No announcement yet.

Krivoman Hunters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Might be a silly question,why not camo the inside and wear camo. So you don't need 2 sets of colored clothes. Thanks

Comment

Video still shot from feeder this weekend. Middle two windows are open two sides closed. You can catch a little glare from the setting sun on the left but other than that you can’t see in. There is two men inside, both in black.

Comment

Originally posted by Sofee View Post
        Might be a silly question,why not camo the inside and wear camo. So you don't need 2 sets of colored clothes. Thanks
        Dark camo is fine, dark green, grey, brown, just not light colors or white skin. Really even if you are sitting back in the blind and the sun is behind you colors don’t matter much.

Comment

So do you paint yours inside?

Comment

I don’t, I’ve never had an issue, that blind in pic is green inside just like the outside and it looks black.

Comment

I have my blinds set up that I only shoot out of one window. Covered the other windows w curtains. I have noticed the deer notice when one of the windows is open if they have been closed for long period of time. If I am going to be hunting a particular blind for quite a few sits I just leave the window open 24/7

Comment

I took a $4 black towel from walmart and cut it into 1/3's and rolled the top up in a wrap around lead decoy weight and zip tied the weight in place. I hang them on the top shelf part of the window frames covering up the windows I don't use to make it darker inside and use one folded up to make the shooting hole smaller! Make's a big difference IMO. It's black inside the blind now. I always hunt with just 1 window open.

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                  I took a $4 black towel from walmart and cut it into 1/3's and rolled the top up in a wrap around lead decoy weight and zip tied the weight in place. I hang them on the top shelf part of the window frames covering up the windows I don't use to make it darker inside and use one folded up to make the shooting hole smaller! Make's a big difference IMO. It's black inside the blind now. I always hunt with just 1 window open.

This sounds like a good idea. Think I will be doing this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thank you guys for all the input. I have some good ideas to try now. Anyone else post um up. Thanks again guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                      Pain the window black and keep it open when you are there and make sure and wear black and maybe paint the inside of the blind black. Keep the black hole in effect.
                      the inside of our blinds are grey and black. I try to wear grey or black or something dark when i hunt. works fine

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                        This, also only time you can tell if a window is open or closed is if you are facing the sun, it will highlight the green inside or who is in there. If sun is anywhere but straight in front windows look dark open or closed.
                        I believe this is true. Mine faces east and the deer tend to stare at the open window in the mornings much more than they do in the afternoon when the sun is behind me. I have the 3 window version and hunt with only the center one open. I have thought about leaving it closed until I want to shoot but I can't see getting away with that much movement with deer 15 yards away - especially if there are several sets of eyes. I have also thought about doing something to make it look the same open or closed - maybe painting the outside of the glass flat black is the answer.

Comment

wear dark clothes and be still and quiet. works every time.

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
                            I had the same experience you did when I first got mine. I put window screen on it and also painted the windows black. This has helped a bunch. I also covered the inside of mine with egg crate foam, more because of my kids kicking the walls, but you get the blackout effect.
                            Any pointers for applying the egg crate foam? Where did you buy it?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post

Thanks.
                              X2

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post

Thanks.
                                Originally posted by ballgame View Post
                                X2
                                We got the egg crate off of ebay. I'll see if I can find it. Quick search:

Originally, we used spray glue to attach it to the walls, bad idea, we got high and sticky but it didn't hold the crate to the walls very good, well, only for a week or so.

I ended up using plastics strips I got at Lowes's, they are over by the window screen or garage door parts, can't recall. I used some self tapping screws and just screwed the plastic to the wall, trapping the egg crate between the wall and the plastic strips.

We have wasps really bad in our area, if you do not seal the edges of the egg crate to the wall the wasps get back in there when its cool and then come out after it warms up, like in the morning when in you're in there trying to have a nice peaceful hunt...so, take it from me, you do not want to leave any space the wasps can crawl back between the egg crate and the walls...

Comment

Working...
                                X