Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 09-01-2015, 05:35 PM   #2701
Skinny
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Montague County

Quote:
Originally Posted by KR-oldmexico View Post
Technology has always been slow in your country Skinny!!!!

Lmao!!! Yeah our wifi is brought in on a donkey so it's real slow!!!
Skinny is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-01-2015, 05:54 PM   #2702
JW
Banned!!!

Hunt In: Texas, Oklahoma, Kentucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post

Mine shows down 10%

What app is that?
JW is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-01-2015, 05:56 PM   #2703
outlaw713
Ten Point

Hunt In: Any Tree stand in Texas🐴

^^^^^^ what he said
outlaw713 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-01-2015, 06:09 PM   #2704
oktx
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wise County

Commodities
oktx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-01-2015, 06:22 PM   #2705
outlaw713
Ten Point

Hunt In: Any Tree stand in Texas🐴

Quote:
Originally Posted by oktx View Post
Commodities
lol, which one specifically
outlaw713 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-01-2015, 06:22 PM   #2706
oktx
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wise County

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw713 View Post
lol, which one specifically
That's the name of the app
oktx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-09-2015, 06:19 AM   #2707
Kodiakk
Ten Point

Hunt In: Sabine and where ever else I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle1974 View Post
I went through a merger with SLB. it will take a couple years before they do anything substantial, then when they start, you better hold on to your hat.

if it were me, I wouldn't sweat it right now. A 3-4 years down the road, you won't recognize your company anymore.
Very true. I went through it when Scumberger bought the company I worked for Camco for our safety valves. Nothing much at the beginning, then they shut every slickline shop we had down and moved it to Houma. I had bailed by then, but they told all the hands they could live in Houston, but would have to drive to Houma to load up for jobs. Then after awhile of that they told hands to either move to Houma or find new jobs.
Kodiakk is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2015, 06:41 PM   #2708
bphillips
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Schleicher, Tom Green Co.

Everyone still hanging in there?
bphillips is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2015, 07:03 PM   #2709
jpowledge
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hemphill Co

We are still hanging on. We are cutting our workers but not laying off. As people quit they are not replacing them and are transferring people around. They cut our full time pickups but we now have pool trucks. I drive my truck the first day of shift and drive a pool truck after.
There are a few rigs running. Enervest, lenorman, and unit are still drilling. Chesapeake, apache, eog, and Samson are doing nothing. I don't think they are even fixing stuff as it breaks. They just shut the well in.
There are 9 Samson wells on the place I live and i think all 9 are shut in.
jpowledge is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2015, 07:50 PM   #2710
kyle1974
Pope & Young

Hunt In: McMullen / Refugio

Quote:
Originally Posted by bphillips View Post
Yep. Getting pretty rough though. I'm starting to look into another line of work altogether. No jobs on monster for fishing bum though.
kyle1974 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2015, 07:55 PM   #2711
JTeLarkin08
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Weatherford/Childress

Quote:

It's getting rough. Hoping it turns around some in the next month or two. It has me stressed out paying for this hunt I'm about to go on. Guess if it slows down much more we will start building other stuff.
JTeLarkin08 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2015, 07:55 PM   #2712
Skinny
Pope & Young

Default Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Still producing wells like we were at high $ oil. Just watching any and all spending really close.
Old 09-14-2015, 07:59 PM   #2713
JW
Banned!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny View Post
Still producing wells like we were at high $ oil. Just watching any and all spending really close.

Drill baby drill!!!!
Old 09-14-2015, 08:00 PM   #2714
bphillips
Pope & Young

Looks like I dodged a bullet for the time being. Decided I was gonna take a big gamble and jump ship to a new company and a month into my new venture the rig I left was stacked. Many of my former coworkers are now looking for work because the company I left I guess has lost so many rigs.
Old 09-14-2015, 08:04 PM   #2715
Skinny
Pope & Young

Oh and no overtime. Absolutely none. It'll be interesting to see how that no overtime deal works out this winter when we are typically out in the field after ours dealing with freeze ups and such.
Old 09-14-2015, 08:16 PM   #2716
ladrones
Pope & Young

We only have a few rigs turning to the right.
ladrones is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2015, 08:36 PM   #2717
Artos
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Deep South TX

Going out in the field tomorrow...enjoying the training but this cat is not wired for inside sales. It will be a good break.

