Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need some ideas from the braintrust for my rattler mount...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Striking or just coiled and ready to strike. Like you said the mounts where they're coiled with their mouth open look ridiculous. Rattlesnakes never do that in real life. When I had my rattlesnake mounted there were only a few forms to choose from depending on the size. If you're wanting to show off the size of the snake I'd probably pick a crawling form.

Comment

I think that if youre not doing it coil/strike pose it would be awesome along or against a log or mesquite limb. Kind of a natural habitat mount.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisgunguy View Post
        I think that if youre not doing it coil/strike pose it would be awesome along or against a log or mesquite limb. Kind of a natural habitat mount.
        I agree. Or if he'll do it mounted like it's crawling but have the wood of your choose as the base. Stained and finished so it looks nice. I've seen a few done this way and it looks really cool.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
            I only know of 2 of these in existence.
            This one is a pig walker...

~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for the suggestions gang...keep them coming. I do plan on having the mount set with some native brush settings. Excellent colorations so want to go 1st class as much as I can.
            Last edited by Artos; 03-08-2018, 09:49 AM.

Comment

[ATTACH]899711[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
                [ATTACH]899711[/ATTACH]
                Ive seen this picture before but laugh and like it just as much every single time.

Comment

Heres one I did for a display in my taxidermy shop. to hold business cards. This snake actually rattles through a remote control. Snakes heasd was severely freezer burnt and shot, but came together

Comment

I think it would be cool to have two mounted like they're fighting.

Comment

I would be careful posting the picture of a Timber Rattler.

Comment

small copper line with one end capped and 1/16 holes drilled every inch inserted - cap end to wards snakes head..the length of the body and exit about 5 inches before rattles at bottom of snake.
                        coil into a strike pose and pin hole perforate snake to match tubing holes.
                        thread and crimp propane fitting on exit end of tubing.
                        thread propane hose to fitting and other end to 25lb tank.
                        Turn tank to 1/4 on.
                        Light snake.

Comment

Originally posted by 14JKURX View Post
                          I would be careful posting the picture of a Timber Rattler.

Timber’s are not protected in every state and have not been protected in Texas forever.

Comment

Working...
                          X