Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need some ideas from the braintrust for my rattler mount...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some ideas from the braintrust for my rattler mount...

Some of you may recall Chrisgunguy & I took this large guy last year.

Taxi called & said the skin was ready & inquired as to how I wanted to mount it...also stated he forgot how good the skin was & may want to use it for competition depending how it ends up.

I'm Looking for some pics I can send him to get this started. It will most likely be a table mount of sorts. I'm not a fan of the open mouth / striking pose & taxi recommends showing the forked tongue. This taxi carves his own form for the head portion & know he will need some time. I'm just not sure what to do?? Was considering something along the lines of him smelling / finding lunch wondering by and intently zoning in on it??
    Attached Files

Not sure on the rattler, but I have let my taxi do whatever mount, maybe a new form, or one he thought would make the critter stand out on several of my whitetails and other critters! Great looking rattlebug, should make a great mount!

Comment

Go shoot yourself a big azz boar!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I only know of 2 of these in existence.
        Attached Files

Comment

Maybe do a mount with it striking at an escaping Quail.(IE:flying off)

Comment

Wrapped around an old boot, looking up and about to strike.

Comment

How big was that dude?

Comment

Originally posted by Greyman View Post
                Maybe do a mount with it striking at an escaping Quail.(IE:flying off)
                My dad mounted one like that once in an oak and glass coffee table, but the hen quail was posed in the “fake wounded” drooling wing as they do luring a predator from the nest

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                  I only know of 2 of these in existence.
                  Walker,

I cannot do that with the snake in the op obviously, but do have the 7'+ footer that killed my lab a few years ago still in the deep freeze I would LOVE to have someone tackle this task if you have any leads!!

Someone was telling me there was a member here that did this with the beetles & then glued the bones. I'm very interested if it can be done & no issues of bone integrity due to freezer time.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                    How big was that dude?
                    taxi said the skin hit 7' but I'm sure it stretched like they all do...the one still in the freezer that killed Scout was significantly larger & would make a killer skeletal mount!!

Comment

I hate snakes Period

Comment

PM sent Artos

Comment

Maybe going through a deer or cow skull?

- I don’t chase dreams, I HUNT goals

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                            Walker,

I cannot do that with the snake in the op obviously, but do have the 7'+ footer that killed my lab a few years ago still in the deep freeze I would LOVE to have someone tackle this task if you have any leads!!

Someone was telling me there was a member here that did this with the beetles & then glued the bones. I'm very interested if it can be done & no issues of bone integrity due to freezer time.

That as Walkers daughter if I remember correctly

Comment

You would obviously need a much larger antler, but if I ever kill a rattler worthy of mounting, I'm going to do something like this.

Click image for larger version

Name:	rattler.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	24531738

It could be wrapped into pretty much anything that you could hang on the wall.

You could also wrap it through a big skull (whitetail or cow), and have it put on a tabletop base with dirt and grass.

You don't carve the body for a mount like this, but if your guy knows snakes like you say he does, he knows how to do it.
                              Last edited by Texastaxi; 03-08-2018, 06:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X