Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
    A sleeping bag works good.
    This. I have an old Army issue down sleeping bag that I didn't use any more. Take it on cold days and pull it up over my shoulders, unzipped from about the waste. I can usually even keep my arms/hands inside without gloves.
    Slowly let it off my shoulders as action picks up.

Comment

All about layering IMHO....

I have about a 50 minute drive on ATV from camp to my spot out west and many mornings it has been in the 20's. The first year I thought i was going to die from the cold and had to stop many times to try and warm up. The next year I began to layer. T-shirt, long sleeve shirt, hoodie, vest, Carhart coat, and then insulated overalls. Underwear, DarnTough socks, long underwear, Carhart pants, and then overalls. A good beanie cap, good gloves, and a mask with neck-warmer. Since doing this, I don't get cold. Comfortable on the drive and can sit for hours. I do strip down once to the box blind and turn on the lil' buddy heater though for my all day sits when temps are low.

Comment

In Missouri, I have carried a lightweight sleeping bag in and zipped up in it while up in the tree. On those 0-20 mornings, it is a life saver.

Comment

Snuggie!

Comment

Use a space bag. They're like a giant, heavy duty Ziploc. You can roll the excess air out and it's a nice compact package.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Put one some weight!!!

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                Buy some wool and problem solved
                How so. Wool is an awesome insulator, but not on the same level, as down, or the newer synthetics found in most modern hunting clothes, even fleece for that matter. Wool doesn't automatically translate to WARM. Far from it. That would be down if anything. Most of what you know about wool "superfabric", is marketing hype. Warm when wet, is one of them . None are perfect, and all have a use, but WOOL isn't solving anyone's being cold, unless they are clueless, and trying to layer Haynes cotton clothing. I presumed, that not to be the case.
                Correct layering can solve most issues.

Comment

Working...
                X