a Chris Madrid's burger... Blanco and Hollywood. It's my favorite burger in the world.
                            Second this one. It's good. Also there are some great eats on the river just pic one or two

Comment

Soluna in Alamo Heights, some of the best Mexican food you'll ever eat. I like the Tacos Nortenos...makes my mouth water just tinking about them. It is located on Braodway at Sunset.

Comment

Working...
                              X