Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 12-18-2014, 08:00 PM   #551
txwhitetail
Ten Point

Hunt In: Irion Co

Quote:
Originally Posted by holepuncher View Post
I understand that American Oil is sold on the open market to the highest bidder? If that is case it dont seem to bother you where you sell it, why should it bother you where I buy it?
Export Ban
txwhitetail is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-18-2014, 08:40 PM   #552
BrandonA
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County

What's interesting is yes I like that $25 dollars I am saving per fill up... That's 300-400 a month in savings for me. That savings multiplied throughout the us economy is about 200 million a day. Of course those closest to the pain hurt the most but there are millions of Americans who are benefiting from low fuel prices. These same American consumers will spend those dollars and put it back into the economy. The **** hole towns of south texas will revert back to **** holes same as the rest of the **** holes across the state and country. Hopefully the old timers and savvy saved and enjoyed the boom.
BrandonA is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-18-2014, 08:44 PM   #553
Samson
Eight Point

Hunt In: Willow City, Travis County

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonA View Post
What's interesting is yes I like that $25 dollars I am saving per fill up... That's 300-400 a month in savings for me. That savings multiplied throughout the us economy is about 200 million a day. Of course those closest to the pain hurt the most but there are millions of Americans who are benefiting from low fuel prices. These same American consumers will spend those dollars and put it back into the economy. The **** hole towns of south texas will revert back to **** holes same as the rest of the **** holes across the state and country. Hopefully the old timers and savvy saved and enjoyed the boom.
True Story
Samson is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-18-2014, 08:46 PM   #554
kyle1974
Pope & Young

Hunt In: McMullen / Refugio

200 million a day in savings, for roughly 200 million drivers?

$1 a day savings per driver in this country... yeah, that'll turn things around.

plenty of irony floating around... banks are too big to fail and get the bailouts. oilfield is just a "minimal" impact to the economy.

it will be tough to watch, but if larger companies start to default on loans that were taken over the past 5 years, maybe other people will open their eyes.

Last edited by kyle1974; 12-18-2014 at 08:53 PM..
kyle1974 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-18-2014, 08:56 PM   #555
trophy8
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by expressfish View Post
o come'on, there's lots of other people out there that can slap that $100 bill out too. Oil field isnt the only place to make a dollar. Its todays nickle and dime
Quote:
And the oilfield arrogance is why many want it fail. And to think the economy can't flourish without big oil at ridiculous levels please explain the 90's for me.
You dont say?!

I am FAR from arrogant with my money. I do not feel i am rich. Nor do i feel that i make loads of money. I am blessed to make a comfortable living and i try my best to save and not live beyond my means. I do however, joke about it when ignorant people make dumbass statements. And will continue to do so
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle1974 View Post
Oilfield trash is a term of endearment. I use it and embrace it.
Upper middle class white trash maybe?
trophy8 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-18-2014, 08:57 PM   #556
BrandonA
Pope & Young

Quote:
200 million a day in savings, for roughly 200 million drivers?

$1 a day savings per driver in this country... yeah, that'll turn things around.
Not going to get into pissing contest with you. Doesn't matter who drives or not $200 million is $200 million . Multiply that out by 365 days . That does make a difference In any economy. Take some economic courses.
Old 12-18-2014, 09:01 PM   #557
BrandonA
Pope & Young

That's $73,000,000,000.00 being saved per year.
Old 12-18-2014, 09:08 PM   #558
kyle1974
Pope & Young

Default Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Doesn't matter that billions in salaries are taken out of the economy?

I guess I better hold on to my investments. The market is about to take off like a rocket! LOL

"Take some economic courses".... Who is it that was responsible for the banking failures in the last few years? And you said people in the oilfield were arrogant?
Old 12-18-2014, 09:15 PM   #559
BrandonA
Pope & Young

Quote:
Doesn't matter that billions in salaries are taken out of the economy?

