Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 07-12-2018, 03:00 AM   #51
Crazy Horse
Ten Point

Hunt In: Kerr & Lavaca County

Quote:
Originally Posted by B G View Post
It is a bit easy to overlook some of the destruction when you have deer like this showing up on camera too.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=My1dl_HsRCg
what's with the "ghost imagine" at the 0:08 mark?
Crazy Horse is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-12-2018, 06:52 AM   #52
Clark
Ten Point

Hunt In: Collingsworth Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B G View Post
It is a bit easy to overlook some of the destruction when you have deer like this showing up on camera too.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=My1dl_HsRCg
That is a great buck.
He still alive?
Clark is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-12-2018, 06:54 AM   #53
Big pig
Ten Point

Hunt In: Goliad and Leon Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Horse View Post
what's with the "ghost imagine" at the 0:08 mark?
He ďcrop dustedĒ the camera.

Beautiful buck. Anybody kill him?
Big pig is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-12-2018, 08:46 AM   #54
B G
Six Point

Hunt In: Texas, Pushmataha OK

Name:  IMG_0265.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  80.1 KB

Name:  IMG_0266.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  79.8 KB

Don't think our Ghost made it, we didn't get him on camera last year but this guy showed up to replace him. We had pics of him through the end of season and are hoping he is one of the bucks showing up with good growth this summer.
B G is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-12-2018, 08:50 AM   #55
Etxbuckman
Pope & Young

Count me in the zero desire to see/hunt/kill bears crowd. I donít want them in TX, period.
Etxbuckman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-12-2018, 09:08 AM   #56
darralld
Six Point

Hope I can make it down that way this year to try and get one. Friend of mine that lives by Clayton has killed several. He's always asked me to come down. But never could fit it in. This year I told him I could do it. Hopefully he can get some bears working.
darralld is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-12-2018, 09:28 AM   #57
Horn chaser
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple_duece View Post
You need feeders like this. Caution cause the feeders are why they hang around.

Last year was the first time I wasnít covered up in bears. Only seen 4, two different bears. Years prior it was nothing to see 4-10 A HUNT! Much more deer sittings last year. All I plant now is clover, worked like a charm.

When you mount the boat winch to the pole I suggest at 10í high. If they can reach it they will break it.
Hanging stands like this will work or I ran heavy chain from tree to tree and ran a cable to the middle of the chain using a boat wench to hoist the feeder. That worked too. Anything plastic they are going to chew up. They love to chew on plastic. Get rid of those type things in your setup and you will have less problems. They are an overgrown coon on steroids when it comes to destroying things.
Horn chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-12-2018, 09:43 AM   #58
Jbird8791
Six Point

Hunt In: Eldorado TX

Attached Images

Jbird8791 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-12-2018, 10:37 AM   #59
Anvilheadtexas
Ten Point

Hunt In: Barnum (Polk County)

My feeder!!! My feeder!!!
Anvilheadtexas is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-12-2018, 11:09 AM   #60
whitetailfanatic
Pope & Young

What if you don't put corn in feeders till hibernation periods?
whitetailfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-12-2018, 11:12 AM   #61
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
And then there are others who shake their head at the thought of a bunch of ďsportsmanĒ who boil down the thought of the reintroduction of a native mammal to their own selfish concerns revolving usually around deer feeders. Yeah, it might cause you some pain and the need to reconfigure, but stop and think how cool it would be to see a bear in your deer woods? And before someone suggests personal safety concerns, I will suggest researching that concern and you will find you have far greater odds of being killed by a drunk driver on the way to your lease versus being attacked by a 200 lb Louisiana Honey Bear. And then there is that future possibility of getting to hunt them, right here in Texas....
Hold my beer Anvilhead. I would like NOTHING more than to see all high fences torn down and all species that still exist in some form to be reintroduced into the wild. Fan away haters! Im an outdoorsman and a conservationist before I am a hunter. They are obviously not mutually exclusive. How incredibly amazing would it be to see all of these animals again when hiking, hunting or fishing?

https://quizlet.com/41116299/triple-...s-flash-cards/
J Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-12-2018, 02:27 PM   #62
triple_duece
Four Point

Hunt In: Louisiana, Midwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetailfanatic View Post
What if you don't put corn in feeders till hibernation periods?

