X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In for an update

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Had a good day but no bear kill. Saw 9 bears today. Stalked one bear and we cut him off coming toward us. We finally had perfect wind and cover. Jordan was ranging him as he cane in. I hit full draw with bear at 30 yards. He kept coming. He never turned broadside and finally saw us when he got to just under 5 yards!!!!! This was an 8 1/2 foot bear. Quite a rush. Had one other stalk but ran out of cover at 120 yards. All the bears so far are in summer coat. Will keep giving it a go. Did have another awesome midday meat haul fishing and plan on more hunting and fishing tomorrow. Getting towards only one daytime low tide. May mean more fishing and less good hunting time.

Comment

Tiger rockfish from the meat haul!

A little twofer for the plate!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Beats working

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post
            Had a good day but no bear kill. Saw 9 bears today. Stalked one bear and we cut him off coming toward us. We finally had perfect wind and cover. Jordan was ranging him as he cane in. I hit full draw with bear at 30 yards. He kept coming. He never turned broadside and finally saw us when he got to just under 5 yards!!!!! This was an 8 1/2 foot bear. Quite a rush. Had one other stalk but ran out of cover at 120 yards. All the bears so far are in summer coat. Will keep giving it a go. Did have another awesome midday meat haul fishing and plan on more hunting and fishing tomorrow. Getting towards only one daytime low tide. May mean more fishing and less good hunting time.
            Wow that’s intense. I don’t know how y’all could keep calm.

Comment

Doc’s got a second date! Brown Bear Round #2

Keep plugging away, you’ll get your opportunity soon enough.

That pizza made me drool, I haven’t been up there in way too long

Comment

Tiger rockfish from the meat haul!

A little twofer for the plate!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                I see halibut. Best filets you can get. Ask them if they know how to do “Alaska lobster” out of it. It’s amazing any way you cook it.

Comment

That tiger rockfish is really cool! You need one in your trophy room....to go along with the bear!!!Geterdone!!

Comment

Originally posted by chrigging View Post
                    That tiger rockfish is really cool! You need one in your trophy room....to go along with the bear!!!Geterdone!!
                    I think that would be sweet for the bear to be eating on the mount. lol

Comment

Originally posted by chrigging View Post

That's what I'm thinking! That things cool looking!!! Thanks for taking us along! Get a pointy stick dirty today!!!

Comment

Following
                        Good luck Doc!

Comment

tagged

Comment

In, good luck

Comment

Quiet today. Hope it is a good sign.

Comment

Question for you Doc, what's with throwing the lingcod back? We used to keep them when we caught them, do they have a season or slot limit now?

They are a great eating fish!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X