Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2016, 12:09 PM   #3551
kyle1974
Pope & Young
 
kyle1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: The Bluff, America
Hunt In: McMullen / Refugio
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
That is a tricky questions but I would say yes it is heading that way. There is a delay of the results of lower oil prices. It typically takes 6-8 months of savings at the pump to show up as "spendable" savings in people's accounts before they will let go of said money. So we are just getting to the 6-8 month range now. To back that up housing in Texas is at all time high and auto is close. Retail has been lagging for the last year and that one still stumps me as to why. Unemployment in Texas is down. I know mining(which covers oil) is down 20% all other categories are up year to date and this time last year.
The decline in oil prices started in the last quarter of 2014, and were fully depressed since the summer of 2015. 6-8 months has been in the rear view mirror for 6 months.
kyle1974 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2016, 12:10 PM   #3552
Take Dead Aim
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Leander
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragin' View Post
Wait. "Heading" that way. Now you've said its already doing good. So which direction are you wanting to go? Pick one and stick with it.
Its semantics. See post above. There is definitely a delay.
Take Dead Aim is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2016, 12:12 PM   #3553
Take Dead Aim
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Leander
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle1974 View Post
The decline in oil prices started in the last quarter of 2014, and were fully depressed since the summer of 2015. 6-8 months has been in the rear view mirror for 6 months.
Should have been more clear in my statement. From the "bottom".
Take Dead Aim is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2016, 12:12 PM   #3554
JW
Banned!!!
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montgomery, Texas
Hunt In: Texas, Oklahoma, Kentucky
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
Its semantics. See post below. There is definitely a delay.


So you're retracting your statement that the economy "is" booming.
JW is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2016, 12:15 PM   #3555
Take Dead Aim
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Leander
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragin' View Post
So you're retracting your statement that the economy "is" booming.
Not at all and never said booming. If is growing in a positive direction and not 1980's over again like many said.
Take Dead Aim is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2016, 12:18 PM   #3556
JW
Banned!!!
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montgomery, Texas
Hunt In: Texas, Oklahoma, Kentucky
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
Not at all and never said booming. If is growing in a positive direction and not 1980's over again like many said.


Lol.... Smh.
JW is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2016, 12:19 PM   #3557
kyle1974
Pope & Young
 
kyle1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: The Bluff, America
Hunt In: McMullen / Refugio
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
Should have been more clear in my statement. From the "bottom".
so cost savings only occur at the "bottom"?
kyle1974 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2016, 12:24 PM   #3558
Take Dead Aim
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Leander
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragin' View Post
Lol.... Smh.
You really have provided zero to the discussion. Outside of disagreeing just to disagree. Maybe I'm wrong. I don't feel that I am but feel free to provide some info stating as much and I will show up at the next Austin TBH happy hour in dress for all to mock. I will stand by my statements for another three months. Baring something crazy like North Korea actually figuring out how to get a bomb more than 10' off the ground the Texas and US economy will keep on growing. You willing to take me up on the same bet? Your local THB happy hour in a dress if the economy keeps growing.
Take Dead Aim is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2016, 12:25 PM   #3559
Take Dead Aim
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Leander
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle1974 View Post
so cost savings only occur at the "bottom"?
Come on man. They obviously happen all along the way but when tracking this data you have to pick spots and those are usuay done using tops and bottoms.
Take Dead Aim is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2016, 12:30 PM   #3560
kyle1974
Pope & Young
 
kyle1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: The Bluff, America
Hunt In: McMullen / Refugio
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
Come on man. They obviously happen all along the way but when tracking this data you have to pick spots and those are usuay done using tops and bottoms.
when tracking the data you have to keep the carrot dangling out far enough to justify your argument that your principle point of cost savings is GOING to work, if we just have enough time to realize that cost savings.

I think I'm getting on board with you though. Just imagine how well the economy would be doing if you could buy a 3000 square foot house in a gated community for $35,000. people would be saving SO much money, the economy would explode! then, if you could get a 2016 F250 king ranch edition for say $2750, that would really get this economic machine screaming!

Last edited by kyle1974; 05-03-2016 at 12:33 PM..
kyle1974 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2016, 12:37 PM   #3561
Take Dead Aim
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Leander
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle1974 View Post
when tracking the data you have to keep the carrot dangling out far enough to justify your argument that your principle point of cost savings is GOING to work, if we just have enough time to realize that cost savings.