My tech buddies in the shop have been to Oman & in Trinidad now for overhauls and such...biz is slow but we are staying busy.

Chin up gents...
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2015, 08:45 PM   #2718
Grumpy1911
Eight Point

Hunt In: Louisiana/South Texas

Surviving.
Grumpy1911 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2015, 08:46 PM   #2719
bboswell
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where ever I can

Hit us a little later than most but it is here. Cinched down and holding for a long slow period.
bboswell is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2015, 09:21 PM   #2720
Stolle
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Sutton County

Still making it. One month will be decent then the next is a bust. Sure miss those nice commission checks. I'm glad I put that extra money in the savings account.
Stolle is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2015, 09:29 PM   #2721
ANSCAG
Eight Point

Hunt In: Mason County, Brazos County, and Live Oak County

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpowledge View Post
We are still hanging on. We are cutting our workers but not laying off. As people quit they are not replacing them and are transferring people around. They cut our full time pickups but we now have pool trucks. I drive my truck the first day of shift and drive a pool truck after.
There are a few rigs running. Enervest, lenorman, and unit are still drilling. Chesapeake, apache, eog, and Samson are doing nothing. I don't think they are even fixing stuff as it breaks. They just shut the well in.
Not sure where you are that Apache and EOG are doing nothing, but apache is still keeping us busy as heck in College Station and same with EOG in south TX. Obviously not like it used to be, but we're still doing fine on the artificial lift side of things. I've noticed it the most with the smaller operators who are just about shutting their doors. The next few months may get dicey, but tough times don't last, only tough people do. Prove yourselves to your company So you're the last resort when it comes to lay offs. I drove 2017 miles in the last 5 days, and worked 73.5 hours. I won't be out worked no matter what.
ANSCAG is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2015, 09:32 PM   #2722
hgiles
Ten Point

Hunt In: Wherever I can find a place

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpowledge View Post
Probably because they are filing bankruptcy....
hgiles is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2015, 09:32 PM   #2723
bphillips
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANSCAG View Post
Not sure where you are that Apache and EOG are doing nothing, but apache is still keeping us busy as heck in College Station and same with EOG in south TX. Obviously not like it used to be, but we're still doing fine on the artificial lift side of things. I've noticed it the most with the smaller operators who are just about shutting their doors. The next few months may get dicey, but tough times don't last, only tough people do. Prove yourselves to your company So you're the last resort when it comes to lay offs. I drove 2017 miles in the last 5 days, and worked 73.5 hours. I won't be out worked no matter what.
They've both slowed down drilling a whole lot. Even the W Tx stuff that was gonna keep going Apache is dropping to 2 possibly even 1 rig by end of the year.

Your end will just see it later than us
Old 09-14-2015, 09:33 PM   #2724
BowOnly81
Pope & Young

Hunt In: SHNF

Just got home 2 days ago from a 32 day well. Worked 21 days before that and had 4 days off in between. Gonna enjoy these 2 weeks off for rig move and while they drill surface and vertical.
BowOnly81 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2015, 09:36 PM   #2725
bphillips
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowOnly81 View Post
Just got home 2 days ago from a 32 day well. Worked 21 days before that and had 4 days off in between. Gonna enjoy these 2 weeks off for rig move and while they drill surface and vertical.
Im babysitting just sitting here on the books while they drill surface and vertical and won't even pick up my tools unless it takes off on them which it shouldn't
Old 09-14-2015, 09:56 PM   #2726
JSAPP
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Lavaca Co.

