13lb tex bull frog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

13lb tex bull frog

something wrong with the pic there showing??? http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/05/30...oes-viral.html

Looks like he caught it with a .22 bullet!lol
    That's a big arse bullfrog!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Big ol frog, is that only pic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nothing at all, it's called forced perspective. Hold the frog close to the camera with the person further back and Viola, giant frog​!

Comment

A spokesman for the Texas Parks & Wildlife Department told the Houston Chronicle that the photo is real and not photoshopped. However, the spokesman said the picture is a little misleading.

"It's not as bigly as it appears," spokesman Steve Lightfoot said. "[It's an] optical illusion created by extending frog toward the camera – similar to what you see with fishermen holding up fish to make them appear larger. Still a big bullfrog, though."

Sounds like a tremendously uuuge frog...

Comment

Bet them was some good eating

Comment

Originally posted by 125Dad View Post
              Bet them was some good eating
              They are so big it might be light eating wild turkey legs, a little too tough to enjoy.

Comment

Are those dreadlocks on that frog?? LOL

Comment

Looks fake to me!!

Comment

Originally posted by Whosure View Post
                    They are so big it might be light eating wild turkey legs, a little too tough to enjoy.
                    Agree. Shot several one day last summer, and the biggest ones had the toughest meat. The medium sized shooter frogs were much better.

Also, 13 pounds seems like quite a stretch. Perhaps, it was supposed to be 1.3 pounds. The Goliath Frogs in Africa, which are the world's largest, max out under 8 pounds. Makes for a good story, though.

Comment

Originally posted by RODEO View Post
                      Are those dreadlocks on that frog?? LOL
                      I thought the same thing.

And, 13 pounds is one heck of a big frog! Even TPWD confirmed it was real. The photo is misleading, but it is still a very big frog!

Comment

Originally posted by arrowsmack324 View Post
                        Nothing at all, it's called forced perspective. Hold the frog close to the camera with the person further back and Viola, giant frog​!
                        Like so many peeps do with their deer. Silly how bad it is sometimes.
                        This pic looks very photoshopped.

Comment

already a discussion thread on this from last week I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowsmack324 View Post
                            or even better--http://coolthingstobuyfor.com/fish-fingers/

Comment

So what's the world record frog weight?

Comment

Working...
                              X