Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 08-09-2016, 05:53 AM   #1
Bill M
Pope & Young

Default Naw, Supreme Court replacements aren't important

Go ahead and give the country to the dems so they can choose how the constitution is raped, eerrr I mean interpreted.

http://bigstory.ap.org/37b7b4a78b874cfe9136673f6cfbad72
Bill M is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-09-2016, 05:54 AM   #2
Hogmauler
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas

Im with ya bro. Things aren't looking too good.
Hogmauler is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-09-2016, 08:56 AM   #3
Hollywood
Ten Point

Hunt In: Lavaca, Live Oak, Duval

Time to wake the sheep, the wolf is at the door.
Time to put the BUTT HURT feelings on the shelf & show real support for the Republican candidates, this is problably our last chance in our lifetime.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-09-2016, 09:08 AM   #4
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Sterling County

The poll was obviously skewed if you look at the sampling data. Most people polled are from areas dominated by liberals and welfare maggots.

The poll of 1,940 adults age 18-30 was conducted July 9-20 using a sample drawn from the probability-based GenForward panel, which is designed to be representative of the U.S. young adult population. The margin of sampling error for all respondents is plus or minus 3.8 percentage points.

The survey was paid for by the Black Youth Project at the University of Chicago using grants from the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation and the Ford Foundation.

Respondents were first selected randomly using address-based sampling methods, and later interviewed online or by phone.
muzzlebrake is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-09-2016, 09:10 AM   #5
sir shovelhands
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill M View Post
Go ahead and give the country to the dems so they can choose how the constitution is raped, eerrr I mean interpreted.

http://bigstory.ap.org/37b7b4a78b874cfe9136673f6cfbad72
Lol at the views on guns on campus: "What if someone's not doing well in class or a family member dies? What's to stop them from pulling out a gun and shooting the teacher or people in class?" she said. "You just have so many different emotions and types of people you go to school with."

Yeah, if schools like columbine, sandy hook, and Virginia Tech had been gun free zones, those shootings never would've happened...

sir shovelhands is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-09-2016, 09:20 AM   #6
DJM
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mills Co,Coryell Co,Lampasas Co

To bad they're not given factual information prior to survey.Of course no need to confuse things with facts.

DJ
DJM is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-09-2016, 04:18 PM   #7
Slow&Steady
Six Point

Hunt In: Whatever public land I can find game on.

Sorry, I don't trust Trump's ability to nominate solid people to the SCOTUS either. Go back and take a look at the people he's said he admired and thought were "really good". There is absolutely no consistency there. You might as well throw darts at a board.

Let me go ahead and address the first response before it happens. "I'd rather roll the dice than take a guaranteed loss" right? I would say that any time you are willing to put one toxic person in the leader's seat to avoid another, YOU SIR are acting as a poor steward of our nation and our founding documents anyway. That very behavior is how the two major parties have collected so much power, and the more power they have collected, the worse the candidates have gotten. Holding your nose to bite the poo sandwich only serves to let them know that you are perfectly willing to eat it given the right circumstances.
Slow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-09-2016, 04:30 PM   #8
Traildust
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Green Screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow&Steady View Post
Sorry, I don't trust Trump's ability to nominate solid people to the SCOTUS either. Go back and take a look at the people he's said he admired and thought were "really good". There is absolutely no consistency there. You might as well throw darts at a board.

Let me go ahead and address the first response before it happens. "I'd rather roll the dice than take a guaranteed loss" right? I would say that any time you are willing to put one toxic person in the leader's seat to avoid another, YOU SIR are acting as a poor steward of our nation and our founding documents anyway. That very behavior is how the two major parties have collected so much power, and the more power they have collected, the worse the candidates have gotten. Holding your nose to bite the poo sandwich only serves to let them know that you are perfectly willing to eat it given the right circumstances.
You'd rather Hillary make that selection? No need to say anything else!
Traildust is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-09-2016, 05:01 PM   #9
ldoyle
Eight Point

Hunt In: SW Colorado , Utopia Texas , Leaky Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traildust View Post
You'd rather Hillary make that selection? No need to say anything else!
ldoyle is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-09-2016, 05:47 PM   #10
bowstalker210
Six Point

Hunt In: Anywher

The more important issue is the Senate. We keep hearing about how electing Trump is the only way to make sure we don't get a liberal justice but crickets about how to keep a majority in the Senate. Dems have noticed this and are kicking butt in getting the majority back. We're screwed whoever gets in the White House. Trump will fold with a Dem majority Senate and god knows what Clinton would do if she gets elected and a majority.
bowstalker210 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-09-2016, 06:21 PM   #11
Artos
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Deep South TX

Quote:
Sorry, I don't trust Trump's ability to nominate solid people to the SCOTUS either.

Let me go ahead and address the first response before it happens. "I'd rather roll the dice than take a guaranteed loss" right? .
WRONG...why don't you tell me about all the great choices Hillary will be making over Trump's since this is essentially your thought process.

If you REALLY think Trump will pick judges to dismantle the 2nd amendment & other issues to tear apart our constitution over what the witch has plans for (we all know), please prove your point his will be worse.

