Grim reaper wt special

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grim reaper wt special

I ordered wt special on accident and was wondering if my bow will get it done.it says for high ke bows.... 30 in draw 65# pull. Fmj arrows

Thanks for the input

Yep sure will. I use them at 65 and no problems.

Comment

Easily. I took down a ram with one a few months ago only pulling 55 pounds and a 27" draw. He only went 10 yards.

Comment

Originally posted by SabineRR View Post
        Easily. I took down a ram with one a few months ago only pulling 55 pounds and a 27" draw. He only went 10 yards.
        With the big 2 in blades?

Comment

No problem

Comment

Yes ! I have a 30" draw and killed several deer with the 2", shooting Flatlines at about the same weight. Those Flatlines zipped right on through, so those FMJ'S will just hammer em.

And, to clarify, I believe it's recommended to have 65# KE, not necessarily draw weight

Comment

They should be perfect

Comment

No Problem, works like a champ

Comment

cool thanks! Only a few days left!

Comment

Not to hijack this thread but I had a Grim Reaper question and didn't want to start a new thread for it, just figured I would tag onto this one. I bought a pack today and am planning on using them this weekend and had a question. If you do not have them on your arrow I guess you have to put that plastic piece that comes on it so the spring, cup and blades do not fall off the head?

Thanks for the help.
                    Last edited by Rounder; 10-24-2012, 08:25 PM.

Comment

As long as you make sure too keep all the pieces together you will be fine. I wouldn't take the plastic off until you are ready to put them on your arrows, there are a few small pieces that are easy to loose. Make sure to open and close the blades a couple times once they are on your arrow to make sure everything will go smoothly.

Comment

Originally posted by Rounder View Post
                        Not to hijack this thread but I had a Grim Reaper question and didn't want to start a new thread for it, just figured I would tag onto this one. I bought a pack today and am planning on using them this weekend and had a question. If you do not have them on your arrow I guess you have to put that plastic piece that comes on it so the spring, cup and blades do not fall off the head?

Thanks for the help.
                        I just use an old insert. Next time you buy arrows, and have em cut, just keep the pieces and put inserts in each end. Makes a great reaper holder

Comment

Originally posted by txriddle17 View Post
                          As long as you make sure too keep all the pieces together you will be fine. I wouldn't take the plastic off until you are ready to put them on your arrows, there are a few small pieces that are easy to loose. Make sure to open and close the blades a couple times once they are on your arrow to make sure everything will go smoothly.
                          So I guess it's best to store them on your arrow so you don't lose all the parts that could fall off if you took it off your arrow and it didn't have anything to hold the peices on there?

I feel kind of dumb asking this question but I just want to make sure that is how they are supposed to be since I've never shot them before and it seemed kind of weird that all those parts could just slide off.

Thanks.

Comment

I keep mine on my arrows that I hunt with but I do have 2 that are in my broadhead box without the plastic. As long as you keep track of the pieces you will be in good shape

Comment

If you want to store them,buy a few inserts that would usually go in an arrow and screw them on the Broadheads. Problem solved.

Comment

Working...
                              X