Best Family Hauler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Family Hauler

Due to some unusual circumstances, my wife and I have been blessed with adding a new 6 six year old girl to our family! This makes 3 kids total, ages 3, 4, and 6.

Her Rav4 isn't going to cut it. We are looking at getting something with 3 rows of seating soon. Budget about $20k, so definitely used. Tahoe, Suburban, Sequoia, etc. are on our radar.

What would you buy if you were in my shoes?

You probably are not going to be able to find a used Suburban, Taho or a Toyota SUV in decent shape for $20k

For that amount of money I would look at a mini van

Comment

traverse or acadia

Comment

You could find an older suburban for that I bet.
        We have an 05, owned since new and never had any issues other than basic maintenance. Granted, it only has 70K miles on it, if that.
        Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
          traverse or acadia
          These are what my wife and I have been looking at. Pricing on burbs/tahoes has gone looney. For $20k, I expect you’ll be looking at 2 y/o traverses or 5+ y/o suburbans.

Comment

Its not cool, and its not a hunting vehicle, but we got my wife a Toyota Sienna recently and love it. Its like the swiss army knife of family vehicles. The amount of stuff you can fit in it for road trips is unbelievable. I fought, and fought, and fought some more against getting a minivan. But for the price and the practicality, it really can't be beat.

We looked at Suburbans, Tahoes, Sequoias, Highlanders, Traverses, Acadias and Enclaves. The Suburbans and Tahoes were great, but are pricey. And I think you can fit more stuff in a minivan than a Tahoe or Suburban.

The Highlanders/Traverse/Acadias were nice, but a lot smaller than we wanted. I spoke with a couple friends that have those vehicles and they said they are great for running around town, but on any type of road trip where you have to pack luggage you run out of room quickly.

Comment

Comment

Nissan.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

My wife drives a Durango and likes it. We bought it a year old, for $22k.

Comment

As much Tahoe or Yukon as you can afford.

Comment

It's hard to beat a mini-van. That being said, my wife moved from a mini-van to a Dodge Durango back in 2013 and she loves them. Bought another one in July.

Comment

Ford Explorer

Comment

We tried the large suv but ended up replacing it with a Honda Odyssey. Power sliding doors in tight parking lots makes it all worth it.

Comment

We have had a Honda Pilot for 9 years and have 147K miles on it. It has been a great vehicle for my family of 3 kids and we are getting ready to buy a new one sometime this week. Not sure how old of a model you would have to get to be under 20K, but probably not more then 3-4 years.

Comment

Ford Flex seats 7

Comment

Working...
                              X