I think I'm getting on board with you though. Just imagine how well the economy would be doing if you could buy a 3000 square foot house in a gated community for $35,000. people would be saving SO much money, the economy would explode! then, if you could get a 2016 F250 king ranch edition for say $2750, that would really get this economic machine screaming!
Look I have answered or tried to answer every question brought up and most have good questions. I'm not making this data up and have nothing to gain from it other than knowledge. You may not agree with it but it doesn't change that economy is not going downward at this point.
Take Dead Aim is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2016, 12:38 PM   #3562
kyle1974
Pope & Young
 
kyle1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: The Bluff, America
Hunt In: McMullen / Refugio
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
Look I have answered or tried to answer every question brought up and most have good questions. I'm not making this data up and have nothing to gain from it other than knowledge. You may not agree with it but it doesn't change that economy is not going downward at this point.
Obama says the economy is doing great also.

he says unemployment is down (while completley ignoring people who are no longer actively looking for work).

here's a fact for your "overall" economy. At no other point in history have more people been on welfare in this country. No doubt, that's tied directly to this killer economy.
kyle1974 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2016, 12:41 PM   #3563
txjustin
Ten Point
 
txjustin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Rosenberg
Hunt In: Fort Bend and Brazoria Counties
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
You really have provided zero to the discussion. Outside of disagreeing just to disagree. Maybe I'm wrong. I don't feel that I am but feel free to provide some info stating as much and I will show up at the next Austin TBH happy hour in dress for all to mock. I will stand by my statements for another three months. Baring something crazy like North Korea actually figuring out how to get a bomb more than 10' off the ground the Texas and US economy will keep on growing. You willing to take me up on the same bet? Your local THB happy hour in a dress if the economy keeps growing.
The economy growth is stagnant at best. Obama is the 1st president in History not to hit the "magic" 3% number. Here are a bunch of charts (sources noted) of the great economy that the Federal Reserve has manipulated.

http://www.yardeni.com/pub/gdp.pdf

The last 3 charts relate to Houston area. I chose Houston because that's the metro where I live.
Attached Images
         
txjustin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2016, 12:42 PM   #3564
COACH_EM_UP
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Johnson City
Hunt In: Hill Country
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragin' View Post
One day you'll realize that you're right up there with Jhill and Xbowhunter.



As far as this other mess. Someone is not here to stir the pot but.... Someone is not here to stir the pot but tell everyone they basically have no understanding of economics. Some peoples kids I swear.
You being one of them. That is all.

Good luck to all that are affected by this. Every day is a good day!
COACH_EM_UP is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2016, 12:49 PM   #3565
JW
Banned!!!
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montgomery, Texas
Hunt In: Texas, Oklahoma, Kentucky
Default Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
You really have provided zero to the discussion. Outside of disagreeing just to disagree. Maybe I'm wrong. I don't feel that I am but feel free to provide some info stating as much and I will show up at the next Austin TBH happy hour in dress for all to mock. I will stand by my statements for another three months. Baring something crazy like North Korea actually figuring out how to get a bomb more than 10' off the ground the Texas and US economy will keep on growing. You willing to take me up on the same bet? Your local THB happy hour in a dress if the economy keeps growing.


I'm not gonna with you. We've beat this horse to death on this thread a year ago. Then hear you come with all your crap just like many others before you sounding just like a Bernie Supporter. Clear the fog from your eyes dude and stop the drinking the Kool-Aide. And what bet? I don't gamble. Money isn't free so I don't roll that way. And you can keep your happy hour. I don't roll with the likes of you either. I'll stick with my oil family.

Last edited by JW; 05-03-2016 at 12:53 PM..
JW is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2016, 12:50 PM   #3566
JW
Banned!!!
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montgomery, Texas
Hunt In: Texas, Oklahoma, Kentucky
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
You being one of them. That is all.



Good luck to all that are affected by this. Every day is a good day!


Hey I didn't make a 100 in Economics but I did get an A- in college.

Go play with TDA. Y'all are in the same camp of not knowing.
JW is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2016, 01:00 PM   #3567
JW
Banned!!!
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montgomery, Texas
Hunt In: Texas, Oklahoma, Kentucky
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by txjustin View Post
The economy growth is stagnant at best. Obama is the 1st president in History not to hit the "magic" 3% number. Here are a bunch of charts (sources noted) of the great economy that the Federal Reserve has manipulated.



http://www.yardeni.com/pub/gdp.pdf



The last 3 charts relate to Houston area. I chose Houston because that's the metro where I live.


