Dallas Cowboys 2016 season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SunsUpGunsUp View Post
    This is why I'm glad some of yall aren't football coaches lol. Ask yourself why Witten and beasley have been open so much this year. Largely because of all the attention on dez. That catch he made to tie the game was an adjustment and catch that only a handful of players in the NFL can make.
    Are you kidding. Dez has not in the lineup. They have been open because the defense is stacking to stop the run.

Comment

Originally posted by quackerback View Post
      Are you kidding. Dez has not in the lineup. They have been open because the defense is stacking to stop the run.
      Dez was double covered on the touchdown that tied the game ??

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
        Dez was double covered on the touchdown that tied the game ??
        He will make an occasional catch but how many easy catches does he just flat out drop. He is paid more than the production he brings.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
          He got a lot of help from Philly, the coach did not do well at all, we should never have won that game. Dak did great in the last drive, the rest of the game was pretty bad.

****it Roge, I'm supposed to be in charge of doom and gloom!

He was off, and he saw a lot of new stuff...and survived it. I think Pederson knew his only chance was to send the house and force Dallas to keep Zeke, and later on kept Witten in to get all those guys blocked, and hope they could keep Dak from figuring it out for 4 quarters. And he did it pretty well.....for 4 quarters. As much as I hate to admit it, either Garrett or someone out coached him in OT.

And Collinsworth can say that Witten TD was due to "friendly fire" till he's blue in the face, but the fact is 82 made a veteran move to pancake that safety in the end zone by just stopping his route, and Dak kept the thing alive long enough to get the ball to him. Smart football by both guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Irish_25 View Post
            Only one QB I want to have the ball against teams like Giants and Eagles and down by 10 or so, and that's Romo provided he's healthy. Dak is looking great in preseason and looks like he can be a viable backup for a short time if needed. We need to pump the breaks on all the Dak should be starter nonsense.
            Haha,this! I hate the cowboys and have been hoping they put Romo back in the ruin the season. I am from Philly and was there last night for the heart break, but cowboys played terrible and just got lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
              Just speculation, but Dak's off night could have been the result of being cold after a buy week and/or (more likely) having Dez in the huddle crying about how they need to get him the ball all night long. The first time for Dak to have to deal with Dez was probably a bit distracting, I would imagine.
              It could have been or just facing the 5th best defense in the league and during a rivalry game.

And with all of those possible, the rookie got it together for three unanswered game winning scores in the 4th quarter and overtime. Talk about pressure for anyone, much less a two month rookie.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter Dan View Post
                Haha,this! I hate the cowboys and have been hoping they put Romo back in the ruin the season. I am from Philly and was there last night for the heart break, but cowboys played terrible and just got lucky.
                What evidence do you have that makes you think Romo would "ruin the season"? Please be specific. No general "he would throw an interception" statements. Facts and history.

People keep saying this but have said nothing to back it up.

Comment

Originally posted by hunter dan View Post
                  haha,this! I hate the cowboys and have been hoping they put romo back in the ruin the season. I am from philly and was there last night for the heart break, but cowboys played terrible and just got lucky.

[ATTACH]822428[/ATTACH]

Comment

You're right-the Cowboys didn't play well last night and STILL beat the Eagles. What does that tell you about the Eagles?

Comment

Originally posted by SunsUpGunsUp View Post
                      What evidence do you have that makes you think Romo would "ruin the season"? Please be specific. No general "he would throw an interception" statements. Facts and history.

People keep saying this but have said nothing to back it up.
                      He has for all of history chocked in anything that resembles a big game and gets hurt if a stiff wind knocks him over.

Comment

Originally posted by Montec man View Post
                        You're right-the Cowboys didn't play well last night and STILL beat the Eagles. What does that tell you about the Eagles?
                        Eagles played real bad as well I'll give you that.

Comment

Was impressed with their defense although I think Schwartz is a tool. I think the division will come down to Dallas and Philly.

Comment

Iggles fans....always good for a laugh, and very little else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

He has for all of history chocked in anything that resembles a big game and gets hurt if a stiff wind knocks him over.
                              Again, go back and show me where. I'm not saying he never threw an ill-timed interception, but if you'll do the research you'll see how great he has been in those same situations. Here are some facts about romo.

Third highest qb rating in nfl history
                              10th highest playoff qb rating in nfl history
                              Highest 4th quarter qb rating in nfl history
                              Fourth highest qb rating in nfl history in the last two minutes of games
                              More game winning drives than anyone in the span of his career
                              Since 2014 is 15-4 and leads the nfl in completion percentage, yards per attempt, and qb rating.
                              2013: 8-8 record with the third worst defense in nfl history

You also said he would "ruin the season". No one can defend that statement. Not even a Philly fan.

Comment

Romo has taking a beating and gotten right back up hit after hit throughout his career. The guy is tough as nails. Not many players play with broken backs or collar bones. Him getting hurt from a stiff wind is just one of many myths about a guy that's been a top 6 or 7 QB in the NFL for a decade.

Comment

Working...
                                X