Lol with our weather? They only semi hibernate anyway. Best is donít put our feed.
triple_duece is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-12-2018, 02:36 PM   #63
DRT
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Jones and San Saba Counties and Missouri

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Sweet View Post
Hold my beer Anvilhead. I would like NOTHING more than to see all high fences torn down and all species that still exist in some form to be reintroduced into the wild. Fan away haters! Im an outdoorsman and a conservationist before I am a hunter. They are obviously not mutually exclusive. How incredibly amazing would it be to see all of these animals again when hiking, hunting or fishing?

They cannot be compatible. Look at how the reintroduction of wolves have devastated elk and mule deer populations. That may have worked when we had a 100 million total population but with as many hunters as we have now the prey species need to be managed for us or hunting will get significantly reduced. Look at the way just land to hunt in all the states has gone. Public hunting in states like Colorado is a shadow of how good it was just twenty years ago.
I'm a realist and I know severely limiting predators is needed to keep a healthy game population.
I also know bears, when they get comfortable around humans, will destroy you house to get to food as well.
Bears are like giant raccoons. Destructive and always hungry.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
DRT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-12-2018, 03:29 PM   #64
Anvilheadtexas
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Sweet View Post

I am actually surprised at your stance. However, it appears that we stand in the minority on the bear issue (letís leave high fences out of this thread). Folks who came into East Texas post civil war raped it for all it was worth... timber, bears, Turkey, Alligators and of course the almighty whitetail deer. It took until the 1970s for the deer to start to make a come back, and yet we are happy with that?

Man, I deer hunt, but itís not like I condem all other living creatures because they may or may not interfere with my deer hunting (or to many their deer feeding hobby). For all you East Texas hunters who cry about your deer feeder, shame on you.... you know to well that harvesting a good buck under a feeder in East Texas is anomaly (that means rare occasion).
Old 07-12-2018, 03:31 PM   #65
Anvilheadtexas
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRT View Post
They cannot be compatible. Look at how the reintroduction of wolves have devastated elk and mule deer populations. That may have worked when we had a 100 million total population but with as many hunters as we have now the prey species need to be managed for us or hunting will get significantly reduced. Look at the way just land to hunt in all the states has gone. Public hunting in states like Colorado is a shadow of how good it was just twenty years ago.
I'm a realist and I know severely limiting predators is needed to keep a healthy game population.
I also know bears, when they get comfortable around humans, will destroy you house to get to food as well.
Bears are like giant raccoons. Destructive and always hungry.

Bear expert.... please post on here an article or news source that details out a black bear destroying a house.
Old 07-12-2018, 03:39 PM   #66
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young

Quote:
Bear expert.... please post on here an article or news source that details out a black bear destroying a house.
Here you go... complete with video... 30K in damages...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5YX1VBgJfk
SaltwaterSlick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-12-2018, 03:47 PM   #67
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young

If you care to do a google search for Bear Destroys..., you get at least 10 pages, even if you narrow the search to videos only...

So yea, nature boy you go ahead and wish for a huntable population of bears in Texas...
Old 07-12-2018, 04:01 PM   #68
DRT
Pope & Young

https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2018/06...1201530277847/
https://people.com/pets/bear-break-i...ats-groceries/

Old 07-12-2018, 04:12 PM   #69
Anvilheadtexas
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
If you care to do a google search for Bear Destroys..., you get at least 10 pages, even if you narrow the search to videos only...

So yea, nature boy you go ahead and wish for a huntable population of bears in Texas...
Thatís what they get for leaving honey in their trailer. Lol. Just as soon as I hit send I knew you would come through with a reply. This nature boy will keep wishing and maybe one day someone who does want to hunt a bear in Texas will have a chance.
Old 07-12-2018, 04:52 PM   #70
DRT
Pope & Young

Growing up with them up in the Adirondacks I've had plenty of experience with them tearing down pig pens, raiding smoke shacks and trapping cabins. But it was really wilderness there. They get comfortable around people quick. That's why they are easy to kill over bait. They can see and smell you. They just don't care you're there.