Oh stop with the real facts man!!!!!
JW is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2016, 01:02 PM   #3568
Take Dead Aim
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Leander
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragin' View Post
I'm not gonna with you. We've beat this horse to death on this thread a year ago. Then hear you come with all your crap just like many others before you sounding just like a Bernie Supporter. Clear the fog from your eyes dude and stop the drinking the Kool-Aide. And what bet? I don't gamble. Money isn't free so I don't roll that way. And you can keep your happy hour. I don't roll with the likes of you either. I'll stick with my oil family.
Money wasn't involved. I made it a fair offer for both. That is why I offered up an embarrassing bet rather than money or monetary goods. Friendly wager no need to hang out if you don't want to. I'll stick to Round Rock happy hour and you chose one of your liking. I won't show and ruin your vibe.
Take Dead Aim is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2016, 01:09 PM   #3569
JW
Banned!!!
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montgomery, Texas
Hunt In: Texas, Oklahoma, Kentucky
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
Money wasn't involved. I made it a fair offer for both. That is why I offered up an embarrassing bet rather than money or monetary goods. Friendly wager no need to hang out if you don't want to. I'll stick to Round Rock happy hour and you chose one of your liking. I won't show and ruin your vibe.


You can't ruin my vibe dude. But you have tried to ruin many peoples that have read your banter on here that are out of work. Good job. You nailed it.
JW is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2016, 01:12 PM   #3570
COACH_EM_UP
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Johnson City
Hunt In: Hill Country
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragin' View Post
Hey I didn't make a 100 in Economics but I did get an A- in college.

Go play with TDA. Y'all are in the same camp of not knowing.
Exactly. You just proved "Some people's kids".

You have no idea what my take is on this issue, but you assumed you do. Good luck to you!
COACH_EM_UP is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2016, 01:15 PM   #3571
JW
Banned!!!
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montgomery, Texas
Hunt In: Texas, Oklahoma, Kentucky
Default Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
Exactly. You just proved "Some people's kids".



You have no idea what my take is on this issue, but you assumed you do. Good luck to you!


No I'm not a mind reader. But am man enough to say what's on my mind and not act like a coy little kid about it.
So say what you mean by all means.
JW is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2016, 01:18 PM   #3572
txjustin
Ten Point
 
txjustin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Rosenberg
Hunt In: Fort Bend and Brazoria Counties
Default

One last chart. Also, nobody uses the U3 unemployment rate. Take a look at U3 vs U6. Notice the flatness the last 6 months and uptick this past month.

Now, I'm not saying the economy isn't better than the 08-09 crash because it is. However, saying the economy is booming is really, really stretching it. I'd more accurately describe the economy as just making it.
Attached Images
 
txjustin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2016, 01:18 PM   #3573
gingib
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Central Tx
Hunt In: NTX
Default

lol


Kids come in ALL ages...even old
gingib is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2016, 01:22 PM   #3574
JW
Banned!!!
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montgomery, Texas
Hunt In: Texas, Oklahoma, Kentucky
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingib View Post
lol





Kids come in ALL ages...even old


Eh, really nothing wrong with being a big kid. It's one of the spices of life truth be told.
JW is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2016, 01:39 PM   #3575
Take Dead Aim
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Leander
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by txjustin View Post
The economy growth is stagnant at best. Obama is the 1st president in History not to hit the "magic" 3% number. Here are a bunch of charts (sources noted) of the great economy that the Federal Reserve has manipulated.

http://www.yardeni.com/pub/gdp.pdf

The last 3 charts relate to Houston area. I chose Houston because that's the metro where I live.
Please stop referring to Obama. You are making me feel like I have to defend him and I refuse to be associated with the man. He has not been a great president on many facets. Now that I cleared that up.

Bunch to cover here. First understand that the 2007 Recession was a balance sheet recession.

A balance sheet recession is a type of economic recession that occurs when high levels of private sector debt cause individuals or companies to collectively focus on saving (i.e., paying down debt) rather than spending or investing, causing economic growth to slow or decline.

So what occurred after the recession was everyone from individuals to companies were in essence skeptical of everything and saved everywhere they could. IE everyone was saving every penny and not spending a penny that didn't have to be spent. This causes a slow abnormal recovery. This current economy was never gang buster. Which is typically what happens in a normal recession. Economy goes up and falls fast and is quick to rise back up again. 2007 to now though you had fast fall and a slow steady rise back upward. So it never looks great on "charts" as you just have little increases. Two steps forward one step back so to speak.

With that all being said it is just a nice recovery compared to 2007. I still feel lower oil prices have helped in the last 2 to 3 quarters and stick by what I originally posted as back up.

I never said this economy is booming. Everyone keeps saying I do but I never have used that term. If you find that I did please let me know and I will recant statement and admit I was wrong and posted while drunk.

The Houston market is a tough to use as it is heavily oil dependent at times. While the housing market to a hit in Houston in other parts of the state Dallas and Austin have record sales last few quarters. That is why I chose to look at the state a whole. I did not just pick it because the numbers backed up my original prediction but chose so because that is what my original predication. The Texas economy as a whole would grow and not crash like it was 1980's over again.
Take Dead Aim is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2016, 01:41 PM   #3576
Take Dead Aim
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Leander
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by txjustin View Post
One last chart. Also, nobody uses the U3 unemployment rate. Take a look at U3 vs U6. Notice the flatness the last 6 months and uptick this past month.