This is truly amazing!! Funny how people will trash trump with no data to back it up, while ignoring the abhorrent leadership & future we know will be coming.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-09-2016, 08:53 PM   #12
Slow&Steady
Six Point

It's so funny how this election has pulled people to the most extreme positions. One can't even suggest that Trump is not infallible and ordained by God without being labeled a Clinton supporter and flaming liberal. Let me break this down for you. I can't stand Clinton. Worst. Person. Ever. No dispute there. I've voted Republican my entire life, not that I really need to defend my political beliefs, but there you have it. I also stepped up and put my tail on the line in service to my country, serving in the Army from 01-07, so now you know how I feel about my country, the constitution, and the bill of rights.

Now that that is established, I'd like to clarify that I think both parties suck out loud right now. We should be able to say that. They should be able to hear it. I am protesting by voting third party. I feel that if I continue to vote for a party that is more unhinged (both fit the bill) each election, they'll consider my vote an endorsement of their current course. Vote for Trump all you want. It's your vote to cast. I'll do with mine as I darned well please. I don't think Texas is likely to go blue, and I don't think Trump is has a snowball's chance. If Clinton can't win outright, she's more than capable of rigging it. Rest assured that unless you live in Florida, Pennsylvania, or Ohio, your vote isn't really going to impact this election. I've already come to terms with the fact that there is no savior in this election and that our country desperately needs to hit the reset button, so at the end of the day, I'm not going to cry over which of these psychos wins. I'd rather spend my energy trying to get people to stop defending the people who are stripping away their liberties and hard earned money simply because they belong to a certain party (whichever it may be). If this election were between Reagan and Kennedy or Teddy Roosevelt and Lincoln, we wouldn't be having this discussion. All of these men had different views, but all sought to leave the country better than they found it. Do you honestly believe either of these two belong is such company?

Last edited by Slow&Steady; 08-09-2016 at 08:57 PM..
Old 08-09-2016, 09:03 PM   #13
DaveS903
Pope & Young

Hunt In: All over

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
If you REALLY think Trump will pick judges to dismantle the 2nd amendment & other issues to tear apart our constitution over what the witch has plans for (we all know), please prove your point his will be worse.
The problem is there is no telling who he will pick for anything. How does Justice Ivanka sound to you? Or maybe Secretary of State The Rock. I really really really want to believe...but he scares me.
DaveS903 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-09-2016, 09:15 PM   #14
Ironman
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Anywhere

Quote:
It's so funny how this election has pulled people to the most extreme positions. One can't even suggest that Trump is not infallible and ordained by God without being labeled a Clinton supporter and flaming liberal. Let me break this down for you. I can't stand Clinton. Worst. Person. Ever. No dispute there. I've voted Republican my entire life, not that I really need to defend my political beliefs, but there you have it. I also stepped up and put my tail on the line in service to my country, serving in the Army from 01-07, so now you know how I feel about my country, the constitution, and the bill of rights.

Now that that is established, I'd like to clarify that I think both parties suck out loud right now. We should be able to say that. They should be able to hear it. I am protesting by voting third party. I feel that if I continue to vote for a party that is more unhinged (both fit the bill) each election, they'll consider my vote an endorsement of their current course. Vote for Trump all you want. It's your vote to cast. I'll do with mine as I darned well please. I don't think Texas is likely to go blue, and I don't think Trump is has a snowball's chance. If Clinton can't win outright, she's more than capable of rigging it. Rest assured that unless you live in Florida, Pennsylvania, or Ohio, your vote isn't really going to impact this election. I've already come to terms with the fact that there is no savior in this election and that our country desperately needs to hit the reset button, so at the end of the day, I'm not going to cry over which of these psychos wins. I'd rather spend my energy trying to get people to stop defending the people who are stripping away their liberties and hard earned money simply because they belong to a certain party (whichever it may be). If this election were between Reagan and Kennedy or Teddy Roosevelt and Lincoln, we wouldn't be having this discussion. All of these men had different views, but all sought to leave the country better than they found it. Do you honestly believe either of these two belong is such company?
Well said!
Ironman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-09-2016, 09:15 PM   #15
Slow&Steady
Six Point

You guys also need to remember that SCOTUS doesn't defend the second amendment. We the People do, by employing the second amendment itself. The very purpose of it is clear. It was written to empower the people to throw off the yoke of tyrannical government. WE defend it. Geez. Everyone wants to be a patriot until it's time to do patriot stuff.
Old 08-09-2016, 09:42 PM   #16
Artos
Pope & Young

You are wrong if you do not thing the scotus has stroke without coming to another revolution, which could indeed get ugly with the clinton appointees...it's not rocket science. We almost lost the DC & Chicago rulings recently which address the very right of what the 2nd means.

We are on the same page, the two party system has failed us, both parties & candidates suck. Period.

However, you still are not addressing the fact that we know the disastrous path coming our way with clinton & scotus decisions...to really think trump would pick the same caliber of judges is purely delusional on your part imo. Do we know? Nope, but we do know his rhetoric in terms of gun rights is way more inline with how we both think when comparing them to the direction we both acknowledge clinton will take. She is evil, broken laws & has a history worthy of putting all our efforts to keeping her from getting back in the whitehouse. This simple fact of her misdeeds alone is enough to focus your efforts and energy. I'm tired of folks dismissing the lesser of evils when the facts clearly show us, this is what we are gonna get.

