Corn/Protein pricing @ Gorman mills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maglite View Post
    Russ, if you go there tomorrow get a few bags of peas!! we can put some in a few places Plus I need a few to plant anyway!! Ill bring you some cash tomorrow at the lease!
    Do I have to do every thing for you?

We are done for a while with feed after filling the big protein feeders. Hogs are getting to the one by the creek BAD! Going to have to go back next week to fence it in better.

Comment

If your buying there get you a couple of bags of peanut cake in a 3/16" pellet and try that. Your deer will love you for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ View Post
        Do I have to do every thing for you?

We are done for a while with feed after filling the big protein feeders. Hogs are getting to the one by the creek BAD! Going to have to go back next week to fence it in better.
        So you were there today?? a Did yall get any turkeys?? I guess we can wrap the pen in the hog panels pieces that I have by the barn! Thats where we saw the pigs sunday when my killed her turkey was there by the creek protein feeder!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jaspro View Post
          If your buying there get you a couple of bags of peanut cake in a 3/16" pellet and try that. Your deer will love you for it.
          Never heard of it. Please tell me more. Sounds interesting enough to eat myself. I love peanut butter! LOL
          Seriously whats the protein percentage and do you mix it with corn or other protein or what?

Comment

Originally posted by Russ View Post
            Never heard of it. Please tell me more. Sounds interesting enough to eat myself. I love peanut butter! LOL
            Seriously whats the protein percentage and do you mix it with corn or other protein or what?
            It was 38% protien and smelled just like freash peanut butter when you opened a sack. It comes in 3 sizes and you want the 3/16" cube. The first bags I tried I used in a spin cast feeder. After I saw they liked it I tried it free choice in my protien feeder and they liked it even more in it.

Comment

It was 38% protien and smelled just like freash peanut butter when you opened a sack. It comes in 3 sizes and you want the 3/16" cube. The first bags I tried I used in a spin cast feeder. After I saw they liked it I tried it free choice in my protien feeder and they liked it even more in it.
              sounds interesting!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I tried to get 10 sacks of this when I got my feed from one of their dealers in Breckenridge and they said they don't provide it anymore?

Comment

I'm going to see if they stiff offer it iin Gordan, thanks Codie.

Comment

Does anybody know of a place in the Houston area that sells any of this

Comment

Originally posted by Codie View Post
                      I tried to get 10 sacks of this when I got my feed from one of their dealers in Breckenridge and they said they don't provide it anymore?
                      I haven't bought any since November but i would have assumed they still made it.

Comment

Jason is right and they also used to use some cottonseed in their cake.
                        All good stuff but take cash,or check no cards accepted.
                        we just fillled all our protein feeders with the 20%, to start then we'll go to the 17%, but get there early a line gets long fast.
                        Gorman Milling is in Gorman,Tx.near Carbon.
                        Coleman has a dealer there too but he's difficult to deal with, he wants you to preorder and also pay cash, we just cut out the middleman!!
                        Last edited by whitetailfanatic; 04-24-2010, 06:52 PM.

Comment

The Gormam Mill's nutrionist is a fellow named Cary Zipp. From my dealings with him, he knows his stuff. He can special mix you a deer blend or give you free advise on what you should be feeding. Their feed is also made with Peanut Meal, which the deer love. I do wish they had a source closer to the Panhandle or the DFW area.

Comment

any price changes this weekend?

Comment

also interested....anyone know of anyone similar in the houston area???

Comment

Originally posted by mhbaseball View Post
                                also interested....anyone know of anyone similar in the houston area???
                                I'll bring it too ya if ya order 3 tons or more and only charge ya $5 extra per bag!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X