Now, I'm not saying the economy isn't better than the 08-09 crash because it is. However, saying the economy is booming is really, really stretching it. I'd more accurately describe the economy as just making it.
The flatness of unemployment is not surprising. There are only so many jobs in the state and US for that matter. So there is a bottom to unemployment. IE it will never be zero. I think the lowest it has been in the US is the low 4's. I can see us bottoming out soon and may actually have already or doing so now. We will need to wait a few months to see about that though.
Take Dead Aim is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2016, 02:26 PM   #3577
txoutdoorsman24
Pope & Young
 
txoutdoorsman24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: San Antonio
Hunt In: Kimble & Fayette county. And now Oklahoma
Default

Take dead aim, you didn't answer my question from earlier. See post #3541
txoutdoorsman24 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2016, 02:36 PM   #3578
Take Dead Aim
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Leander
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
Take dead aim, you didn't answer my question from earlier. See post #3541
I did. Look at post 3550. I was responding to you but it shows BHPhillips. Somewhere along the way the quote function went haywire making this thread hard to follow at times.
Take Dead Aim is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2016, 02:37 PM   #3579
COACH_EM_UP
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Johnson City
Hunt In: Hill Country
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragin' View Post
No I'm not a mind reader. But am man enough to say what's on my mind and not act like a coy little kid about it.
So say what you mean by all means.
Give me a minute. It is going to take me a bit to type it up!
COACH_EM_UP is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2016, 02:40 PM   #3580
JW
Banned!!!
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montgomery, Texas
Hunt In: Texas, Oklahoma, Kentucky
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
Give me a minute. It is going to take me a bit to type it up!


Whatever dude. You made little cheap pops. Now you're proof reading. I have reports to do at work.
JW is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2016, 03:12 PM   #3581
JAGR
Ten Point
 
JAGR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Corpus Christi, TX
Hunt In: South Texas
Default

Got laid off a couple months ago. Been doing odd jobs to get by in the mean time. Sure could use some prayers. Really hope our industry comes back sooner than later. Hang in there boys.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JAGR is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2016, 03:12 PM   #3582
JW
Banned!!!
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montgomery, Texas
Hunt In: Texas, Oklahoma, Kentucky
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAGR View Post
Got laid off a couple months ago. Been doing odd jobs to get by in the mean time. Sure could use some prayers. Really hope our industry comes back sooner than later. Hang in there boys.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Sent bud.
JW is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2016, 03:20 PM   #3583
txjustin
Ten Point
 
txjustin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Rosenberg
Hunt In: Fort Bend and Brazoria Counties
Default

My wife and I have lost $130k in income this year. Thankfully I'm employed after being laid off Q1 this year
txjustin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2016, 03:21 PM   #3584
Take Dead Aim
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Leander
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAGR View Post
Got laid off a couple months ago. Been doing odd jobs to get by in the mean time. Sure could use some prayers. Really hope our industry comes back sooner than later. Hang in there boys.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent. To anyone looking for work that has operator skills in heavy equipment starting at the skid steer/backhoe range on up to excavators/dozers I am hiring. I am also looking for a few welders that might be looking for short term in the immediate to possible long term work on welding structures. Shops and the like. All work is currently in the Austin area.
Take Dead Aim is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2016, 03:22 PM   #3585
gingib
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Central Tx
Hunt In: NTX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by txjustin View Post
My wife and I have lost $130k in income this year. Thankfully I'm employed after being laid off Q1 this year
WOW! Me and my wife wish we made what you lost as our combined income
gingib is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2016, 03:58 PM   #3586
miket
Pope & Young
 
miket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Plantersville
Hunt In: Grimes County, Victoria
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAGR View Post
Got laid off a couple months ago. Been doing odd jobs to get by in the mean time. Sure could use some prayers. Really hope our industry comes back sooner than later. Hang in there boys.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent.
miket is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2016, 04:09 PM   #3587
TildenHunter
Pope & Young
 
TildenHunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Tilden & Utopia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAGR View Post
Got laid off a couple months ago. Been doing odd jobs to get by in the mean time. Sure could use some prayers. Really hope our industry comes back sooner than later. Hang in there boys.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry to hear it buddy. Keep your head up. Prayers heading your way.
TildenHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2016, 04:15 PM   #3588
bphillips
Pope & Young
 
bphillips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: San Angelo, Tx
Hunt In: Schleicher, Tom Green Co.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by txjustin View Post
My wife and I have lost $130k in income this year. Thankfully I'm employed after being laid off Q1 this year
Yep I'm glad to be employed also. What I stand to lose is sickening if I don't get some days soon but at least I put it away while it was coming in. I bet this year I make half as much as my tax bill has been each of the last 5 years. Wife and kids like me home though
bphillips is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2016, 04:24 PM   #3589
COACH_EM_UP
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Johnson City
Hunt In: Hill Country
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragin' View Post
No I'm not a mind reader. But am man enough to say what's on my mind and not act like a coy little kid about it.
So say what you mean by all means.
What I mean is that you are a crybaby? You gripe and moan about the situation that you are in, because of your own CHOOSING. When someone offers you something, it is not good enough for you. You are out of a $125,000 job, but when someone offers you something making any kind of acceptable money, that is not good enough because it is not your precious job that you had before.

