4" AAE vanes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4" AAE vanes

I put in an order yesterday for some red,white and blue vanes. I have been using Blazer vanes. I haven't had any real issues with the smaller vanes. I never had any issues with the 4" ones either. I have a hunt scheduled in Idaho this September and wanted something that would be highly visible and might look nice and I have been in a red,white and blue kick for a few months now. I had some carbon shafts made up for my longbow with this configuration and liked it. I again haven't had any issues with blazers even with Muzzy broadheads just wanted to go back with the longer ones. I will be getting the JoJan out and putting things together in a week or so.

Good luck. We've been having a hard time getting AAE's to stick. Hopefully it's just the shorter version with the issues.

Comment

I don't know if I have ever had that problem before. I usually use Loctite super glue. I have also used the glue that comes with the vanes. I clean the shafts also. What type of glue are you using?

Comment

Usually its the glue, but there could be some fault in manufacturing.

Comment

For the AAE vanes make sure you get the maxx pen. Then use loctite. I can take a pair of pliers and rip my vanes to shreds and they will never come off. Just do yourself a favor and get the maxx pen. Hope this helps

Comment

I use 4 inch AAE vanes also, I stub my shaft with boraxo and rinse, then wet a rag with gun scrubber and wipe the vane. Use blue lid gorilla glue, always buy a new bottle, if the old one has sat around for a while. And I haven't had any recent problems doing it this way.

Comment

Working...
            X