Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 08-24-2015, 07:58 AM   #2601
cosmiccowboy
Pope & Young

Oil down to $38.91 this morning. Another 3%+ drop in one day.
cosmiccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-24-2015, 09:13 AM   #2602
bowhunterchris
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Karnes, Western DeWitt County Wildlife Management

A happy medium will be found a some point. I just hope the Pyote disposal facility that is planned across the road from me is shot down by te RRC. I have brought this up before here and got bashed for it so I will stop...
bowhunterchris is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-24-2015, 09:13 AM   #2603
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragin' View Post
Next thing you know you'll be investing in Toll Roads and Sonic.
Nope.

And why would you ever think I was anti-oil? I'm in the oilfield in case you didn't know.
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-24-2015, 09:14 AM   #2604
KR-oldmexico
Pope & Young

Hunt In: South Texas & Old Mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhunterchris View Post
A happy medium will be found a some point. I just hope the Pyote disposal facility that is planned across the road from me is shot down by te RRC. I have brought this up before here and got bashed for it so I will stop...

Good luck!
KR-oldmexico is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-24-2015, 11:17 AM   #2605
bphillips
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Schleicher, Tom Green Co.

Getting close to a year since I started this thread. Many guys at the time thought it would be a long time until anything happened to the boom. Hopefully next time it won't hit the same guys quite as hard and hope it got to a few in time
bphillips is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-24-2015, 11:23 AM   #2606
Heath
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Cisco / Ira

I had a chance to spend some time with a buddy this weekend that is a lobbyist for a big out of state O&G company. He was telling me most companies are currently working on contracts with the price of barrel is more like $80 than the current price of oil. He says the real hurt is going to come when those contracts run out in the near future and you will see lots of companies go under.

Is the price of oil today a concern because its affects today or is the futures market that it is going to hurt?
Heath is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-24-2015, 04:35 PM   #2607
Rage em
Ten Point

Hunt In: Tom Green Co, East Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath View Post
I had a chance to spend some time with a buddy this weekend that is a lobbyist for a big out of state O&G company. He was telling me most companies are currently working on contracts with the price of barrel is more like $80 than the current price of oil. He says the real hurt is going to come when those contracts run out in the near future and you will see lots of companies go under.

Is the price of oil today a concern because its affects today or is the futures market that it is going to hurt?
This ^^^ I a few big oil companies still have oil hedged at 80-90$ a barrel the hurt will come when the hedges run out of oil is still $40 a barrel. One big oil company had natural gas hedged at $8.50 an MCF and that runs out in Jan of 2016. We have not seen the worst of it, if prices don't come back up
Rage em is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-24-2015, 04:38 PM   #2608
bphillips
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rage em View Post
This ^^^ I a few big oil companies still have oil hedged at 80-90$ a barrel the hurt will come when the hedges run out of oil is still $40 a barrel. One big oil company had natural gas hedged at $8.50 an MCF and that runs out in Jan of 2016. We have not seen the worst of it, if prices don't come back up
Heck Linn Energy has all of this year and most of next year hedged and their stock is still getting hammered.. From $31 last summer to under $3 now . Some things I don't understand I just go to work until they say not to
Old 08-24-2015, 04:42 PM   #2609
Rage em
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bphillips View Post
Heck Linn Energy has all of this year and most of next year hedged and their stock is still getting hammered.. From $31 last summer to under $3 now . Some things I don't understand I just go to work until they say not to
I saw the same thing, it's not making sense. Most people don't realize the hedges are not out until next year so they are dumping the stock. Samson will be the next to be picked up by a big boy, I think. They are hurting and have a ton of new wells someone could pick up for cheap in a time like this.
Old 08-24-2015, 04:43 PM   #2610
denowt
Ten Point

Hunt In: Lavaca Co/public land

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
XOM is hitting new 4 year lows in pre-market.

And IMO the rebound in oil will not happen slow. They will drop oil until the last person gives up and thinks we have so much oil it will never run low. Then off to the races to the upside.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bphillips View Post
I've kind of shifted my thinking to this also.. Maybe slow to 70ish then up like a rocket
Hopefully it will hit a happy medium instead of sky-high prices.
High enough where the long-term/lifelong oil guys are back to work, but low enough to where we don't have $5/gal diesel/gas.
When fuel was that high before, every delivery had a fuel surcharge added.
The only people that could afford to take a vacation were the guys making money hand over fist in the oil patch. But they were always working and didn't have time to go anywhere.
I think we would all be happy with $3, maybe $4, gas.
denowt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-24-2015, 04:44 PM   #2611
KR-oldmexico
Pope & Young

Default Hey Oilfield Guys!!