What is on my mind is that anyone who has the slightest, the VERY SMALLEST disagreement with you, is wrong simply because they don't see it the way you WANT them to see it. Your way is the only way and you refuse to see anyone else's point of view. You cannot and will not open your simple mind to see that someone else might have a point and might know what they are talking about. You are that guy that is never wrong and if you are, it is not your fault, but someone else's fault. You are the guy that belittles other people because they are happy that THEY are saving a little money at the pump. THEY ARE NOT HAPPY BECAUSE YOU ARE OUT OF WORK and you think that everyone that is happy because they save a few bucks every week is happy that you don't have a job. News flash bud, no one is happy that you are out of work or are not working where you can make $125,000. It is not about you, but simply about them and their family.

What I mean is that you come off as arrogant, egotistical, and self centered? You think that the oilfield is the only thing that matters and every other way of thinking is wrong and irrelevant because it does not relate to the oil patch. You are a self serving person and self righteous.

What I mean is that when you were making $125,000(+) because gas was $4.00 a gallon you did not even think how it impacted others. It was good for you, so it did not matter. Now that things are not as good for you, you want to get on a hunting forum and gripe and moan about oilfield jobs being cut and gas is so low and the economy is hurting because of these low oil prices and I know everything about economics because I got an "A" in a college class and whoever does not agree with me is wrong even if they have data to back it up.

You are a self serving, condescending tough guy behind this thing we call the green screen. No one is happy that anyone is out of a job. Heaven forbid that anyone be happy that they don't have to pay $3.75 at the pump to fill up their truck or car, because it hurts your feelings. I mean, hell, who would not be happy that they can now fill up for $1.85 as opposed to $3.75. Who in their right mind would rather pay more for something when they can get it for less? You make all of feel that we are wrong simply because I like to pay less for a gallon of gas.

Here is something that I am sure is news to you as well. It is not about you. I am not happy that you are out of a job. I am not happy that your family and others are struggling. I, I, I, I am happy because it does not cost $95 to fill up my truck. It has everything to do with ME and nothing to do with you. The world is not all about you and how you feel. I am sorry that you are struggling right now and I can say that. I never heard anything from any of you oil patch guys when the MAJORITY of America was struggling and you were raking in the dough. I am SURE that not one ounce of concern was given to the rest of the country who was struggling because you were living the life and had nothing to worry about. Now that the shoe is on the other foot, you come on here and act all high and mighty and holier than thou. It is ironic that you call others in this thread Internet Jesus, yet you think your poop does not stink. Well, man, sorry to tell you, but it does. You are not better than anyone on here. Not now and not when you were making all the money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragin' View Post
Whatever dude. You made little cheap pops. Now you're proof reading. I have reports to do at work.
Show me my little cheap pops. PLEASE! Put my quotes somewhere in this thread. Where I said anything negative about people or families that are struggling. Don't spout off something that you cannot back up, something that you do a lot. Give me something. Go get your TPS reports done and make sure you put a cover page on them this time!



And PRAYERS sent up for all those that are struggling and whose families are experiencing a hard time right now. I hope it all turns around for the better!

Last edited by COACH_EM_UP; 05-03-2016 at 04:26 PM..
COACH_EM_UP is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2016, 04:25 PM   #3590
txoutdoorsman24
Pope & Young
 
txoutdoorsman24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: San Antonio
Hunt In: Kimble & Fayette county. And now Oklahoma
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
I did. Look at post 3550. I was responding to you but it shows BHPhillips. Somewhere along the way the quote function went haywire making this thread hard to follow at times.
Oh ok. Yea I def got lost
txoutdoorsman24 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2016, 04:38 PM   #3591
bloodtrailer28
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Oatmeal, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
Sent. To anyone looking for work that has operator skills in heavy equipment starting at the skid steer/backhoe range on up to excavators/dozers I am hiring. I am also looking for a few welders that might be looking for short term in the immediate to possible long term work on welding structures. Shops and the like. All work is currently in the Austin area.