Old 07-12-2018, 05:09 PM   #71
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young

Yea, well I hope you never get your wish... You see that map someone posted of Texas with bear sightings/breeding counties, well one of the red counties is Val Verde county... I've got "experience" there with 'em and believe me, you don't have a clue what you're wishin' for. Feeders, as you so sarcastically referred to are just a tiny, tiny part of what those suckers will destroy. So you go on ahead and wish... wish in one hand and take a dump in the other and see which one fills up the quickest...
Old 07-12-2018, 05:21 PM   #72
Anvilheadtexas
Ten Point

^ okay Slick, I donít have a clue and since your Val Verde datapoint ďexperienceĒ apparently has derailed what otherwise is a wonderful life, no bears for Texas.

Is there anything else on your list of destructive creatures we should set our sights on?
Old 07-12-2018, 05:23 PM   #73
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young Cty

Quote:
This guy gets it (or some of it at least). If you live in fear of a black bear attack it might be time to pick-up something like golf or softball and stay out of the woods. Some of you guys followed my AT hike, I ran across bears in every state except Maine. And typically only saw their behinds. Sure they can be destructive, but the reality is the fear factor is just that.
No one yet has insinuated they are scared of them, that I have seen. I wouldn't mind being able so see a bear from time to time, and I can build a feeder they can't break. What would **** me off is not being able to leave food in the camper, or a trash can outside without them tearing it up.
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-12-2018, 05:40 PM   #74
DRT
Pope & Young

That's why you bear proof things in the back country. Hang food in bags from bear lines etc. They are nice to see now and then but Disney has skewed people's impression of them.

Old 07-12-2018, 05:48 PM   #75
Razrbk89
Ten Point

Hunt In: Northern & Eastern Arkansas

They’re really not a big deal. There are quite a few around here, and not only do I rarely SEE them, I’ve heard next to nothing about them really messing anything up.

Yea, they might knock your corn feeder over (if you use one). Yea, they might get into something if you leave food out in the open air (who does that!?). Best I can tell, their impact on deer is next to nothing. They’re a natural part of the ecosystem in many areas and that should be important to any true outdoorsman.

That being said, I wouldn’t worry too much about them ever running rampant in East Texas again. Too many people and I don’t think they’d eat very good on skinny pine trees and well pads.
Razrbk89 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-12-2018, 05:50 PM   #76
Anvilheadtexas
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
No one yet has insinuated they are scared of them, that I have seen. I wouldn't mind being able so see a bear from time to time, and I can build a feeder they can't break. What would **** me off is not being able to leave food in the camper, or a trash can outside without them tearing it up.
Dale, I was heading them off at the pass. The fear usually creeps into these bear threads. There was some fear inclination early on in the thread. But nevertheless, I get it, they would require some adjustments (bear ďproofĒ garbage cans and re-considerations as to what gets left at the deer cabin). For some this is just too much to cope with.

But let me ask this to all those following ....what would the Texas deer hunting landscape look like today if back in the 1960ís folks started saying .... letís no let these pesky deer repopulate, all they do is eat our gardens/crops and run into our cars.
Old 07-12-2018, 05:58 PM   #77
Anvilheadtexas
Ten Point

Quote:
That's why you bear proof things in the back country. Hang food in bags from bear lines etc. They are nice to see now and then but Disney has skewed people's impression of them.

I know the drill. I lived on the Appalachian Trail for 6 months. Hung food bags in the south and used bear boxes further up north. After awhile you rolled the dice. The only thing that ever got into my food were mice and squirrels. Outwest I carried a bear canister (which added weight), but was nice in that it kept everything out of my grub. So back country bear preparations might seem like pain but at the end of the day it’s actually about preserving your food from all creatures.

Last edited by Anvilheadtexas; 07-12-2018 at 06:05 PM.
Old 07-12-2018, 06:36 PM   #78
DRT
Pope & Young

Yeah that was one nice thread to follow too.

