Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 11-29-2016, 11:24 PM   #3951
TWarren
Spike

Hunt In: Rolling Plains/East Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas Wildlife View Post
If the Saudi's had flooded the world market on cars, electronics, beef, heck anything else with the stated intent of running OUR BUSINESSES INTO THE GROUND, we would have objected. But with Oflappahisjaws in the White House it was ignored. They declared economic WAR against a major part of our national economy and we did NOTHING!

We sell them military products at reduced prices, provide security for them in the Arabic Gulf, and keep the worthless camel humpers in power. All so they can thumb their noses at us and use their oil as an economic weapon. I really don't care what Trump does as long as it hurts them. Keep telling me about those "good Arabs". Yeah, what about that Somali refugee that tried to kill all the tOSU students? Roast me all you want. I hate Islamic terrorists and that means MUSLIMS!
Get over yourself, dude.
TWarren is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-30-2016, 02:24 AM   #3952
tkuehn5410
Ten Point

Hunt In: Crosby, Dickens

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWarren View Post
Get over yourself, dude.
I really feel TejasWildlife's post holds a lot of merit, and I must say I agree wholeheartedly with his logic. Unfortunately, you'll never hear anything like that on CNN or MSN, because it goes against their penultimate goals.
tkuehn5410 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-30-2016, 07:54 AM   #3953
BrokenJ
Eight Point

I'm not in oil field but I can see a noticeable change in the Kenedy Karnes county area. The gas stations are filling up at 5:45, and the morning traffic is getting busy. Hope it keeps getting better for Yal.
BrokenJ is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-30-2016, 07:59 AM   #3954
miket
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Grimes County, Victoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas Wildlife View Post
If the Saudi's had flooded the world market on cars, electronics, beef, heck anything else with the stated intent of running OUR BUSINESSES INTO THE GROUND, we would have objected. But with Oflappahisjaws in the White House it was ignored. They declared economic WAR against a major part of our national economy and we did NOTHING!

We sell them military products at reduced prices, provide security for them in the Arabic Gulf, and keep the worthless camel humpers in power. All so they can thumb their noses at us and use their oil as an economic weapon. I really don't care what Trump does as long as it hurts them. Keep telling me about those "good Arabs". Yeah, what about that Somali refugee that tried to kill all the tOSU students? Roast me all you want. I hate Islamic terrorists and that means MUSLIMS!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkuehn5410 View Post
I really feel TejasWildlife's post holds a lot of merit, and I must say I agree wholeheartedly with his logic. Unfortunately, you'll never hear anything like that on CNN or MSN, because it goes against their penultimate goals.
Yep. Now they are whining that iran, russia and iraq are playing the same game ( but for financial reasons ) they were and THATS JUST WRONG. The Saudis have over leveraged their only asset and now its backfiring.
miket is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-07-2016, 02:51 PM   #3955
JMB
Four Point

Hunt In: South Texas

Anybody seeing a turnaround in sight? We do work for Chesapeake and I heard from one of the Co. Man that they are pulling out three more rigs in the Eagleford. Doing some work for 2 right now on the Countiss lease between Tilden and Jourdanton on Hwy 16. Looks like we may be picking up another rig for Murphy out around Karnes. Anybody else picking up?
JMB is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-07-2016, 02:56 PM   #3956
LWR2
Ten Point

Hunt In: Sonora, Bandera

I know Baker Hughes # of rigs are up from 3rd Quarter and I would expect that to continue.

LWR2
LWR2 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-07-2016, 03:00 PM   #3957
txoutdoorsman24
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Kimble & Fayette county. Hopefully Oklahoma soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMB View Post
Anybody seeing a turnaround in sight? We do work for Chesapeake and I heard from one of the Co. Man that they are pulling out three more rigs in the Eagleford. Doing some work for 2 right now on the Countiss lease between Tilden and Jourdanton on Hwy 16. Looks like we may be picking up another rig for Murphy out around Karnes. Anybody else picking up?
Yes. North Texas and Oklahoma is picking up quite a bit right now. January we are looking at 6 rigs for several of the companies I do work for. I hope they pick up 20 a month!!!!!!
txoutdoorsman24 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-07-2016, 03:04 PM   #3958
JMB
Four Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
Yes. North Texas and Oklahoma is picking up quite a bit right now. January we are looking at 6 rigs for several of the companies I do work for. I hope they pick up 20 a month!!!!!!
lol yea I hear ya. Our West Texas location is slammed right now. Had a conference call this morning and they have 21 jobs on the board between today and Sunday.
Old 12-07-2016, 03:10 PM   #3959
Hoyt_82
Four Point