We are making our second cuts this week. We are evaluating each employee to see if we have to keep them or can we get by without them! Sad times for me, I hate this stuff!!!

Last edited by KR-oldmexico; 08-24-2015 at 04:54 PM..
Old 08-24-2015, 04:48 PM   #2612
bphillips
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by denowt View Post
Hopefully it will hit a happy medium instead of sky-high prices.
High enough where the long-term/lifelong oil guys are back to work, but low enough to where we don't have $5/gal diesel/gas.
When fuel was that high before, every delivery had a fuel surcharge added.
The only people that could afford to take a vacation were the guys making money hand over fist in the oil patch. But they were always working and didn't have time to go anywhere.
I think we would all be happy with $3, maybe $4, gas.
Yea I sure hope it can settle out and not be extreme either direction
Old 08-24-2015, 04:49 PM   #2613
Sparkles
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young County

Quote:
Originally Posted by KR-oldmexico View Post
We are making our second cuts this week. We are evaluating each employee to see if we have to keep them or can we get by without them! Sad times for me, I hate stud stuff!!!

That sucks
Hope it turns around for yall soon
Sparkles is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-24-2015, 04:50 PM   #2614
bphillips
Pope & Young

Quote:
We are making our second cuts this week. We are evaluating each employee to see if we have to keep them or can we get by without them! Sad times for me, I hate stud stuff!!!
Man I sure don't envy that position. I feel bad when anybody loses their way to make a living no matter what industry their in, even the volatile ones that have to come down eventually
Old 08-24-2015, 04:53 PM   #2615
Rage em
Ten Point

Quote:
Sad times indeed. Prayers sent for you and your guys.
Old 08-24-2015, 04:54 PM   #2616
RR 314
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rage em View Post
I saw the same thing, it's not making sense. Most people don't realize the hedges are not out until next year so they are dumping the stock. Samson will be the next to be picked up by a big boy, I think. They are hurting and have a ton of new wells someone could pick up for cheap in a time like this.
It does make sense (sadly). Several of these upstream MLP companies are going to fail shortly and it remains to be seen if they will even emerge from (coming) bankruptcy. 3 dollars a share may sound inexpensive; however, it may be overpriced by 3 dollars!
RR 314 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-24-2015, 05:20 PM   #2617
Gunner97
Ten Point

Hunt In: Mexico

I hate paying at the pump, but hate to see the effect of oil prices falling so low. Effects a lot of good people that I know and lots of good folks I don't know. Hoping for a quick turnaround.
Gunner97 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-24-2015, 05:50 PM   #2618
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR 314 View Post
It does make sense (sadly). Several of these upstream MLP companies are going to fail shortly and it remains to be seen if they will even emerge from (coming) bankruptcy. 3 dollars a share may sound inexpensive; however, it may be overpriced by 3 dollars!
I think it doesn't make sense why the stock was $30 or $20 or $12 or heck $6

Now it's near $2. But what has changed? Either something held it up and then let it fall or some other manipulation. It just tanked from $12 to $3 when oil dropped from $44 to $39
Old 08-24-2015, 05:53 PM   #2619
cosmiccowboy
Pope & Young

close $38.24
cosmiccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-24-2015, 06:16 PM   #2620
RR 314
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
I think it doesn't make sense why the stock was $30 or $20 or $12 or heck $6

Now it's near $2. But what has changed? Either something held it up and then let it fall or some other manipulation. It just tanked from $12 to $3 when oil dropped from $44 to $39
Not my thoughts. . .but I concur.

"The banks will look back at the last twelve months of WTI prices, which on average has been about $45 a barrel if not lower," said Sen. "And suddenly the amount of money available to these U.S. producers to borrow is half, less than half in some cases, compared to a year ago. That makes it very, very difficult for them to continue investing, continue drilling."

If prices stay at current levels or drop further, Sen said she expects some companies will be forced to file for bankruptcy as early as October.

Linn Energy (LINE - Get Report) and Energy XXI (EXXI - Get Report) have already exhausted more than 75% of the credit available to them, and they are in a "more tricky position" than some of the bigger companies, Sen said, and pointed to them as possible bankruptcy candidates.

In research published Monday, Sen wrote there are several companies likely to see their borrowing bases reduced by over 50%.

She added that Midstates Petroleum (MPO - Get Report), Resolute Energy (REN - Get Report), W&T Offshore (WTI - Get Report), Breitburn Energy (BBEP - Get Report), Energy XXI and Comstock Petroleum have seen their borrowing facilities reduced the most.

A reduction in credit will force further capital expenditure cuts among energy companies, said Sen.