Old 07-12-2018, 06:36 PM   #79
DRT
Pope & Young

Thanx again for taking us along.

Old 07-12-2018, 07:42 PM   #80
Anvilheadtexas
Ten Point

Quote:
Thanx again for taking us along.

Thank you. I wish I was able to do a thread when I did the Jon Nuir Trail last summer, but reception out there was TOTALLY non-existent! Thank you for following my hike... looking back it was the most exciting six months of my life so far!
Old 07-12-2018, 07:51 PM   #81
Anvilheadtexas
Ten Point

^ the hikes might have push Me a little further into the green team. But I don’t apologize for being a hunter or a conservationist ... I am both .
Old 07-12-2018, 08:29 PM   #82
triple_duece
Four Point

Before all you bear lovers get your wish, maybe listening to people who have them are saying.

To say I have bears is an understatement. I live in Louisiana and hunt tensas nwr and private land near it. Bears yeah we have them. Always been here and protected since 1985. When I first started hunting there (mid 90ís) there were plenty of bears and a few sightings every season. Deer was abundant and tag and tracking bears, relocating them to flourish other parts in the state in full swing. Late 90ís to early 2000, deer were getting scarce and could hardly find a yearling track in the dirt.

Think it was up to 2002 when they quit relocating sows with cubs. The deer were vanishing, whatís the problem. Yes itís 90,000 acres of prime delta land. Bears are seen on a regular basis now while hunting. No big deal I feel they should be there. But Iím hunting for deer in a bear infested area. Yes the talk of a season was always on someoneís breath but still hasnít happened. Oh they say there will never be a season on bears on public land, only, maybe a lottery for private lands. No problem Iíve been waiting and waiting lol.

Meanwhile, the deer are disappearing and the bears are flourishing.

Things you might not know with having bears.
Donít wait long after shooting your deer, the bears are coming. Iíve had many half eaten deer 30 minutes after the shot.
Some hunters lose their deer to bears on public. Why you ask? They have no fear and you canít touch them. Some guys have been caught killing a bear and paid over 20,000$ +.
The bears will drag your deer off.
They tear everything up. The utility poles on the refuge get replace about every ten years because they are almost crewed in half.
They will destroy your metal stand if left on a tree.
Will follow you and or your trail and sit at the base of your tree snapping itís jaws. They will scent trail you like a bloodhound.
They also will bite your Atv tires, tear your seat off and do anything in its power. Nothing is safe.
If you have a deer in your truck there is a good chance you will have a black bear in it also by the time you come out w your stand.
They destroy everything.

On private land is all different.
They are not afraid of humans, most wont run from you. My boys and myself have been uncomfortably close to bears on my property, like under 10 yards many times. They will climb your towers, eat anything wooden, plastic or basically if itís not steal they eat it or tear it up.

I could go on and on but hopefully you get the point.

My biggest problem while we try to get a hunt-able population is itís way over populated w bears. Now it took over 5 years to get them delisted. Not because of the government, because of our favorite types of people loving their ďsugar bearsĒ.

Someone said they might get 250#....lol. The refuge has plenty of bears documented over 500#.

This you might find interesting. They are lazy gathers of food. They love corn and feeders, rice bran, basically anything available. There was a study done on the refuge because the deer population has declined. Now the refuge is 99% bow hunting only w a person if drawn can hunt a weekend w rifle. There is an open primitive weapon weekend also. I will post the study at the end of my post. Basically bears ate 33% of the fawns. Hmm imagine that.

On the right side one day I will get a bear tag and sell it to one of you bear lovers for big bucks.

http://www.wlf.louisiana.gov/sites/d..._louisiana.pdf
Old 07-12-2018, 09:27 PM   #83
bps3040
Pope & Young

Hunt In: West Texas, Dryden area, Forestville, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan4ut View Post
One of the guys on the same lease I am on went to check his feeder last year and the bottom was tore up and the feeder emptied of 350 pounds a corn he put in it 2 weeks earlier. Pulled the card on his camera and it was a bear. We are way out West Texas near Dryden. Needless to say I stay armed at all times at the ranch. Two years ago he killed a Mt Lion at his feeder.

