No announcement yet.

Borderlands Photo Safari... Brainstorm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm looking forward to viewing this epic photo journey! Bring home some keepers.

Comment

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
      I need a another 32 gig card mainly because I don't want to risk my one card failing.

Cameron just bought a new apple laptop today.

Casey got a new tripod and a go pro.

If we decide to hike Livermore, you might want to think about a camelback for water. They suggest we carry a gallon per person.
      FYI - If you're looking for SD cards Best Buy has a high quality 32GB Sandisk for $34.00, I think it's normally $80 or so. I picked one up yesterday.

I'm looking into a new tripod, mine is pretty cheesy. I also just bought some light gels and I'm going to snag some little flashlights for a project I have in mind. I've been inspired.

Comment

Originally posted by Cameron View Post
        FYI - If you're looking for SD cards Best Buy has a high quality 32GB Sandisk for $34.00, I think it's normally $80 or so. I picked one up yesterday.

I'm looking into a new tripod, mine is pretty cheesy. I also just bought some light gels and I'm going to snag some little flashlights for a project I have in mind. I've been inspired.
        I have a heavy duty tripod that y'all can borrow. It's not suitable for hiking, but for short forays from the truck, it would work great.

Oh, and have fun! Seriously looking forward to some high quality pixels!

Comment

If I decide to rent a big boy lens...which do y'all recommend?

Comment

Originally posted by Mary View Post
            What lenses do you currently have?

Comment

Originally posted by Mary View Post
              I'd go for wide angle 2.8. Just tell the guys at the rental place what your goal is and they will hook you up. You shouldn't need a big zoom for this because we will not do a lot of sitting and zooming on birds, deer, etc.

You want wide in the 11-12 mm range on the low end and maybe 16-24 on the high end.

Also, make sure it is the same size as your polarizer or be prepared to buy a second one.

Comment

Definitely stop by and see John Wells. I've met him a couple of times when he bought material from us at Mueller. He use to be a fashion photographer in New York and is a real cool guy.

Life off the grid in the SW Texas desert. An experiment in sustainable living. NUMBERS AT THE END OF EACH BLOG POST: temp at 8PM,high temp,low temp,rainfall,wind conditions(CalmBreezyWindyGusty). YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/c/TheFieldLab Daily live streams at https://www.youtube.com/thefieldlab/live

Wish I wasn't working that weekend. I would head down that way and show y'all around my Inlaws ranch south of Alpine.

Comment

Mary
                  That reducer I have goes from 77 to 67. Not sure it helps you?

Comment

I hunted the Coal Mine Ranch for 18 years. It is on the drive you are taking. Marfa area, Sierra Vieja Mountains.

Has a nice house and is very private. I could ask if you folks want me to......

Comment

The 12th picture is of the Plaque that marks where the B1B crashed. I was there and need to tell the story here one day.
                      The second pict is the train tunnel they carved out by hand back when the short line train started moving coal out.

Comment

Originally posted by thorthunder View Post
                        The 12th picture is of the Plaque that marks where the B1B crashed. I was there and need to tell the story here one day.
                        The second pict is the train tunnel they carved out by hand back when the short line train started moving coal out.
                        I remember that. Sad news for Abilene and Dyess.

Comment

Steven, pm sent.....☺

Comment

Thorthunder

Wow!

Just might have to get back out there and dedicate a long weekend to that ranch.

Thanks a lot for the offer on a gate pass but we are already going to be pressed to cover the goals we have in 4 days (two days being the road trips out and back and one day on the Davis mountain Nature Conservancy preserve).

Tuco

I'll see what I can do!

TeTechBowhunter

Tell us more about John Wells. Looks like a good quick stop.
                            Last edited by Legdog; 04-29-2012, 07:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                              Mary
                              That reducer I have goes from 77 to 67. Not sure it helps you?
                              Too big...I'm 72 to 67. Thanks though!

Comment

Originally posted by Legdog View Post

TeTechBowhunter

Tell us more about John Wells. Looks like a good quick stop.
                                John gave up the big city and luxuries of New York. He moved off the grid to Terlingua and is trying to become completely self sustainable. He is building a structure out of shipping containers that will be a greenhouse and his living quarters.

Comment

Working...
                                X