Awesome gesture man The economy in centeral Texas is BOOMING! And I did say booming come take a drive around the Round Rock Georgetown Cedar Park Austin Leander and even the small town of Liberty Hill I grew up in and then tell me how bad the economy is from low oil prices. We have more work than we have had in years and that goes for about every contractor or builder I know. More houses roads apartments ect built in the last year than you can shake a stick at. Like TDA said last night how we heard from some on here how the Texas economy was gona tank and be at an all time low with the oil prices but we definitely aint seeing it around here and highly doubt we will anytime soon. Now if oil prices stay this way for long term ( which we all know they wont!) It might be a different story.

Good luck to all and hope it gets better for yall in the future.
bloodtrailer28 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2016, 04:40 PM   #3592
bloodtrailer28
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Oatmeal, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
What I mean is that you are a crybaby? You gripe and moan about the situation that you are in, because of your own CHOOSING. When someone offers you something, it is not good enough for you. You are out of a $125,000 job, but when someone offers you something making any kind of acceptable money, that is not good enough because it is not your precious job that you had before.

What is on my mind is that anyone who has the slightest, the VERY SMALLEST disagreement with you, is wrong simply because they don't see it the way you WANT them to see it. Your way is the only way and you refuse to see anyone else's point of view. You cannot and will not open your simple mind to see that someone else might have a point and might know what they are talking about. You are that guy that is never wrong and if you are, it is not your fault, but someone else's fault. You are the guy that belittles other people because they are happy that THEY are saving a little money at the pump. THEY ARE NOT HAPPY BECAUSE YOU ARE OUT OF WORK and you think that everyone that is happy because they save a few bucks every week is happy that you don't have a job. News flash bud, no one is happy that you are out of work or are not working where you can make $125,000. It is not about you, but simply about them and their family.

What I mean is that you come off as arrogant, egotistical, and self centered? You think that the oilfield is the only thing that matters and every other way of thinking is wrong and irrelevant because it does not relate to the oil patch. You are a self serving person and self righteous.

What I mean is that when you were making $125,000(+) because gas was $4.00 a gallon you did not even think how it impacted others. It was good for you, so it did not matter. Now that things are not as good for you, you want to get on a hunting forum and gripe and moan about oilfield jobs being cut and gas is so low and the economy is hurting because of these low oil prices and I know everything about economics because I got an "A" in a college class and whoever does not agree with me is wrong even if they have data to back it up.

You are a self serving, condescending tough guy behind this thing we call the green screen. No one is happy that anyone is out of a job. Heaven forbid that anyone be happy that they don't have to pay $3.75 at the pump to fill up their truck or car, because it hurts your feelings. I mean, hell, who would not be happy that they can now fill up for $1.85 as opposed to $3.75. Who in their right mind would rather pay more for something when they can get it for less? You make all of feel that we are wrong simply because I like to pay less for a gallon of gas.

Here is something that I am sure is news to you as well. It is not about you. I am not happy that you are out of a job. I am not happy that your family and others are struggling. I, I, I, I am happy because it does not cost $95 to fill up my truck. It has everything to do with ME and nothing to do with you. The world is not all about you and how you feel. I am sorry that you are struggling right now and I can say that. I never heard anything from any of you oil patch guys when the MAJORITY of America was struggling and you were raking in the dough. I am SURE that not one ounce of concern was given to the rest of the country who was struggling because you were living the life and had nothing to worry about. Now that the shoe is on the other foot, you come on here and act all high and mighty and holier than thou. It is ironic that you call others in this thread Internet Jesus, yet you think your poop does not stink. Well, man, sorry to tell you, but it does. You are not better than anyone on here. Not now and not when you were making all the money.



Show me my little cheap pops. PLEASE! Put my quotes somewhere in this thread. Where I said anything negative about people or families that are struggling. Don't spout off something that you cannot back up, something that you do a lot. Give me something. Go get your TPS reports done and make sure you put a cover page on them this time!



And PRAYERS sent up for all those that are struggling and whose families are experiencing a hard time right now. I hope it all turns around for the better!


Got to give this
bloodtrailer28 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2016, 04:45 PM   #3593
AgHntr10
Pope & Young
 
AgHntr10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lumberton
Hunt In: Where the thieves and poachers roam
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
What I mean is that you are a crybaby? You gripe and moan about the situation that you are in, because of your own CHOOSING. When someone offers you something, it is not good enough for you. You are out of a $125,000 job, but when someone offers you something making any kind of acceptable money, that is not good enough because it is not your precious job that you had before.

