No announcement yet.

New Talk about Lincoln Ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Over all had a great week! Always good to see good guys like the Fregia brothers, Chris, Ruthunter , and all the rest. I ended up taking a 6 1/2 yr old 10 pnt. Cousin Jody took a cull 6pnt. Never had a shooter trophy buck in front of me. But I feel good about what's going on at the Ranch. Drought has really taken a toll on antler growth this yr. Really proud of all the guys passing on borderline bucks and concentrating on management type bucks, giving the rest of the bucks a chance to come back strong next yr, weather permitting. Wet Winter alone is gonna help! Not saying trophy bucks aren't beeing seen and unfortunately, some shot and lost! I thik everything still being green is also keeping the big boys in the brush and nocturnal as Gold and her bunch found out. There was a really good 9pnt in front of a guy one evening in the Front pasture. He hesitated too long and didn't get another chance. BJ Wagner took a really nice 8 out of the Windmill, weighed 180lbs. Going back in Jan. Hoping on a second rut and another freeze or 2 to bring out the big boys! Gold, next time tell the Yardmaster she can leave some leftovers in the fridge!!

Comment

Good hunting with all this year. Good luck in Jan., Rene. Good buck Wayne! Hopefully them horns will grow big next year. Let's give Chris a big thanks you for all of his hard work. I think that we should pass the hat for Chris and send him a tip! PM me if you want to attempt this. I have a plan to do so. Thanks!

Comment

A few of us were thinking bout planing a trip to try & get on a few hogs, do yal see alot of pigs ?

Comment

I went in October. I think the ranch is great, but if I go back, it will be in mid-Dec, or if it is earlier it will be for at least 5 to 6 days. The deer were in a feeding pattern, not moving much. Only one out of the 6 of us there saw a trophy buck (which he missed). If I go pre-rut again, I will bait several spots in different areas to start with, leaving cameras there hoping to land in one's living room, then hunt that spot.

Comment

rene what dates are you going back in jan.

Comment

Going Back?

Originally posted by wayne 20 View Post
              rene what dates are you going back in jan.
              Wayne, I'm going for the last 4 days of the season. I think it's 13th thru 17th?Last I checked there were still some openings? Come join us! Should be seeing the yrling does cycling and any that got missed first round!

Comment

[QUOTE=RedArrow;2129439]Wayne, I'm going for the last 4 days of the season. I think it's 13th thru 17th?Last I checked there were still some openings? Come join us! Should be seeing the yrling does cycling and any that got missed first round![/QUOTE Rene I would love to but I will have to check and see how green my money is in a few weeks thanks for the invite I look forward to hunting with yall every year in december and would love to start going in Jan. to

Comment

Good times fellas...some smart critters down there!

Gold, I passed on that tall 10 with the weak g2's the first night(N. Longhorn) I think he's 5.5, but not worth it as he was kinda bristled up and sometimes makes them look older...maybe I'll see him next year when he's 160 That wide 10 is going to be a stud next year...assuming it rains.

Wayne, Awesome 8! Especially considering the dry year(s)...
                  Last edited by bdog14; 01-07-2010, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Bdog14, thanks for passing on the tall 10! Maybe I'll get a chance at him next year.

I enjoy hunting at Lincoln ranch because of what you said "smart critters down there". Any deer taken from there is a trophy, cause they are very educated to bowhunters....

Comment

I might try this ranch out next year....have heard good things!

Comment

thans bdog14 i was proud of him

Comment

Working...
                        X