Firstpoint pasture 13 help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firstpoint pasture 13 help

I talked with a buddy of mine that's is at the ranch now. We came to the conclusion that pasture lucky number 13 is probably going to be my home Wednesday when I arrive. This is one of the pastures I have been in but never hunted. Anyone got any tips on areas to look at. Any recent info. Help will be much appreciated.

Hey, Killem all! I am sorry that I have not been in touch lately. I have been working some crazy hours. I think that Rod has hunted #13. If you still need any help on #9 let me know. I will try to help you out. Have you heard if the bucks are chasing does? It was kinda slow when we were there.

Comment

Originally posted by Wade22 View Post
      Hey, Killem all! I am sorry that I have not been in touch lately. I have been working some crazy hours. I think that Rod has hunted #13. If you still need any help on #9 let me know. I will try to help you out. Have you heard if the bucks are chasing does? It was kinda slow when we were there.
      I was checking nine for a buddy. He is there now and set up. Ifyou have any suggestions let me know. I will pm rod about 13 thanks for getting back.

Comment

Originally posted by Killem all View Post
        I was checking nine for a buddy. He is there now and set up. Ifyou have any suggestions let me know. I will pm rod about 13 thanks for getting back.
        I hunted the pipeline road about halfways down on the right. The feeder that is near the hwy. would also be good to sit around in the am hunts. I would definately get out in the pasture early before Mike corns the roads. I had a feeder on my 4 wheeler and the deer know the sound. The doe I shot came out about 10 minutes after I got in the blind. After I shot, I stayed in the blind and more deer came out before Mike came by. In my opinion I would definately find some good trails that run parallel to the road and hunt them. The big deer I saw was doing this. Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Wade22 View Post
          I hunted the pipeline road about halfways down on the right. The feeder that is near the hwy. would also be good to sit around in the am hunts. I would definately get out in the pasture early before Mike corns the roads. I had a feeder on my 4 wheeler and the deer know the sound. The doe I shot came out about 10 minutes after I got in the blind. After I shot, I stayed in the blind and more deer came out before Mike came by. In my opinion I would definately find some good trails that run parallel to the road and hunt them. The big deer I saw was doing this. Good Luck!
          Did u see the big deer on the pipeline rd and where you on the N or S side of it.

Comment

I saw this one last year in 13 in mid December. Beautiful deer but the tines aren't too long. I have done a lot of second guessing on this one since that morning.

I also saw this young one in the same location. He might be a good one by now or by next year. If I remember correctly, it was very dry last year and they may have not had a good growing season. He had a fairly good looking body and but he wasn't a mature deer yet.

Comment

The deer in the second pics I believe is dead. Last year when I was down my group had a youngster and he shot him. He was also 3 1/2.. Do you have a area uthink I should look at.

Comment

The deer in the second pics I believe is dead. Last year when I was down my group had a youngster and he shot him. He was also 3 1/2.. Do you have a area uthink I should look at.
                Does your cell phone still end with 8302? I can call you if you have time.

Comment

Did u see the big deer on the pipeline rd and where you on the N or S side of it.
                  Yes on the pipeline road, and I was on the North side of it.

Comment

Getting excited. My hunt begins on the 10th. Never been there. What pastures are considered the best by all you guys experience.

Comment

Originally posted by tradtrails View Post
                      Getting excited. My hunt begins on the 10th. Never been there. What pastures are considered the best by all you guys experience.
                      I haven't disliked any. My favorite with the way I like to hun is 12 and 6. My least favorite is 11 but it's not bad it jus took me a while to learn it

Comment

Thanks, I guess I'll see you there.

Comment

Originally posted by tradtrails View Post
                          Thanks, I guess I'll see you there.
                          I look forward to it

Comment

Shayne, if u still need help on pasture 13 call me. I will be up awhile. I have hunted it twice. Tried to text u but it came back wrong number.
                            Gary-713-252-7411

Comment

I was there Tuesday through Saturday - not in rut yet

Comment

Working...
                              X