What is on my mind is that anyone who has the slightest, the VERY SMALLEST disagreement with you, is wrong simply because they don't see it the way you WANT them to see it. Your way is the only way and you refuse to see anyone else's point of view. You cannot and will not open your simple mind to see that someone else might have a point and might know what they are talking about. You are that guy that is never wrong and if you are, it is not your fault, but someone else's fault. You are the guy that belittles other people because they are happy that THEY are saving a little money at the pump. THEY ARE NOT HAPPY BECAUSE YOU ARE OUT OF WORK and you think that everyone that is happy because they save a few bucks every week is happy that you don't have a job. News flash bud, no one is happy that you are out of work or are not working where you can make $125,000. It is not about you, but simply about them and their family.

What I mean is that you come off as arrogant, egotistical, and self centered? You think that the oilfield is the only thing that matters and every other way of thinking is wrong and irrelevant because it does not relate to the oil patch. You are a self serving person and self righteous.

What I mean is that when you were making $125,000(+) because gas was $4.00 a gallon you did not even think how it impacted others. It was good for you, so it did not matter. Now that things are not as good for you, you want to get on a hunting forum and gripe and moan about oilfield jobs being cut and gas is so low and the economy is hurting because of these low oil prices and I know everything about economics because I got an "A" in a college class and whoever does not agree with me is wrong even if they have data to back it up.

You are a self serving, condescending tough guy behind this thing we call the green screen. No one is happy that anyone is out of a job. Heaven forbid that anyone be happy that they don't have to pay $3.75 at the pump to fill up their truck or car, because it hurts your feelings. I mean, hell, who would not be happy that they can now fill up for $1.85 as opposed to $3.75. Who in their right mind would rather pay more for something when they can get it for less? You make all of feel that we are wrong simply because I like to pay less for a gallon of gas.

Here is something that I am sure is news to you as well. It is not about you. I am not happy that you are out of a job. I am not happy that your family and others are struggling. I, I, I, I am happy because it does not cost $95 to fill up my truck. It has everything to do with ME and nothing to do with you. The world is not all about you and how you feel. I am sorry that you are struggling right now and I can say that. I never heard anything from any of you oil patch guys when the MAJORITY of America was struggling and you were raking in the dough. I am SURE that not one ounce of concern was given to the rest of the country who was struggling because you were living the life and had nothing to worry about. Now that the shoe is on the other foot, you come on here and act all high and mighty and holier than thou. It is ironic that you call others in this thread Internet Jesus, yet you think your poop does not stink. Well, man, sorry to tell you, but it does. You are not better than anyone on here. Not now and not when you were making all the money.



Show me my little cheap pops. PLEASE! Put my quotes somewhere in this thread. Where I said anything negative about people or families that are struggling. Don't spout off something that you cannot back up, something that you do a lot. Give me something. Go get your TPS reports done and make sure you put a cover page on them this time!



And PRAYERS sent up for all those that are struggling and whose families are experiencing a hard time right now. I hope it all turns around for the better!
mic drop
AgHntr10 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2016, 05:30 PM   #3594
kenfa03
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Leon County
Hunt In: Hardin, Crockett Counties
Default

In


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kenfa03 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2016, 05:36 PM   #3595
bphillips
Pope & Young
 
bphillips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: San Angelo, Tx
Hunt In: Schleicher, Tom Green Co.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenfa03 View Post
In


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hopefully to be here for more than the bickering


Would rather everyone take that to PMs if it's gotta happen
bphillips is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2016, 05:56 PM   #3596
txoutdoorsman24
Pope & Young
 
txoutdoorsman24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: San Antonio
Hunt In: Kimble & Fayette county. And now Oklahoma
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
Awesome gesture man The economy in centeral Texas is BOOMING! And I did say booming come take a drive around the Round Rock Georgetown Cedar Park Austin Leander and even the small town of Liberty Hill I grew up in and then tell me how bad the economy is from low oil prices. We have more work than we have had in years and that goes for about every contractor or builder I know. More houses roads apartments ect built in the last year than you can shake a stick at. Like TDA said last night how we heard from some on here how the Texas economy was gona tank and be at an all time low with the oil prices but we definitely aint seeing it around here and highly doubt we will anytime soon. Now if oil prices stay this way for long term ( which we all know they wont!) It might be a different story.

Good luck to all and hope it gets better for yall in the future.
That's all true but does the Austin Metro area really count towards Texas' economy as a whole. Austin is the least affected city and area from the oil crash. Just my IMO though.
txoutdoorsman24 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2016, 05:58 PM   #3597
kyle1974
Pope & Young
 
kyle1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: The Bluff, America
Hunt In: McMullen / Refugio
Default

some people seem to forget this thread never had anything to do with celebrating low gas prices. Or "just stopping by to say, hey I'm not a bad guy because I like cheap gas, but prayers for you and your family, but you shouldn't have bought X, Y and Z and you made so much money, you should have saved."

once again... go start your own thread.
kyle1974 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2016, 06:00 PM   #3598
JW
Banned!!!
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montgomery, Texas
Hunt In: Texas, Oklahoma, Kentucky
Default Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
What I mean is that you are a crybaby? You gripe and moan about the situation that you are in, because of your own CHOOSING. When someone offers you something, it is not good enough for you. You are out of a $125,000 job, but when someone offers you something making any kind of acceptable money, that is not good enough because it is not your precious job that you had before.