We hunt by Dryden also. They have hit our neighbors a few times. We have had 1 feederís bottom ripped out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bps3040 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-13-2018, 08:57 AM   #84
TXBRASS
Ten Point

Hunt In: Dryden & Hallettsville, TX

So if you hunt in a bear populated area.....why don't you utilize a bear-proof feeder and then dont worry about it. Some of the stand-n-fill models available seem like they could fit the bill..... or one could be built.
TXBRASS is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-13-2018, 10:02 AM   #85
Sackett
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Sutton County

Speaking of Disney-induced Skewed perceptions of animals, we are in Yellowstone this week and you should see what a little, 85 lb black bear does to people! I really believe MOST of these people have NEVER stepped outside a city park!
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-13-2018, 10:36 AM   #86
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young Cty

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple_duece View Post
Before all you bear lovers get your wish, maybe listening to people who have them are saying.

To say I have bears is an understatement. I live in Louisiana and hunt tensas nwr and private land near it. Bears yeah we have them. Always been here and protected since 1985. When I first started hunting there (mid 90ís) there were plenty of bears and a few sightings every season. Deer was abundant and tag and tracking bears, relocating them to flourish other parts in the state in full swing. Late 90ís to early 2000, deer were getting scarce and could hardly find a yearling track in the dirt.

Think it was up to 2002 when they quit relocating sows with cubs. The deer were vanishing, whatís the problem. Yes itís 90,000 acres of prime delta land. Bears are seen on a regular basis now while hunting. No big deal I feel they should be there. But Iím hunting for deer in a bear infested area. Yes the talk of a season was always on someoneís breath but still hasnít happened. Oh they say there will never be a season on bears on public land, only, maybe a lottery for private lands. No problem Iíve been waiting and waiting lol.

Meanwhile, the deer are disappearing and the bears are flourishing.

Things you might not know with having bears.
Donít wait long after shooting your deer, the bears are coming. Iíve had many half eaten deer 30 minutes after the shot.
Some hunters lose their deer to bears on public. Why you ask? They have no fear and you canít touch them. Some guys have been caught killing a bear and paid over 20,000$ +.
The bears will drag your deer off.
They tear everything up. The utility poles on the refuge get replace about every ten years because they are almost crewed in half.
They will destroy your metal stand if left on a tree.
Will follow you and or your trail and sit at the base of your tree snapping itís jaws. They will scent trail you like a bloodhound.
They also will bite your Atv tires, tear your seat off and do anything in its power. Nothing is safe.
If you have a deer in your truck there is a good chance you will have a black bear in it also by the time you come out w your stand.
They destroy everything.

On private land is all different.
They are not afraid of humans, most wont run from you. My boys and myself have been uncomfortably close to bears on my property, like under 10 yards many times. They will climb your towers, eat anything wooden, plastic or basically if itís not steal they eat it or tear it up.

I could go on and on but hopefully you get the point.

My biggest problem while we try to get a hunt-able population is itís way over populated w bears. Now it took over 5 years to get them delisted. Not because of the government, because of our favorite types of people loving their ďsugar bearsĒ.

Someone said they might get 250#....lol. The refuge has plenty of bears documented over 500#.

This you might find interesting. They are lazy gathers of food. They love corn and feeders, rice bran, basically anything available. There was a study done on the refuge because the deer population has declined. Now the refuge is 99% bow hunting only w a person if drawn can hunt a weekend w rifle. There is an open primitive weapon weekend also. I will post the study at the end of my post. Basically bears ate 33% of the fawns. Hmm imagine that.

On the right side one day I will get a bear tag and sell it to one of you bear lovers for big bucks.

http://www.wlf.louisiana.gov/sites/d..._louisiana.pdf

This is why I don't want them around. A huntable population is a nuisance population.....and the bunny ****ers will never let a season happen.
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-13-2018, 10:42 AM   #87
trailboss
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Planet Earth

I feel your pain!