Hunt In: Tyler County, Waller County, OK, AL, LA

Dang....this post is still going. By the grace of God, I'm still at my company. I had to take an office position to stay so my offshore days are over for now. We've had five rounds of layoffs and are now about 60% less staffed than we were in 2014. Scary times. I hear the Permian Basin is kicking up...hopefully the dirt drilling boys don't flood the market.
Hoyt_82 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-07-2016, 03:27 PM   #3960
WItoTX
Eight Point

Hunt In: Wisconsin

My better half said yesterday and today they had another round of layoffs, but this one is planned to be the last. I am ready for $100 oil, got a lot of retirement money riding on it.

Glad to hear upstream is picking up.
WItoTX is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-07-2016, 03:32 PM   #3961
bphillips
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Schleicher, Tom Green Co.

Quote:
I believe it's coming. 2nd quarter '17 I'm hoping will be good enough to put some numbers of people back to work. Out here in west Texas it's slowly picking up for sure
bphillips is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-07-2016, 03:34 PM   #3962
RLUM
Four Point

Hunt In: Montgomery, Walker, Leon and Kimble counties. RSA

I went back to work the end of October and got offers from two other directional companies within a week of signing my offer letter, so I hope this is a trend for everyone else. I also heard from a buddy that H&P signed contracts to bring 30 rigs out of the yard.
RLUM is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-07-2016, 03:34 PM   #3963
Hoyt_82
Four Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bphillips View Post
I believe it's coming. 2nd quarter '17 I'm hoping will be good enough to put some numbers of people back to work. Out here in west Texas it's slowly picking up for sure
My company is saying Q3 2017. I work with Shell and I know they have a huge new project in the gulf kicking off in 2018.
Old 12-07-2016, 03:43 PM   #3964
JMB
Four Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLUM View Post
I went back to work the end of October and got offers from two other directional companies within a week of signing my offer letter, so I hope this is a trend for everyone else. I also heard from a buddy that H&P signed contracts to bring 30 rigs out of the yard.
I heard the same. I heard they are bringing 38 rigs out. 12 are going to West Texas, 3 are heading to the Brownsville area and the rest in the Eagleford.
Old 12-07-2016, 03:46 PM   #3965
Rage em
Ten Point

Hunt In: Tom Green Co, East Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoyt_82 View Post
My company is saying Q3 2017. I work with Shell and I know they have a huge new project in the gulf kicking off in 2018.
^^^^ I have been hearing the same.
Rage em is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-07-2016, 03:47 PM   #3966
Smithwr
Ten Point

Hunt In: Vernon TX

Lots of compressors and other related equipment up and down 20 in the last few weeks.
Smithwr is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-07-2016, 03:50 PM   #3967
bphillips
Pope & Young

Quote:
I've heard the same on H&P.. I'm thinking it won't be long before there is a shortage of hands out here either. A buddy of mine said Patterson called 160 guys to come back on their first try and only 22 wanted to come back to work in the field.
Old 12-07-2016, 03:50 PM   #3968
bphillips
Pope & Young

Quote:
Overall or offshore?
Old 12-07-2016, 03:52 PM   #3969
gingib
Pope & Young

Hunt In: NTX

Quote:
I've heard the same on H&P.. I'm thinking it won't be long before there is a shortage of hands out here either. A buddy of mine said Patterson called 160 guys to come back on their first try and only 22 wanted to come back to work in the field.
Some people finally decided the ups and downs and tear on a family isn't worth it.

I know my better half decided the same thing, but the patch is pulling hard on her with several offers.
gingib is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-07-2016, 03:54 PM   #3970
Hoyt_82
Four Point

Quote:
Overall or offshore?
Well, offshore. Upstream is picking up now...should be blowing and going early next year.
Old 12-07-2016, 03:55 PM   #3971
Hoyt_82
Four Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingib View Post
Some people finally decided the ups and downs and tear on a family isn't worth it.