I am not willing to let folks state that trump is anywhere near the same caliber of evil compared to that wicked woman. It's not debatable...we have to pray trump beats her for this one scotus issue alone. There is way too much at stake. He cannot pick worse judges than those we know she is salivating to nominate.
Old 08-09-2016, 10:12 PM   #17
Slow&Steady
Six Point

Which Donald Trump are you referring to? The one who was for banning "assault weapons" and implementing a mandatory 72 hour waiting period, or the one telling everyone what they want to hear to get elected? Google it.

If evil is a sliding scale, he's certainly not out on the very end with Hillary, but that doesn't exacltly make him harmless. I know the dangers of Clinton, but I don't care. Given the trajectory of the nation, we are going to have to fight that fight sooner or later. Let it be in my time, so my children will not have to fight. Donald Trump is certainly not the one to turn the country around and bring it back from the brink. We are sitting like children stalling a spanking. Let's take our licks, learn our lessons and correct ourselves rather than stalling and prattling on while digging the hole deeper.
Old 08-09-2016, 10:40 PM   #18
Artos
Pope & Young

I'm trying to get you to focus not on the flopping don, but at least sorta acknowledge the OP of this thread. Seems EVERYTHING posted about how awful Hillary is it always goes back to Trump'?? I don't get it. Hillary will appoint anti gun judges but we end up debating about who trump may appoint. It's like we agree Hillary is worse, but we gotta talk about Trump's lesser side cuz it's more interesting?? What about the elephant in the room.

anyway...since you asked; I'm praying for the Trump who met with the NRA to discuss what his stance should be if they are going to put their name behind the multi million count membership, which I really think this politician will hold his word to in regards to scotus appointees.

I'm all with you on taking up the fight, but I will not dismiss or dilute the fact clinton will take us down the very road you keep referring to & paving the road with her scotus contractors. I do not see trump doing this.

Appreciate you posts but no reason to continue...tx will go red & this should be discussed with voters in OH, PA, FL and CO.
Old 08-09-2016, 10:57 PM   #19
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Time to wake the sheep, the wolf is at the door.
Time to put the BUTT HURT feelings on the shelf & show real support for the Republican candidates, this is problably our last chance in our lifetime.
You sure got that right... How folks cant see this is beyond me.. Must be a ego thing.
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-10-2016, 06:45 AM   #20
Bill M
Pope & Young

Quote:
I'm trying to get you to focus not on the flopping don, but at least sorta acknowledge the OP of this thread. Seems EVERYTHING posted about how awful Hillary is it always goes back to Trump'?? I don't get it. Hillary will appoint anti gun judges but we end up debating about who trump may appoint. It's like we agree Hillary is worse, but we gotta talk about Trump's lesser side cuz it's more interesting?? What about the elephant in the room.

anyway...since you asked; I'm praying for the Trump who met with the NRA to discuss what his stance should be if they are going to put their name behind the multi million count membership, which I really think this politician will hold his word to in regards to scotus appointees.

I'm all with you on taking up the fight, but I will not dismiss or dilute the fact clinton will take us down the very road you keep referring to & paving the road with her scotus contractors. I do not see trump doing this.

Appreciate you posts but no reason to continue...tx will go red & this should be discussed with voters in OH, PA, FL and CO.
Agree Paul.

My point to the thread isn't the poll itself but the fact that sheeple are being fed and they are eating which in turn will cause anti's to be elected that can totally change the America I grew up in. It already has so much in my almost 63 years on this earth. But by all means concentrate on how and where the poll was taken and that will make everything ok.
Bill M is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-10-2016, 07:20 AM   #21
Joshua Flournoy
Ten Point

Quote:
WRONG...why don't you tell me about all the great choices Hillary will be making over Trump's since this is essentially your thought process.

This is truly amazing!! Funny how people will trash trump with no data to back it up, while ignoring the abhorrent leadership & future we know will be coming.
Still with that "Trump is a blank slate" argument, huh?

Where is that picture of the ostrich with his head in the sand when you need it....
Joshua Flournoy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-10-2016, 08:25 AM   #22
Traildust
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Green Screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Flournoy View Post
Still with that "Trump is a blank slate" argument, huh?

Where is that picture of the ostrich with his head in the sand when you need it....
Is this what you're needing JFlo?
Attached Images

Traildust is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-10-2016, 09:15 AM   #23
Artos
Pope & Young

Good grief Josh he has the backing of the NRA...if you think hillary is the better choice too protect our gun rights vs the other candidate who can get elected, I think I gotta very good grasp of where your noggin is currently located.
Old 08-10-2016, 05:50 PM   #24
Joshua Flournoy
Ten Point

Quote:
Good grief Josh he has the backing of the NRA...if you think hillary is the better choice too protect our gun rights vs the other candidate who can get elected, I think I gotta very good grasp of where your noggin is currently located.
So did Harry Reid. And other Democrats.
Joshua Flournoy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top