I guess I better hold on to my investments. The market is about to take off like a rocket! LOL

"Take some economic courses".... Who is it that was responsible for the banking failures in the last few years? And you said people in the oilfield were arrogant?
Arrogance is in all fields. I could go into detail over the failures and cause of the banking world.
Old 12-18-2014, 09:19 PM   #560
JMalin
Banned!!!

Hunt In: Gillespie and Edwards County

What a bunch of nancies!

Signed, a wireline hand
JMalin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-18-2014, 09:24 PM   #561
trophy8
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMalin View Post
What a bunch of nancies!

Signed, a wireline hand
Lmfao. Hard to breathe with your head so far up there? I bet the smell is awful.
Old 12-18-2014, 09:44 PM   #562
brushtrooper
Ten Point

Hunt In: South Texas

Quote:
Arrogance is in all fields. I could go into detail over the failures and cause of the banking world.
Should provide an interesting read of your opinion, if you care to share. Oil booms are just that with alot of history to support. Boom is over for the most part. You have to admit though, nothing pumps the economy up like an oil boom....
brushtrooper is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-18-2014, 10:02 PM   #563
Slew
Pope & Young

Hunt In: all over

I just wish some of the younger ones would have saved some money. Reminds me of new storm adjusters. Remember seeing new jacked up diesel truck, Harley's , and offshore boats in the Offc parking lot back in 2004 and 2005 and then half of em were repo'd in 2006. Quoted a guy the other day that makes over 200k a year and I said hell save 15pxt and pay it in full for $2k a year. He looked at me like I was crazy and said I don't have that much in savings! Well your living way the hell outside your means my friend! When I chased storms alot I kept 2 years worth of savings in the bank. I could fish Fork and enjoy life for a year at a time no worried why everybody else was crying and parking their truck in the neighbors garage to dodge the repo man. Never stayed at home more than 8 months but that's cause I didn't work winters and said no alot. Killed alot of ducks and caught oodles of crappie though!!!
Slew is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-18-2014, 10:05 PM   #564
BrandonA
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushtrooper View Post
Should provide an interesting read of your opinion, if you care to share. Oil booms are just that with alot of history to support. Boom is over for the most part. You have to admit though, nothing pumps the economy up like an oil boom....
That deserves another thread but the Glass Stegall act and the Clinton administration opened up Pandora's box. The banking part of Wall Street and the investment side of Wall Street should have never met
Old 12-19-2014, 06:07 AM   #565
kyle1974
Pope & Young

Quote:
What a bunch of nancies!

Signed, a short term wireline hand

There. I fixed it for you.
Old 12-19-2014, 06:19 AM   #566
Skinny
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Montague County

Everything will be alright

Last edited by Skinny; 12-19-2014 at 06:23 AM..
Skinny is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-19-2014, 06:57 AM   #567
Todd-ty729
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Irion County and formerly Mexico

Quote:
My company spends a lot of money every month on fuel in our service vans.

The savings for us is very significant. Got a lot of making up to do because the way fuel shot up in a relatively short time and stayed that way for the last 4-5 years. High fuel costs took away spending in other areas.

I do not think my business saw a benefit to the oil boom but we sacrificed spending money in other areas to keep on the road.

The high price of fuel hurt more than it benefited as far as I can tell in my neck of the woods!

We can see more from oil related jobs in Texas but for the majority of the country, it has not been that way.
Todd-ty729 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-19-2014, 08:35 AM   #568
KR-oldmexico
Pope & Young

Hunt In: South Texas & Old Mexico

Quote:
And the oilfield arrogance is why many want it fail. And to think the economy can't flourish without big oil at ridiculous levels please explain the 90's for me.
Quote:
You sure seem to be taking this personal!

And why would anyone want any industry to fall or fail!

There are a lot of great people in the oilfield! We are a very large close knit family that bust their *** everyday working more hours than most could imagine in any and every condition sleet, snow, rain or shine.......

I have 175 employees most all of which are married and have At least one child....... So you do the math on how many mouths we feed each and every day with in our little company....... No matter what your opinion is, it's pretty chicken **** for you to "wish" our industry will fail.......

