Want to brag on my dogs some

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Want to brag on my dogs some

I got a call this morning to go track a gut shot deer and I thought it was going be a fairly easy short track. This trail ended up being 1.13 miles and bayed the deer three times before I got a shot off to dispatch the deer. Between the second and third bay the deer ran straight at me and the dogs were on his tail the whole way and bayed him up about 30 yards later. My red dog is only a year old and I did not want his first trail to be this hard but man did he enjoy it and I think he is hooked now. I cant wait to see what the rest of the season brings for me and these pups. The red dots on the map are the only places we found blood. We started on the north east end. I did not want or expect their first track of the season to be this hard but they did not mind at all
    Attached Files

cool.............

Comment

Awesome, there are few things in life more satisfying than watching a dog do what he is born to do.
      Congrats on the recovery.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

Nothing like a blood trail with a good dog and happy ending. Great job!

Comment

This is awesoms

Comment

Sounds like a great track. I have never had a tracking dog but have had a couple good duck hunting dogs. It always makes hunting better when they do there job good. Congrats on the recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Blue View Post
              Sounds like a great track. I have never had a tracking dog but have had a couple good duck hunting dogs. It always makes hunting better when they do there job good. Congrats on the recovery.
              These are the first 2 trackin dogs I’ve trained and I think their turning out pretty good

Comment

What app is that?

Comment

Originally posted by Plan B View Post
                  What app is that?
                  On X maps. Best hunting app out there.

Comment

Sounds like you had a lot of fun.

Comment

That's great

Comment

That's a great first track of the season. And when you run into the deer alive and the dogs get to bay, that's a huge turn on for their drive. Way to go!

Comment

congrats to you and your dogs on a great track. Nothing like watching your dogs do what they are trained, and love, to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                            That's a great first track of the season. And when you run into the deer alive and the dogs get to bay, that's a huge turn on for their drive. Way to go!
                            That’s what I’m hopin for. That black dog isn’t even 2 yet and he’s my oldest dog. If I woulda known the trail was going to be that hard I wouldn’t have used the hound since it’s his first real track of the season but I’m glad I did with the result I got. I think it will really make him want them now

Comment

that is awesome!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X