No announcement yet.

Hey Draco Shooting Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Understanding the physical limitations is definately important. This calculator might help you understand the decelleration and the subsequent increase in drop at various distances. An increase in drop that you are seeing seems reasonable at least to me.

Comment

Thanks SwampRabbit. Thats the same caluculator that Javi sent me.

At 30 yds the calculator shows me at 27 KE and .359 at MO

Deffinately am not planning on shootting farther than that.

Comment

Some thing else to remember is that elk are big, real big when you are close. Their size makes it harder to judge the shot. I look at the ground between me and the elk just before the shot as it seemed to help. Good luck and I so hope you kill one. Bob

Comment

Thanks Bob. I know that big moose target at Austin has fooled me a time or two.

I have a range finder and regardless if I am hunting with a recurve or a compound I plan to use it.

Comment

Originally posted by M.E.B. View Post
            Thanks Bob. I know that big moose target at Austin has fooled me a time or two.

I have a range finder and regardless if I am hunting with a recurve or a compound I plan to use it.

Hopefully, he will be so close, you won't need it!

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
              Hopefully, he will be so close, you won't need it!

Bisch
              I'm guessing you didn't need to range that bear that climbed up the tree with ya...

Comment

Working...
              X