No matter what you think and for that matter, no matter what any of us think, this will effect our economy in a negative way!

No matter what happens us oilfield trash boys and **** hole town boys will find another way to grind our nose and work our *** off so you city boys can enjoy walking in your house turning the switch and your lights come on, getting in your car turning the key and it cranking and propelling you down the road to the pump!

I hope whatever it is you do continues to thrive and we wish you the best!

We gonna keep hammering and hang on as long as we can............ FYI..... I don't think this is going to last long! I'm predicting "based on what I've been told by some that seem to know" that we will see $80 oil by June 2015...... Hopefully it will stay there as everyone can win at $80 per barrel

Last edited by KR-oldmexico; 12-19-2014 at 08:38 AM..
KR-oldmexico is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-19-2014, 08:42 AM   #569
BrandonA
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by KR-oldmexico View Post
You sure seem to be taking this personal!

And why would anyone want any industry to fall or fail!

There are a lot of great people in the oilfield! We are a very large close knit family that bust their *** everyday working more hours than most could imagine in any and every condition sleet, snow, rain or shine.......

I have 175 employees most all of which are married and have At least one child....... So you do the math on how many mouths we feed each and every day with in our little company....... No matter what your opinion is, it's pretty chicken **** for you to "wish" our industry will fail.......

No matter what you think and for that matter, no matter what any of us think, this will effect our economy in a negative way!

No matter what happens us oilfield trash boys and **** hole town boys will find another way to grind our nose and work our *** off so you city boys can enjoy walking in your house turning the switch and your lights come on, getting in your car turning the key and it cranking and propelling you down the road to the pump!

I hope whatever it is you do continues to thrive and we wish you the best!

We gonna keep hammering and hang on as long as we can............ FYI..... I don't think this is going to last long! I'm predicting "based on what I've been told by some that seem to know" that we will see $80 oil by June 2015...... Hopefully it will stay there as everyone can win at $80 per barrel

Nope not taking it personal at all. Just find it very interesting. And no I don't want an industry any industry to fail but I am not naive to think the oil industry is immubne to cycles. Oh and I have never lived in a city either. And I also agree with you on the happy median with oil prices. My guess would be 75-85.

Last edited by BrandonA; 12-19-2014 at 08:45 AM..
Old 12-19-2014, 08:56 AM   #570
KR-oldmexico
Pope & Young

Quote:
Nope not taking it personal at all. Just find it very interesting. And no I don't want an industry any industry to fail but I am not naive to think the oil industry is immubne to cycles. Oh and I have never lived in a city either. And I also agree with you on the happy median with oil prices. My guess would be 75-85.
Quote:
I don't believe anyone has said or debated anything pertaining being naive about oil industry cycles..... This has been a discussion about a bust and the effect on the economy!

I agree with you and I promise you a level steady $75 to $85 oil is great for everyone. I can assure you I can forecast, budget and stream line my business much easier and feel more comfortable with a stable market....... Much the same and what would pale in comparison to the extent as to the ease and stability of major oil companies and their stockholders..... $100 + bbl oil is no good long term for anyone IMO!

Btw you basically live in Austin IMO so yes you are considered a city boy and looks like they are rubbing off on you! LOL I kid I kid..... Kinda
Old 12-19-2014, 08:59 AM   #571
BrandonA
Pope & Young

Quote:
Btw you basically live in Austin IMO so yes you are considered a city boy and looks like they are rubbing off on you! LOL I kid I kid..... Kinda
Ok now thats taking it to far!!! I graduated from Llano and remember Marble Falls when we had one stop light!!! And Llano is so country the family trees dont even have forks in them.
Old 12-19-2014, 09:08 AM   #572
KR-oldmexico
Pope & Young

Quote:
Ok now thats taking it to far!!! I graduated from Llano and remember Marble Falls when we had one stop light!!! And Llano is so country the family trees dont even have forks in them.
LOL!