We have picked up a couple rigs in the last month. A lot of penny pinching and a lot of office folk losing their jobs, but we are steady drilling. Supposed to pick up another before the new year. I'm using three different directional vendors now and I'm trying to keep my core group together. I've had to get a couple guys to switch companies to keep them busy. I had one of my guys decide he was going to push back about every decision on the well we are finishing up. His performance has always been par at best, but he's an experienced guy who I've thought had plenty potential. Well after this well he will no longer be on my rig. He will have to hope his company can find him another operator to work for. I have too many solid DD's eager to work.
JSAPP is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2015, 10:59 PM   #2727
txoutdoorsman24
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Kimble & Fayette county. And now Oklahoma

Glad to see tall guys still hanging around. I am so far and hopefully picking up a little more this week and next.
txoutdoorsman24 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-15-2015, 04:39 AM   #2728
CletusBodeen
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Throckmorten

After being laid off in March I went to work driving a truck hauling milk.
One day out the blue I get a text from a friend offering me a dispatch position for better money. I took it and have t looked back. We stay busy enough to keep 50+ frac sand trucks busy. When most of the guys are out of town, I get to haul local loads and make extra money. It's a win win for me.
CletusBodeen is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-15-2015, 06:31 AM   #2729
jpowledge
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hemphill Co

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgiles View Post
Probably because they are filing bankruptcy....
I heard they may be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANSCAG View Post
I'm in the eastern panhandle. I hear apache is still drilling north of amarillo but they are not doing much on the east side.
You are right about making yourself valuable. My dad is a consultant and started feeling the heat when the company he works for let go of all other consultants except for him. He studied up on the quad z stuff and is taking care of all the flares in his area. The company he consults for got hit hard by the epa for not running flares so he keeps up with flare reports and fixes flares when they are down. He only works 3 days a week now but it's better than nothing.

Last edited by jpowledge; 09-15-2015 at 07:21 AM..
jpowledge is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-15-2015, 07:20 AM   #2730
Michael
Administrator

Hunt In: Webb, LaSalle, Lavaca

Quote:
Originally Posted by CletusBodeen View Post
After being laid off in March I went to work driving a truck hauling milk.

One day out the blue I get a text from a friend offering me a dispatch position for better money. I took it and have t looked back. We stay busy enough to keep 50+ frac sand trucks busy. When most of the guys are out of town, I get to haul local loads and make extra money. It's a win win for me.

Glad to see you're doing well with the new gig!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Michael is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-15-2015, 07:28 AM   #2731
Michael
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolle View Post
Still making it. One month will be decent then the next is a bust. Sure miss those nice commission checks. I'm glad I put that extra money in the savings account.

Same here. A few of my accounts are staying busy while others aren't doing much. It's been hard to develop new accounts in this economy, but a few new ones have picked up bits recently.

Big thanks to Jsapp for helping me get an audience with his DEs! We've been gaining some momentum with that group!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-15-2015, 07:57 AM   #2732
KingRanchKiller
Ten Point

Hunt In: South TX/Dewitt Co.

After being laid off in February from GoFrac (who shut their doors for good), I haven't been able to find a field engineering job or anything geology related. I finally had to switch industries all together. I just started as a Realtor here in Fort Worth, but I'm hoping to make it back when prices come up. Good luck, I hope everyone can stay busy!
KingRanchKiller is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-15-2015, 08:14 AM   #2733
JW
Banned!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
Same here. A few of my accounts are staying busy while others aren't doing much. It's been hard to develop new accounts in this economy, but a few new ones have picked up bits recently.

Big thanks to Jsapp for helping me get an audience with his DEs! We've been gaining some momentum with that group!

Mike what's you predication after Jan 1 as far as chatter you are hearing on your end?
Old 09-15-2015, 08:38 AM   #2734
Michael
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragin' View Post
Mike what's you predication after Jan 1 as far as chatter you are hearing on your end?

LOL! I quit listening to the chatter and just focus on what I can control or I'd go mad worrying about it. Too many unknown variables to make any predictions.

Old 09-15-2015, 08:43 AM   #2735
JSAPP
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Lavaca Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post

It took forever but they finally opened their minds a little. Finally got a little support from the OSR's and that made all the difference.
JSAPP is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-15-2015, 01:09 PM   #2736
ladrones
Pope & Young

I'm out around Mentone today. I can see 11 rigs from the higher elevation of the area. I heard a little news brief on the Midland radio saying that sales tax was down a half million for the month compared to the same timeframe last year.
Old 09-15-2015, 01:27 PM   #2737
JTRichardson
Ten Point

