No announcement yet.

Why I’m leaving slicktrick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All goes back to shot placement if you ask me.

Comment

Lol. If they needed a tracking dog they didn’t do their part to begin with. Still not a Broadhead issue

Comment

Forums are awesome. I bet at least one or two people on here **** diving slick trick hasn’t even killed an animal with one [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
          Lol. If they needed a tracking dog they didn’t do their part to begin with. Still not a Broadhead issue
          Well you are kinda missing the point. Whether good shot placement or bad shot placement they have a strong history of leaving very little sign.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
            Slick trick should leave the shooter.

There’s not a broadhead made that will compensate for poor shooting.

Comment

If it left good trail most wouldn’t need a dog . I won’t agree the fact that some may or may not have good trails. A good trail is subjective anyway. I’ll argue that if you shoot a deer in the lungs with one.... or any Broadhead... or a $&&%ing hand chipped rock the deer will die and leave enough blood for most to follow. The op.... didn’t make that shot and is bashing a product that didn’t fail. That’s my only argue on this thread

I’m not a ramcat guy. Don’t dislike them just don’t prefer them and if this thread was started about them or rage whatever with info provided I’d use the same argument. Broadhead didn’t fail

I for one have never had a dull one or one not do it’s intend job

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                Forums are awesome. I bet at least one or two people on here **** diving slick trick hasn’t even killed an animal with one [emoji23]

Wrong. No matter the head, all will dull on impact. ST heads cut a big hole, and stay as sharp as any other affordable broadhead. If you choose to shoot an “elite” broadhead, because you justify the price, please don’t bash a good affordable head. I’ve shot a multitude of heads, and killed lots of animals with them, fixed, and mechanicals. Not once, have I lost an animal due to the broadhead. All lost animals or poor blood trails were due to shot placement errors on my part.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                  Wrong. No matter the head, all will dull on impact. ST heads cut a big hole, and stay as sharp as any other affordable broadhead. If you choose to shoot an “elite” broadhead, because you justify the price, please don’t bash a good affordable head. I’ve shot a multitude of heads, and killed lots of animals with them, fixed, and mechanicals. Not once, have I lost an animal due to the broadhead. All lost animals or poor blood trails were due to shot placement errors on my part.

So you know everyone replying? You know that all of them have killed animals with a trick?

Comment

So you know everyone replying? You know that all of them have killed animals with a trick?

Many here

Comment

*** are you asking? I’m stating my experience with different heads and totally different setups. My wife shoots 45 lbs st 25” draw, and under 300
                      Grains of arrow weight. Slick Trick 85 grains. I shoot 65 lbs@ 28 “ draw and several different heads, including ST. Never had a lost animal due to the broadhead.

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
                        Years ago I shot maybe 10-12 deer with ST's and never even had a decent bloodtrail. Not.once.

And I know the guys with deer dogs don't like them either because of the common lack of sign.

Those comments have nothing to do with the OP. Carry on.
                        Agreed and I also used the qad exodus and just wasn’t pumped about the blood trails. I’m just a mechanical whore now

Comment

This has got to be the first time I've seen anyone complain about a broadhead on a pass thru...

Comment

it happens. don't get discouraged as it will happen to most everyone that bowhunts.
                            Last edited by stickerpatch59; 10-13-2018, 07:33 PM.

Comment

So did you shoot her again.?

Comment

Interesting...

My personal experience.
                                I have recovered every deer (40+) and elk (6) I have shot with a slicktrick..had a couple poor blood trails and have also had some incredible blood trails.

I have lost 1 deer and 1 Axis each shot with a Rage.

Comment

Working...
                                X