It's amazing how that area has grown! And I understand the tree that doesn't fork.... I'm loving my country arse living and feel for you guys living near that jungle!
Old 12-19-2014, 09:35 AM   #573
CaptRyan
Six Point

I'm a petroleum landman and I just got the call today.....

I got a raise and my project is funded through 2017.
CaptRyan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-19-2014, 09:38 AM   #574
haas0311
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Anywhere Possible.

Still looking...
haas0311 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-19-2014, 01:25 PM   #575
Skinny
Pope & Young

The company I work for has been though the low oil price cycle before and we came out better than we were going in...I expect the exact same thing for this cycle.

Skinny
Old 12-19-2014, 01:30 PM   #576
BrandonA
Pope & Young

Quote:
LOL!

It's amazing how that area has grown! And I understand the tree that doesn't fork.... I'm loving my country arse living and feel for you guys living near that jungle!
I live in the big city of Oatmeal on a couple hundred acres. Nice not hearing cars and stuff.
Old 12-19-2014, 05:19 PM   #577
WCI
Ten Point

I believe this thread was started back some years ago. Very good advice was offered then and also now. Please take my 5th generation oilfield advice also as stated before save save save. The oilfield is slowing now. It WILL be back blowing and going again the problem is only when is that to happpen. Can you last it out? I also have witnessed all the spending on the up times and have done my share of it. Ask any 50+ year old oilfielder for the advice that is necessary to survive. I watched many great "Hands" kicking rocks in the late 80's boys. I now see younglings living it up to the extreme. Yes, you have earned the right to spend as you choose but better have something to fall back on when the guaranteed slowdown occurs. This is not nearly as bad as it gets. I have made plenty and lost more. Missed my kidos growing up but they never did without. Kids are now grown and wife is long gone (good). Just the dogs and me now. I ask myself was it truely all worth it?

HELL yes it was cause either you oilfield or you not. Kelly down, Lets get it boys..
WCI is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-19-2014, 05:22 PM   #578
super_dave
Pope & Young

Hunt In: NW Smith County

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCI View Post
I believe this thread was started back some years ago. Very good advice was offered then and also now. Please take my 5th generation oilfield advice also as stated before save save save. The oilfield is slowing now. It WILL be back blowing and going again the problem is only when is that to happpen. Can you last it out? I also have witnessed all the spending on the up times and have done my share of it. Ask any 50+ year old oilfielder for the advice that is necessary to survive. I watched many great "Hands" kicking rocks in the late 80's boys. I now see younglings living it up to the extreme. Yes, you have earned the right to spend as you choose but better have something to fall back on when the guaranteed slowdown occurs. This is not nearly as bad as it gets. I have made plenty and lost more. Missed my kidos growing up but they never did without. Kids are now grown and wife is long gone (good). Just the dogs and me now. I ask myself was it truely all worth it?

HELL yes it was cause either you oilfield or you not. Kelly down, Lets get it boys..

Naw. September but I agree nonetheless
super_dave is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-19-2014, 06:11 PM   #579
TradAg02
Ten Point

What is the pay range for these young hands living beyond their means that yall keep referring to?
TradAg02 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-19-2014, 06:16 PM   #580
bphillips
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Schleicher, Tom Green Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TradAg02 View Post
What is the pay range for these young hands living beyond their means that yall keep referring to?
Starting from the bottom around $80k/yr to a few I know under 30 making over $400k... Huge range but the 80-120 guys seem to live it up a bit more than they should I know from experience because I was one that went flat a few years ago
bphillips is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-19-2014, 06:39 PM   #581
TxAg
Pope & Young

Oil the 'Big Unknown' for 2015 Texas Housing Market
COLLEGE STATION (Real Estate Center) – The Texas housing market is poised to start 2015 off strong, says a housing market expert with the Real Estate Center at Texas A&M University. However, one key variable will impact the market in the second half of the year: oil.

“Oil prices are the number one issue facing the Texas housing market next year,” said Center Research Economist Dr. Jim Gaines on this week's Real Estate Red Zone podcast. “It’s the big unknown. In the last six months the price for West Texas intermediate crude has gone down almost 50 percent, from about $107 per barrel to around $53 per barrel. The question remains: what does that mean for Texas?”

