• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BowTech2010 View Post
    Kids
    Hahaha that's a great idea! Put then to work

Comment

Originally posted by axisbuck View Post
      My shoulder gets a work out every weekend. There was an idea of having a storage box near each stand and load it with a few 50lb bags of corn and shut it. When u ready to hunt, take it out of the box and hand-corn and hunt. This way you only haul once to load your storage box
      Or, get a 55-gal drum and set it on a pallet. Just make sure it has the locking ring-type lid on it. Could also split the sack into two 5-gal buckets to even out the load. Just be sure to have some good work gloves on.

Comment

A good frame pack would be ideal if you cannot use a wheeled cart in the mud you will be going through. It will keep you from constantly shifting the weight to keep your arms from falling asleep and it will keep your posture right so your back isn't on fire after the first 100 yards

Comment

For that distance get a pack with a good frame and pull the shoulder binds tight, then buckle you chest strap and waist strap for a couple of bags. Keep everything tight to your body and the rest is up to you. Had lots of experience at this!

Comment

Oh yeah, give em hell!!!

Comment

I've put 2 40lb sacks in my Badlands 2200 and walked over a mile. It was tough!

Comment

Thanks for all the info guys. I went ahead and ordered a game hauler because I have another feeder I can get about 50-60 yards from and it would be a lot easier to throw on 3-4 bags of corn and hike it over than it would be to keep hiking back and forth... Hopefully I'm able to drag it through the mud, luckily there is only about 20-30 yards of real bad stuff then it firms up some...

Comment

Originally posted by knighttime View Post
                  Thanks for all the info guys. I went ahead and ordered a game hauler because I have another feeder I can get about 50-60 yards from and it would be a lot easier to throw on 3-4 bags of corn and hike it over than it would be to keep hiking back and forth... Hopefully I'm able to drag it through the mud, luckily there is only about 20-30 yards of real bad stuff then it firms up some...
                  Maybe carry the sacks thru/across the bad place, put back on cart and proceed?

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntamistad View Post
                    A good pack or pack frame will get the job done and very quiet as well.
                    Yup.

And this is one of the best for the $ -

Comment

Originally posted by bassmatt72 View Post
                      Backpack and hiking/walking sticks.
                      This^^^^^

Store in a 55 gallon drum

Comment

A freighter pack frame would be what I would use. It has a fold down ledge on it for packing wood, meat etc. When I was younger, I could pack it quite aways with 100 pounds on it.

Comment

Working...
                        X