DFW Area Sporting Clays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DFW Area Sporting Clays

I recently moved to the DFW area and am struggling to find a nice place to shoot clays. Can I get some recommendations? Currently living in west Plano and moving to Prosper in July so Prosper/Celina/Aubrey/Anna area would be ideal.

Elm Fork in Dallas, Defender Clays in Ft Worth, Dallas Gun Club(members only) Lonestar in GlenRose, Fossil Pointe in Decatur, Graystone Castle in Thurber west of Ft Worth. That's all I can think of.

Comment

Alpine on south side of Ft. Worth...

Comment

Arlington Sportsmans Club, SW of Mansfield.

Im a new member and the options and facilities are outstanding. They do lean heavy to trap/skeet/5 stand and sporting clays.

Also have archery and anywhere from concealed carry practice ranges up through 200yd range.

Comment

I’ve shot at Alpine and Elm Fork, both are nice. Haven’t been to Defender but their website makes it look nice

Comment

Fossil Pointe in Decatur is nice. Elm Creek in Dallas is nice as well. Neither are very close to where you will be

Comment

Elm Fork is a great course.

Comment

Originally posted by CrossTimbers View Post
                Elm Fork is a great course.
                What he said. I haven't been to the others to compare them but Elm Fork has a great setup

Comment

I enjoy shooting at Elm Fork

Comment

Defender outdoors clay ranch. Started by tbher Travis Mears.

Comment

Wow, those are a bit of a haul! Sounds like a market opportunity for a place closer to the 380 corridor. Thanks for the input

Comment

Mercedes has relaxed regulations on clay shooting

Comment

Originally posted by Agdog View Post
                          Wow, those are a bit of a haul! Sounds like a market opportunity for a place closer to the 380 corridor. Thanks for the input

There used to be one on 380 just past Crossroads near Little Elm but he sold his place to let them build houses on it. Outdoor something or other. Evidently the offer was more than he was making slinging clays

Comment

Originally posted by Farmdog View Post
                            Mercedes has relaxed regulations on clay shooting
                            Sounds like grandpa wants to see grandkid

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              There used to be one on 380 just past Crossroads near Little Elm but he sold his place to let them build houses on it. Outdoor something or other. Evidently the offer was more than he was making slinging clays

Good for nothing home builders...[emoji16]

Comment

Working...
                              X