I know my better half decided the same thing, but the patch is pulling hard on her with several offers.
I don't have a family and I'm tired of it. This is my second rodeo with the O&G fallout. Going back to school to try to get in to something else.
Old 12-07-2016, 04:07 PM   #3972
bphillips
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingib View Post

It will be worth it to lots them when wages come back.
Old 12-07-2016, 04:10 PM   #3973
bphillips
Pope & Young

Quote:
Well, offshore. Upstream is picking up now...should be blowing and going early next year.
Yea I think there will be lots of new land rigs up and running by summer
Old 12-07-2016, 04:12 PM   #3974
txoutdoorsman24
Pope & Young

Quote:
lol yea I hear ya. Our West Texas location is slammed right now. Had a conference call this morning and they have 21 jobs on the board between today and Sunday.
Yea, our West Tx shop is so behind it ain't even funny. Up here in OK, I am slowly getting more and more everyday seems. Just like everyone else, we will be looking for hands. SOON
Old 12-07-2016, 06:26 PM   #3975
160class
Ten Point

Hunt In: Catarina, TX

Was talking to a buddy yesterday that works for a pipeline company. He's down on 133 and he said 5 rigs were being put up in the Catarina area this week
160class is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-07-2016, 06:39 PM   #3976
Artos
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Deep South TX

I'm seeing a little uptick...on the NG side. Word is Q1-Q2 & seems to be falling into place as I've had some idle engines & compressors come back online to help push more gas.

Not sure why of the consensus but will take it...right around the corner. Now to the LNG's up & running. THIS will really turn deep S. TX around.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-07-2016, 10:29 PM   #3977
Duke1227
Four Point

Hunt In: Blanket Tx.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KR-oldmexico View Post
Hell just sell me that Camero! Then I'll quit spending.
That Camero would look good with them hog dogs in it, or pig!!!!
Duke1227 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-08-2016, 08:13 AM   #3978
Kodiakk
Ten Point

Hunt In: Sabine and where ever else I can.

Work with my company has picked up in the field. Hasn't filter back to the shop yet, but at least there's some light at the end of the tunnel maybe.
Kodiakk is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-08-2016, 03:33 PM   #3979
KR-oldmexico
Pope & Young

Hunt In: South Texas & Old Mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke1227 View Post
That Camero would look good with them hog dogs in it, or pig!!!!

Yep! Now I can't afford the Camero!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KR-oldmexico is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-08-2016, 03:53 PM   #3980
12RingKing
Ten Point

Hunt In: The Grocery Store...

Glad things are on the rise for y'all. Need to find a happy medium and go from there, say $75 a barrel?
12RingKing is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-08-2016, 04:08 PM   #3981
bphillips
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12RingKing View Post
Glad things are on the rise for y'all. Need to find a happy medium and go from there, say $75 a barrel?
Works for me
Old 12-09-2016, 01:06 PM   #3982
bowtechbandit
Eight Point

Hunt In: NE texas public land junkie, kansas, Missouri,

our phones have been ringing off the hook. quoting lots of equipment. I think it will be quite busy after the first of the year.
bowtechbandit is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-09-2016, 01:08 PM   #3983
Mike Javi Cooper
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtechbandit View Post
our phones have been ringing off the hook. quoting lots of equipment. I think it will be quite busy after the first of the year.
Quoting a good bit of oilfield related machining too... Hope it takes off...
Mike Javi Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-09-2016, 01:30 PM   #3984
bloodstick
Ten Point

Hunt In: All over Texas

Working for a rental company, we have been hit pretty hard this go around.
I desperately want all of us to go back to work soon but dont you think this instant uptick that is based purely off of speculation, might not be a good sign?
What happens when everybody and their brother is drilling again? Wont we wind up in the same boat once the Saudis decide that we are taking too much of the market again?
We all have alot riding on this. I'm not sure what to think though. I love the oil industry and have been here for my entire adult life with the same company. But my gut is telling me to look elsewhere for work. I would have a hard time going back to school with a wife and 2 year old at home.
bloodstick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-09-2016, 01:38 PM   #3985
Tbar
Ten Point

Seasons Greetings from the patch............