Gaines said he expects low oil prices will begin taking their toll on the state economy and housing during the second quarter.

“The first half of the year I doubt we’ll see layoffs or much job loss,” he said. “What we do expect to see in the second half are cutbacks in drilling activity and capital budgets on upstream operations (exploration and drilling) and a decline in the rate of new jobs being created.”

Gaines said the cutback in drilling on the exploration and production side will be partially offset by capital construction in downstream operations (refining and processing), particularly in petrochemicals and other industries that benefit from low energy prices, as well as growth in the overall national economy.

“So one end of the spectrum gets hurt by low prices, and the other end gets helped,” he said. “Nobody knows how that’s going to balance out at this point. It’s unclear to almost every economist that we talk to or follow. First of all, we don’t know how low oil prices are going to go. There’s a very real possibility that prices will continue to fall for the next few months. We don’t know how far. We also don’t know how long they’ll stay down. That’ll make a big difference.

“In general, the national economy is helped by lower oil and gasoline prices. And Texas gets buoyed up by a better national economy. So there are a lot of things going on here that we’re going to have to keep our eye on.”

On the whole, though, Gaines said he expects the state’s housing market will be fine in 2015, but subject to a new category of unknowns.

“I don’t think it’ll collapse or anything,” he said, “but it might start to trail off during the second half of the year. If we do as well next year as we did this year, it will be a great year. But even if it declines, hopefully it won’t be more than a small percentage.”
TxAg is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-19-2014, 09:36 PM   #582
txjustin
Ten Point

Hunt In: Fort Bend and Brazoria Counties

Quote:
Originally Posted by TradAg02 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bphillips View Post
Starting from the bottom around $80k/yr to a few I know under 30 making over $400k... Huge range but the 80-120 guys seem to live it up a bit more than they should I know from experience because I was one that went flat a few years ago
Most of those i know that work in the field make in the 80-120 range, but are never home. In other words, make like $10/hour if you were to average it out (I'm being facetious, but you get my drift).
txjustin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-20-2014, 06:45 AM   #583
bphillips
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by txjustin View Post
Most of those i know that work in the field make in the 80-120 range, but are never home. In other words, make like $10/hour if you were to average it out (I'm being facetious, but you get my drift).
Most of those guys I know work a 7on 7off schedule to make that. Lots of money to work half a year and probably get more actual time home than someone working a regular job.
Old 12-20-2014, 12:55 PM   #584
panhandlehunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brazoria, Matagorda & Kinney Counties

Quote:
Most of those guys I know work a 7on 7off schedule to make that. Lots of money to work half a year and probably get more actual time home than someone working a regular job.

What would say the average hourly wage is?
panhandlehunter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-20-2014, 01:15 PM   #585
bphillips
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by panhandlehunter View Post
$22 could be more

Oilfield covers tons of different types of work. I've worked rough necking jobs that varied from $16-$24/hr and then up to where I am now.

Last edited by bphillips; 12-20-2014 at 01:18 PM..
Old 12-20-2014, 01:28 PM   #586
Skinny
Pope & Young

Quote:

I work in production. The range is approx. $18-$45/hr depending on whether you are a contract hand or company hand, and how long you've been working for the company/promotions/etc.

If you are with the right company, you have everything you need for the job provided for you...truck, fuel card, tools, phone, computer, FRC...not to mention great benefits for you and your family. I don't make the money the guys working away from home do, but if I added up all the extras plus being home every night, it's plenty to call it a great career.

Last edited by Skinny; 12-20-2014 at 01:54 PM..
Old 12-20-2014, 08:17 PM   #587
JMalin
Banned!!!

Hunt In: Gillespie and Edwards County

I'm over 100 hours for the week. In all honesty, I hope it slows down.