What's driving Monday's crude selloff, according to Sen, are fears of weakening demand from China, along with continued oversupply.

But she added the supply/demand situation will improve, adding that Energy Aspects has identified at least 5-million barrels a day of projects that have been delayed or cancelled. By the end of next year, Sen predicts, supplies will tighten, and prices could easily more than double from where they are today.
Old 08-24-2015, 07:01 PM   #2621
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR 314 View Post
Not my thoughts. . .but I concur.

"The banks will look back at the last twelve months of WTI prices, which on average has been about $45 a barrel if not lower," said Sen. "And suddenly the amount of money available to these U.S. producers to borrow is half, less than half in some cases, compared to a year ago. That makes it very, very difficult for them to continue investing, continue drilling."

If prices stay at current levels or drop further, Sen said she expects some companies will be forced to file for bankruptcy as early as October.

Linn Energy (LINE - Get Report) and Energy XXI (EXXI - Get Report) have already exhausted more than 75% of the credit available to them, and they are in a "more tricky position" than some of the bigger companies, Sen said, and pointed to them as possible bankruptcy candidates.

In research published Monday, Sen wrote there are several companies likely to see their borrowing bases reduced by over 50%.

She added that Midstates Petroleum (MPO - Get Report), Resolute Energy (REN - Get Report), W&T Offshore (WTI - Get Report), Breitburn Energy (BBEP - Get Report), Energy XXI and Comstock Petroleum have seen their borrowing facilities reduced the most.

A reduction in credit will force further capital expenditure cuts among energy companies, said Sen.

What's driving Monday's crude selloff, according to Sen, are fears of weakening demand from China, along with continued oversupply.

But she added the supply/demand situation will improve, adding that Energy Aspects has identified at least 5-million barrels a day of projects that have been delayed or cancelled. By the end of next year, Sen predicts, supplies will tighten, and prices could easily more than double from where they are today.
This is obviously what happened but again it didn't happen overnight, in one week, or even in a month. I just wonder how/why no big firms can figure this out prior to the stock tanking. Seems like as the risk increases the stock price should drop accordingly, not just one morning you wake up and they're on the verge of BK.
Old 08-24-2015, 08:06 PM   #2622
Skinny
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Montague County

Starting to feel the heat on the production side...no one has been laid off yet, but man I feel like I'm on a see saw with someone about to jump off the other side and I land on my *** real hard. Thankfully I am a company employee...not sure if that'll do me any good if the **** hits the fan for real, guess I'll just keep on keeping on and pray for the best for everyone in O and G!
Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-24-2015, 08:17 PM   #2623
MassMan
Ten Point

Hunt In: Fisher, Erath

Linn's CFO left the company today.
MassMan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-24-2015, 08:20 PM   #2624
texansfan
Ten Point

Hunt In: East Texas/Marshall

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassMan View Post
Linn's CFO left the company today.
Ouch!!!
That hurt me bad
Couple months ago I bought 1k shares
Guess I need to load up on 3k more shares at these prices
texansfan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-24-2015, 08:39 PM   #2625
wtx223
Ten Point

Hunt In: TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan View Post
Ouch!!!
That hurt me bad

Brave man.
Good luck.
wtx223 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-24-2015, 09:06 PM   #2626
bphillips
Pope & Young

Quote:
Ouch!!!
That hurt me bad
Yea I'm too far in to let mine go now and am real tempted to pick up more but I wanna watch it some more
Old 08-24-2015, 09:15 PM   #2627
RR 314
Ten Point

Quote:
Ouch!!!
That hurt me bad
Oooooof. Good luck. I rode it up--sold some--and am riding it down. Alea jacta est.
Old 08-24-2015, 09:17 PM   #2628
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia

Prayers for you guys!!!! Very sad to hear and watch. I know a few fellas that have lost out this go round.
Bad deal all the way around. This is exactly how my grandfather, who worked the fields for many years, ended up working for DOW chemical in Freeport Tx. instead of staying in Electra Texas on the family ranch, where he was born and raised.
I hate my real job but I thank GOD for it daily....
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-25-2015, 09:24 AM   #2629
Michael
Administrator

Hunt In: Webb, LaSalle, Lavaca

Y'all are going to make it harder for me to keep my oilfield sales job for spending so much time deleting/moderating this thread instead of selling bits!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-25-2015, 09:27 AM   #2630
bphillips
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
Y'all are going to make it harder for me to keep my oilfield sales job for spending so much time deleting/moderating this thread instead of selling bits!
Sorry.. I know this thread has definitely tested your patience a few times but its mostly good in here
Old 08-25-2015, 09:30 AM   #2631
KR-oldmexico
Pope & Young

Quote:

Sorry I knew when I posted those comments that I'd be in trouble!!!!. However I meant all of it and it's hard when we are sending folks home and it affecting their well being!!