Last edited by trailboss; 07-13-2018 at 10:45 AM.
trailboss is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-13-2018, 04:13 PM   #88
Etxbuckman
Pope & Young

I wonder how well a bear carcass could fill washout?
Old 07-13-2018, 05:08 PM   #89
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etxbuckman View Post
I wonder how well a bear carcass could fill washout?
Don't EVEN go there!! I can tell you for sure you don't want the head ache of even having an event like that on your property even if you had NOTHING to do with how it happens!!

There's a bear mounted that is now displayed in the TPWD display of poached and confiscated/illegally taken game and other wildlife exhibit that they have at all of the bigger outdoor shows, or at least the one they had at this year's Fishing Show and I'm sure at the TTHA show... The plaque shares a brief story that the bear was "illegally killed in Val Verde County, Texas"... (which is not actually true, but it was "found dead in Val Verde County"... That sucker caused more drama than you can imagine, yet not ONE person on the property where it was found had ANYTHING to do with the bear's demise... I can't imagine how squirelly it would have gotten if one of the people on this ranch had actually been involved with killing or causing the death of said bear!! Believe me, you don't want any part of that!!
Old 07-13-2018, 06:11 PM   #90
2B4Him
Ten Point

Hunt In: My dreams this year

I thought we already had bears all over the place. Every time I walk to or from my stand in the dark I can hear bears stomping around in the woods all around me.
I also heard one snort once when I was hunting. Dang thing woke me up quick!
Attached Images

2B4Him is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-13-2018, 06:30 PM   #91
locknload
Ten Point

Hunt In: Throckmorton, Hamilton Counties

That would scare the living daylights out of me
locknload is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-13-2018, 06:42 PM   #92
Etxbuckman
Pope & Young

Quote:
Don't EVEN go there!! I can tell you for sure you don't want the head ache of even having an event like that on your property even if you had NOTHING to do with how it happens!!

There's a bear mounted that is now displayed in the TPWD display of poached and confiscated/illegally taken game and other wildlife exhibit that they have at all of the bigger outdoor shows, or at least the one they had at this year's Fishing Show and I'm sure at the TTHA show... The plaque shares a brief story that the bear was "illegally killed in Val Verde County, Texas"... (which is not actually true, but it was "found dead in Val Verde County"... That sucker caused more drama than you can imagine, yet not ONE person on the property where it was found had ANYTHING to do with the bear's demise... I can't imagine how squirelly it would have gotten if one of the people on this ranch had actually been involved with killing or causing the death of said bear!! Believe me, you don't want any part of that!!
I was kidding. Hence the face.
Old 07-13-2018, 08:29 PM   #93
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young

Yea, I figger'd you wuz... just don't want even your kidding to give anybody any ideas...
Old 07-13-2018, 08:43 PM   #94
triple_duece
Four Point

Quote:
Yea, I figger'd you wuz... just don't want even your kidding to give anybody any ideas...

Or post it on the internet!
Old 07-13-2018, 09:18 PM   #95
tex4k
Ten Point

Hunt In: Reagan, Upton, Crockett, and Uvalde counties

Just saw a photo of a dead bear on Facebook, unfortunately these phones and computers are smarter than me, I can’t get to hear. Post said it was killed on I-10 near Ozona, I haven’t found anything in the news or tpwd yet.
tex4k is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-13-2018, 09:27 PM   #96
Etxbuckman
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex4k View Post
Just saw a photo of a dead bear on Facebook, unfortunately these phones and computers are smarter than me, I canít get to hear. Post said it was killed on I-10 near Ozona, I havenít found anything in the news or tpwd yet.
Buddy of mine sent that to me today as well. Said itís all over some west Texas hunting threads but I canít find anything about it either.

Name:  4699BD1D-7C7F-49F5-9C2E-57329271EFC5.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  62.6 KB
Old 07-29-2018, 11:21 PM   #97
B G
Six Point

Hunt In: Texas, Pushmataha OK

I for one don’t want them in Texas it’s bad enough dealing with them on out lease in OK. Went to the lease today to find my feeder on the ground, luckily still in tact. I did get video of the culprit!

https://youtu.be/CZIIamWiHd0
B G is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top