Last edited by JMalin; 12-20-2014 at 08:20 PM..
JMalin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-20-2014, 08:30 PM   #588
BowOnly81
Pope & Young

Hunt In: SHNF

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCI View Post

When in doubt, rotate it out!
BowOnly81 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-20-2014, 08:37 PM   #589
hoyt21
Ten Point

Hunt In: Ben Bolt, Tx

Quote:
Why not work at wal mart..... This life ain't for everyone.
hoyt21 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-20-2014, 08:39 PM   #590
trophy8
Pope & Young

Quote:
I saw what you said before you edited it.

If you dont feel safe doing it, then dont. Its simple. Ill quit my job on the spot before i ever get forced to do something i am uncomfortable with safety wise.
Old 12-20-2014, 08:39 PM   #591
trophy8
Pope & Young

Quote:
Old 12-20-2014, 08:55 PM   #592
panhandlehunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brazoria, Matagorda & Kinney Counties

Man that's a lot of hours. Way too many for me. Lol. I like 40 a week. I'm just thankful that I don't have to work like that to make a living.
panhandlehunter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-20-2014, 09:40 PM   #593
bphillips
Pope & Young

Quote:
Man that's a lot of hours. Way too many for me. Lol. I like 40 a week. I'm just thankful that I don't have to work like that to make a living.
84hrs a week then off the next. I would take that over 40 every week anyday
Old 12-20-2014, 11:00 PM   #594
BIG IRON
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Not sure yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
I just don' see how any one with a family of 5 can survive on less than 100K family income with current price of living.
That is one of the most jackass posts I have ever seen on TBH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLB View Post
That's why I make the big bucks son.....I get paid from the neck up!!

See above

I never said not to save money, I never said it might not ever dry up.....I said it wasn't going to come to a screeching halt like it did in 1982....and unless you have a crystal ball, you're opinion is no different than mine.....an opinion.

Rig contractors got burned in the 80's.....not gonna happen again. Carry on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffJ View Post
Dad and I were just talking about all the one year old diesels with low miles that will be owned by the banks soon.
I need a slightly used bay boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by M16 View Post
I know a guy who makes the big bucks cause they pay him from the neck up that says you wrong!

Quote:
And greenspan's monetary easing during the collapse of the tech bubble had nothing to do with oil's run from $20 to $150 from 2000 to 2008. Okay
I wish I knew it all when I was your age
BIG IRON is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-20-2014, 11:05 PM   #595
Skinny
Pope & Young

Yeah. Y'all monkeys better save up. Your gig will end soon. I'll be around till the end. Good luck monkeys.
Old 12-20-2014, 11:58 PM   #596
BIG IRON
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Not sure yet

Quote:
My company buys my gas. The less they spend the more they have for commissions and salaries. I guess we are one of those that are not affected by the O & G market in a bad way.We are a contractor that rehabs properties for Fannie Mae. We are just a small company trying to make our way in this cruel world and every little bit helps.
BIG IRON is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-21-2014, 12:16 AM   #597
KR-oldmexico
Pope & Young

Quote:
BOY!!!! You are something else! I haven't seen a post you've made yet that......... Well never mind you'll figure it out one of these days!
Old 12-21-2014, 01:19 AM   #598
Burnadell
Pope & Young

Quote:
Please explain your hours. You posted this on Friday, so you work more than 20 hours a day...or did I miscalculate?

What exactly do you do and what are your hours?
Burnadell is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-21-2014, 02:02 AM   #599
texas bound
Ten Point

Hunt In: OK and Texas public land

With all the talk of how the low oil prices will hurt the economy. Can someone explain why the stock market has been climbing and just had the best day in 3 years. Doesn't seem to be killing it yet. Also I work for the biggest railroad in country and our car loadings are still climbing. So as of right now I'm not seeing it hurting the economy.
texas bound is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-21-2014, 05:47 AM   #600
Skinny
Pope & Young

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny View Post
Yeah. Y'all monkeys better save up. Your gig will end soon. I'll be around till the end. Good luck monkeys.

Woops!!!! My post was supposed to quote this fella. Lol. Dang Crown. Yee Yee.