Thanks and keep hammering el Jefe!
Old 08-25-2015, 09:42 AM   #2632
Artos
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Deep South TX

Quote:
Sorry I knew when I posted those comments that I'd be in trouble!!!!. However I meant all of it and it's hard when we are sending folks home and it affecting their well being!!
Man, I'm sorry amigo...one of the worst jobs a boss has is letting good people go. Lots of people affected on those decisions / actions.

Chin up!!
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-25-2015, 09:44 AM   #2633
KR-oldmexico
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
Man, I'm sorry amigo...one of the worst jobs a boss has is letting good people go. Lots of people affected on those decisions / actions.

Chin up!!

Yep thanks brother
Old 08-25-2015, 10:58 AM   #2634
Michael
Administrator

Hunt In: Webb, LaSalle, Lavaca

Quote:

Thanks and keep hammering el Jefe!
I've been in a similar position of having to let good people go, and I don't envy you. Hang in there.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-25-2015, 11:14 AM   #2635
KR-oldmexico
Pope & Young

Quote:
I've been in a similar position of having to let good people go, and I don't envy you. Hang in there.

Yes sir thanks!
Old 08-25-2015, 04:31 PM   #2636
Skinny
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Montague County

It's all good. Hard working men always end up in a good spot.
Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-26-2015, 06:31 AM   #2637
boh347
Pope & Young

Hunt In: coke county, tx

boh347 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-26-2015, 07:08 AM   #2638
JW
Banned!!!

Hunt In: Texas, Oklahoma, Kentucky

Whoa whoa man. You can't let facts get in the way of some folks ignorance.
JW is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-26-2015, 08:28 AM   #2639
txjustin
Ten Point

Hunt In: Fort Bend and Brazoria Counties

Well, SLB gobbling up Cameron...

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...are?cmpid=yhoo
txjustin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-26-2015, 08:59 AM   #2640
Simple Man
Eight Point

Hunt In: Jasper County

I feel bad for the Cameron folks. I went through that a couple of times and it's not fun.
Simple Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-26-2015, 09:15 AM   #2641
tgridley
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hays County

Yep history repeats it's self.
tgridley is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-26-2015, 10:59 AM   #2642
JW
Banned!!!

Hunt In: Texas, Oklahoma, Kentucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgridley View Post
Yep history repeats it's self.

It is self????
JW is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-27-2015, 08:39 AM   #2643
Steelforce 15
Four Point

Hunt In: DCNF, LOTP, East Tx

Cameron hand here..nobody knows what's going to happen, hopefully it'll end positive, a lot of hard working people out here that are just trying to provide for their families..I've been in industrial field 17 yrs..sawmills, steel shops, and oilfield..hasn't been easy trying to find work/family balance throughout the industrial field
Steelforce 15 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-27-2015, 08:45 AM   #2644
txoutdoorsman24
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Kimble & Fayette county. And now Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelforce 15 View Post
Cameron hand here..nobody knows what's going to happen, hopefully it'll end positive, a lot of hard working people out here that are just trying to provide for their families..I've been in industrial field 17 yrs..sawmills, steel shops, and oilfield..hasn't been easy trying to find work/family balance throughout the industrial field
Keep your head up. Hope everything comes out good for ya brother
txoutdoorsman24 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-27-2015, 08:45 AM   #2645
Steelforce 15
Four Point

It's really sad our everyday life is subject to what another country is doing on the other side of the world..greed has also been a major factor in this..energy independence would be nice
Old 08-27-2015, 08:52 AM   #2646
Steelforce 15
Four Point

Thanks txoutdoorsman24..man its all going to workout, thankful to be healthy and able right now, we've got to remember there's a bigger plan for us all..only he knows the outcome
Old 08-27-2015, 10:13 AM   #2647
txoutdoorsman24
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Kimble & Fayette county. And now Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelforce 15 View Post
Thanks txoutdoorsman24..man its all going to workout, thankful to be healthy and able right now, we've got to remember there's a bigger plan for us all..only he knows the outcome
I hear us man.
txoutdoorsman24 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-27-2015, 10:25 AM   #2648
bphillips
Pope & Young

Having a nice gain today so far
Old 08-27-2015, 10:56 AM   #2649
Robert
Eight Point

Only 40.00 more to go
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-27-2015, 12:13 PM   #2650
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

up over 8%. I'm ready to pay $3.00/gallon again.