Tbar is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-09-2016, 05:42 PM   #3986
bphillips
Pope & Young

Any of y'all get in on some of the unpaid overtime claims? Couple guys I worked with at another company got in and after lawyers collected their share they still cleared around $20k a piece. These were salary plus day rate jobs.
Old 12-09-2016, 05:44 PM   #3987
txoutdoorsman24
Pope & Young

Quote:
Any of y'all get in on some of the unpaid overtime claims? Couple guys I worked with at another company got in and after lawyers collected their share they still cleared around $20k a piece. These were salary plus day rate jobs.
yep. Haven't been paid yet but got the letter couple months ago
Old 12-09-2016, 05:48 PM   #3988
bphillips
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
yep. Haven't been paid yet but got the letter couple months ago
They got a good amount. I stood to get more I just couldn't make myself join.
Old 12-09-2016, 05:53 PM   #3989
mudmauler
Six Point

Hunt In: Concepcion, Tx

mudmauler is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-09-2016, 05:56 PM   #3990
RLUM
Four Point

Quote:
They got a good amount. I stood to get more I just couldn't make myself join.
I got a letter from the attorney and told them to pound sand, then I got laid off and wish I would have got in on it. Oh well.
Old 12-09-2016, 06:02 PM   #3991
bphillips
Pope & Young

Quote:
I got a letter from the attorney and told them to pound sand, then I got laid off and wish I would have got in on it. Oh well.
Even knowing now I wouldn't change it. It makes the lawyers rich that's it. I agreed to my pay and the way it was structured before my first day. I just hope it doesn't cause all of us to go hourly because we will make less in the end
Old 12-09-2016, 06:10 PM   #3992
BowOnly81
Pope & Young

Hunt In: SHNF

Quote:
Even knowing now I wouldn't change it. It makes the lawyers rich that's it. I agreed to my pay and the way it was structured before my first day. I just hope it doesn't cause all of us to go hourly because we will make less in the end
Yep! We're going hourly in January. It's bull crap!
BowOnly81 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-09-2016, 06:13 PM   #3993
KR-oldmexico
Pope & Young

Hunt In: South Texas & Old Mexico

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowOnly81 View Post

Just more of the current liberal arse government getting involved and hurting all the companies taking the risk and providing jobs! All a bunch of BS and it will cause pay and rate changes will all companies!!!

KR-oldmexico is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-09-2016, 06:22 PM   #3994
Grumpy1911
Eight Point

Hunt In: Louisiana/South Texas

Quote:

This.

Grumpy1911 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-09-2016, 06:31 PM   #3995
bphillips
Pope & Young

Quote:
We haven't YET

Actually last company I was with had to pay the settlement and only moved their MWDs hourly but kept DDs on day rates. Not sure what they're doing to keep it going after already having to pay a settlement but I guess they found a way. Maybe that's why my current company has kept us? We met with lawyers to give our take on the whole way it's setup already.

I understand if you're hourly and not getting your overtime but it's screwing salary/day rate guys
Old 12-09-2016, 06:40 PM   #3996
RustyRanchero
Ten Point

I have several compressor stations I take care of in the pecos, pyote and monahans area and the drilling is going CRAZY!
RustyRanchero is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-09-2016, 09:08 PM   #3997
txoutdoorsman24
Pope & Young

Quote:
We went hourly back in the middle of the summer. July I think. To say it sucked is an understatement. The rates they gave us were so bad that we would just sit around and purposely try to get laid off or fired. After a few weeks of the loss in employee production, the company re-evaluated our rates and made an increase but still not good enough.
Old 12-09-2016, 09:36 PM   #3998
Headhunter
Six Point

Hunt In: LaSalle Co

I refused the settlement with the DD company I worked with. It was hard but at the same time I signed and agreed the wages I signed on when hired. We went hourly and they fixed it to where we basically get paid the same, I actually made more until our last pay cut across board. That one did hurt pretty bad. Haha. All mWDs are hourly but on The DD side we have hourly or contract. Really thinking of going contract when wages get back up when they get close to pre slow down. It is nice not worrying about taxes as an employee. We shall see.
Headhunter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-09-2016, 09:41 PM   #3999
bphillips
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headhunter View Post
I refused the settlement with the DD company I worked with. It was hard but at the same time I signed and agreed the wages I signed on when hired. We went hourly and they fixed it to where we basically get paid the same, I actually made more until our last pay cut across board. That one did hurt pretty bad. Haha. All mWDs are hourly but on The DD side we have hourly or contract. Really thinking of going contract when wages get back up when they get close to pre slow down. It is nice not worrying about taxes as an employee. We shall see.
Hourly is ok as long as you stay busy but any slow times it's terrible unless they give you guaranteed hours each week. I've heard some are doing that to replace the salary.
Old 12-09-2016, 09:42 PM   #4000
RLUM
Four Point

Quote:
I hear ya. I have been hourly for 3 years now and I hate it until I have a 20 hr work day.