Hunt In: east texas, in your stand when you aint there :)

slow here, if it wasn't for Weatherford in PA and a couple of the other shops in Casper I don't think Id have many reasons for coming to work. Good luck to all
JTRichardson is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-15-2015, 01:49 PM   #2738
bphillips
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladrones View Post
I'm out around Mentone today. I can see 11 rigs from the higher elevation of the area. I heard a little news brief on the Midland radio saying that sales tax was down a half million for the month compared to the same timeframe last year.
Apache is about to cut some of their rigs around Mentone also. I'm 2-3 miles west of Pecos right now and I can only see one other
Old 09-15-2015, 07:12 PM   #2739
ladrones
Pope & Young

T.Boone was in Carlsbad yesterday. He said he thinks oil will be 70.00 by December and if it don't make it to 70 it will be next June before it gets back to 70.
Old 09-16-2015, 12:52 PM   #2740
txoutdoorsman24
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Kimble & Fayette county. And now Oklahoma

A little oil field humor while we plug away!!

https://m.facebook.com/riley.mathews...60720303939387
txoutdoorsman24 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-16-2015, 12:56 PM   #2741
ladrones
Pope & Young

Quote:
Apache is about to cut some of their rigs around Mentone also. I'm 2-3 miles west of Pecos right now and I can only see one other
It seems like a lot of traffic around Mentone.
Old 09-16-2015, 01:00 PM   #2742
Texastaxi
Pope & Young

Hunt In: now accepting invitations!

Our piping design department is down to 15.
Early next week, it will be 3 less.
Texastaxi is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-16-2015, 01:02 PM   #2743
bowhuntertex
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where ever the wind takes me......

Quote:
T.Boone was in Carlsbad yesterday. He said he thinks oil will be 70.00 by December and if it don't make it to 70 it will be next June before it gets back to 70.
I would be suprised if it was back to $70 by December. I still think it will be at $70 next year between April and June. That has been my best uneducated guess since early this year.
bowhuntertex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-16-2015, 01:06 PM   #2744
Charles
Pope & Young

Quote:
Did he give any specific reason for his prediction?
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-16-2015, 01:26 PM   #2745
kyle1974
Pope & Young

Hunt In: McMullen / Refugio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texastaxi View Post
Our piping design department is down to 15.
Early next week, it will be 3 less.
Is that midstream?
kyle1974 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-16-2015, 01:47 PM   #2746
Texastaxi
Pope & Young

Hunt In: now accepting invitations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle1974 View Post
Is that midstream?
Yes.
Texastaxi is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-16-2015, 02:41 PM   #2747
bphillips
Pope & Young

Quote:
It seems like a lot of traffic around Mentone.
Yea there is still a lot of traffic just not near as much "rig traffic" or overall compared to what it was. Apache just laid out Nabors 896 up there and at least 1 and maybe two more will go down by end of year. I followed 896 for awhile and luckily left or I would be sitting home now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhuntertex View Post
I would be suprised if it was back to $70 by December. I still think it will be at $70 next year between April and June. That has been my best uneducated guess since early this year.
Yea I still say next summer
Old 09-16-2015, 03:12 PM   #2748
miket
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Grimes County, Victoria

We are holding on fairly well here. They did let one service hand go last week. I am a little surprised we are holding on so well here. ( Oil Tool Sales and rental-Liner Hanger, Diverters etc ) As far as machine shops go in this area, they seem to be dropping like flies.
miket is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-16-2015, 03:38 PM   #2749
bloodstick
Ten Point

Hunt In: All over Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by miket View Post
We are holding on fairly well here. They did let one service hand go last week. I am a little surprised we are holding on so well here. ( Oil Tool Sales and rental-Liner Hanger, Diverters etc ) As far as machine shops go in this area, they seem to be dropping like flies.

We are keeping our heads just above water as well. We are on the rental side too and just merged Patterson Rental Tools with Bronco Oilfield Services. We are still two entities, but our financials and locations are all merging. Luckily, our last layoff was a little over 2 months ago so it seems we may be stable for a little while. I haven't seen any of our machine ships drop out yet.
bloodstick is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-16-2015, 03:40 PM   #2750
okie2dabone
Spike

Hunt In: Webb County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksmith View Post
Not just oilfield!! Good advice

Our whole project in oil and gas that has been going for 5 years got whacked today.......
great advice
okie2dabone is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top