What is on my mind is that anyone who has the slightest, the VERY SMALLEST disagreement with you, is wrong simply because they don't see it the way you WANT them to see it. Your way is the only way and you refuse to see anyone else's point of view. You cannot and will not open your simple mind to see that someone else might have a point and might know what they are talking about. You are that guy that is never wrong and if you are, it is not your fault, but someone else's fault. You are the guy that belittles other people because they are happy that THEY are saving a little money at the pump. THEY ARE NOT HAPPY BECAUSE YOU ARE OUT OF WORK and you think that everyone that is happy because they save a few bucks every week is happy that you don't have a job. News flash bud, no one is happy that you are out of work or are not working where you can make $125,000. It is not about you, but simply about them and their family.



What I mean is that you come off as arrogant, egotistical, and self centered? You think that the oilfield is the only thing that matters and every other way of thinking is wrong and irrelevant because it does not relate to the oil patch. You are a self serving person and self righteous.



What I mean is that when you were making $125,000(+) because gas was $4.00 a gallon you did not even think how it impacted others. It was good for you, so it did not matter. Now that things are not as good for you, you want to get on a hunting forum and gripe and moan about oilfield jobs being cut and gas is so low and the economy is hurting because of these low oil prices and I know everything about economics because I got an "A" in a college class and whoever does not agree with me is wrong even if they have data to back it up.



You are a self serving, condescending tough guy behind this thing we call the green screen. No one is happy that anyone is out of a job. Heaven forbid that anyone be happy that they don't have to pay $3.75 at the pump to fill up their truck or car, because it hurts your feelings. I mean, hell, who would not be happy that they can now fill up for $1.85 as opposed to $3.75. Who in their right mind would rather pay more for something when they can get it for less? You make all of feel that we are wrong simply because I like to pay less for a gallon of gas.



Here is something that I am sure is news to you as well. It is not about you. I am not happy that you are out of a job. I am not happy that your family and others are struggling. I, I, I, I am happy because it does not cost $95 to fill up my truck. It has everything to do with ME and nothing to do with you. The world is not all about you and how you feel. I am sorry that you are struggling right now and I can say that. I never heard anything from any of you oil patch guys when the MAJORITY of America was struggling and you were raking in the dough. I am SURE that not one ounce of concern was given to the rest of the country who was struggling because you were living the life and had nothing to worry about. Now that the shoe is on the other foot, you come on here and act all high and mighty and holier than thou. It is ironic that you call others in this thread Internet Jesus, yet you think your poop does not stink. Well, man, sorry to tell you, but it does. You are not better than anyone on here. Not now and not when you were making all the money.







Show me my little cheap pops. PLEASE! Put my quotes somewhere in this thread. Where I said anything negative about people or families that are struggling. Don't spout off something that you cannot back up, something that you do a lot. Give me something. Go get your TPS reports done and make sure you put a cover page on them this time!







And PRAYERS sent up for all those that are struggling and whose families are experiencing a hard time right now. I hope it all turns around for the better!


Blah blah blah. You started off dead wrong with your first paragraph. You know about as much as I know about you. I don't know your situation. You don't know mine. I'm not crying about anything. I'm making as much now as I did in the oilfield or on pipelines. I don't like being confined like I am now. That's all. But I'll do it from now on if I have to.

Now as far as what I chose. I'm 3rd generation oil. It's all I know. It chose me.

My crap will make the tiles pop up it stinks so bad. So when you get the slightest clue of who I am, or what I'm about holla. But unless you know me personally it's all just, yak yak yak. No wonder our kids are turning out to be pansies with people like you teaching em.

There is other data, if you'll look, that totally contradicts what you non oil boys are saying. You're not oil anyway. Step off and go wipe down basketballs dude. HAVE A NICE DAY!!!


Somebody is a crybaby all right. Sorry I hurt those lil feelins. Go for a ride in your Prius this evening and listen to Elton John. You'll be fine.

Last edited by JW; 05-03-2016 at 06:03 PM..
JW is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2016, 06:02 PM   #3599
JW
Banned!!!
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montgomery, Texas
Hunt In: Texas, Oklahoma, Kentucky
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgHntr10 View Post
mic drop


Yeah, he fumbled it and dropped it alright. I so wish I could unload on here and not get banned.
JW is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2016, 06:03 PM   #3600
Charles
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Default

U can..I'll give you a free pass..pinky swear
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com