Closed Thread
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2018, 10:49 AM   #901
Sharecropper
Ten Point
 
Sharecropper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Wood County
Hunt In: Backyard
Default

For those of you that follow aTm, friend and foe, Jimbo will be featured on various TV venues for 4 hours on Monday . . Kicks off with SEC media days at 11am . . Enjoy . .
Sharecropper is online now   Back To The Top
Old 07-11-2018, 12:53 PM   #902
krisw
Pope & Young
 
krisw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Hughes Springs, TX
Hunt In: Cass County
Default oktx's Official CFB Thread - Spring Season

Didnít Kansas make a bcs bowl around that time
krisw is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-11-2018, 03:35 PM   #903
Legdog
Pope & Young
 
Legdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Austin
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisw View Post
Didnít Kansas make a bcs bowl around that time

They went BCS in 2007 and were good again in 2008.

In 2009 Kansas started strong with 5 wins but lost 7 in a row in conference play. They played a spirited game in Austin in front of a full house but thatís not unusual. Texas won 51-20. It was the end of Manginoís tenure as head coach.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Legdog is online now   Back To The Top
Old 07-11-2018, 07:58 PM   #904
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young
 
Burntorange Bowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Hmmmmm, KU went to a BCS bowl when Aggy was in the Big 12. TCU went to a couple and won one before joining the Big 12. Texas went to 4 in 6 years and won 3 of them including a national championship and lost one. How did the Ags do in BCS bowls? I forget.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Burntorange Bowhunter is online now   Back To The Top
Old 07-11-2018, 11:21 PM   #905
Brock Middlebrook
Pope & Young
 
Brock Middlebrook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: McKinney, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
Hmmmmm, KU went to a BCS bowl when Aggy was in the Big 12. TCU went to a couple and won one before joining the Big 12. Texas went to 4 in 6 years and won 3 of them including a national championship and lost one. How did the Ags do in BCS bowls? I forget.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk






Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brock Middlebrook is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-12-2018, 09:26 AM   #906
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young
 
Burntorange Bowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

I got baits out yo.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Burntorange Bowhunter is online now   Back To The Top
Old 07-12-2018, 10:14 AM   #907
Smart
Pope & Young
 
Smart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Denton, TX
Hunt In: Tom Green County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
Hmmmmm, KU went to a BCS bowl when Aggy was in the Big 12. TCU went to a couple and won one before joining the Big 12. Texas went to 4 in 6 years and won 3 of them including a national championship and lost one. How did the Ags do in BCS bowls? I forget.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk



Dude.....come on..... A&M hung two new national championships on the wall after they left the Big 12.
Smart is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-12-2018, 12:45 PM   #908
Sticks&Strings
Pope & Young
 
Sticks&Strings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Magnolia, TX/ Kinney& sometimes Leon
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
I got baits out yo.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
But its stink bait. And with that you only gonna catch bottom feeders. I hear you can catch the same thing with tortillas.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Sticks&Strings is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-12-2018, 02:31 PM   #909
Sharecropper
Ten Point
 
Sharecropper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Wood County
Hunt In: Backyard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
But its stink bait. And with that you only gonna catch bottom feeders. I hear you can catch the same thing with tortillas.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Especially bugle lips . .
Sharecropper is online now   Back To The Top
Old 07-12-2018, 06:14 PM   #910
Chad C
Pope & Young
 
Chad C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Hills
Default

Meh, just need to see this team travel to Maryland and win. Got to start there!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Chad C is online now   Back To The Top
Old 07-12-2018, 07:23 PM   #911
Chad C
Pope & Young
 
Chad C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Hills
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad C View Post
Meh, just need to see this team travel to Maryland and win. Got to start there!


Big 12 writers have them 4th in conference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Chad C is online now   Back To The Top
Old 07-12-2018, 07:33 PM   #912
oktx
Pope & Young
 
oktx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Wise County
Hunt In: Wise County
Default

Name:  IMG_2232.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  63.7 KB
oktx is online now   Back To The Top
Old 07-12-2018, 07:38 PM   #913
eradicator
Pope & Young
 
eradicator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Arlington,TX/Pecos County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oktx View Post
Looks about right to me. We'll know soon enough I suppose...
eradicator is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-12-2018, 07:42 PM   #914
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young
 
Burntorange Bowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Agreed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Burntorange Bowhunter is online now   Back To The Top
Old 07-12-2018, 07:48 PM   #915
Heath
Pope & Young
 
Heath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Midlothian
Hunt In: Cisco / Ira
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eradicator View Post
Looks about right to me. We'll know soon enough I suppose...
I think it is OU and then teams 2-8 are pretty much interchangeable with Baylor and KU at the bottom. The interesting note from the preseason All-Big 12 team on defense had 3 Red Raiders and no Sooners. I am not sure I have seen that before!

I do feel good about Texas heading into the season. QB is still a concern for me to see what we get there. I think the OLine will be better which will help with QB play. We need the young RB's to step up as well. On defense, I feel pretty good if we can get some interior DLine players to answer the bell.

My gameday shoes are showing up tomorrow. Icy Whites for this season!
Heath is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-12-2018, 08:24 PM   #916
eradicator
Pope & Young
 
eradicator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Arlington,TX/Pecos County
Default

WVU easily has the best QB(returning) but not sure if they have enough depth and their last month's schedule is BRUTAL. I wouldn't be surprised if Baylor finishes ahead of Tech...
eradicator is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-13-2018, 11:41 AM   #917
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young
 
Burntorange Bowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath View Post
I think it is OU and then teams 2-8 are pretty much interchangeable with Baylor and KU at the bottom. The interesting note from the preseason All-Big 12 team on defense had 3 Red Raiders and no Sooners. I am not sure I have seen that before!

I do feel good about Texas heading into the season. QB is still a concern for me to see what we get there. I think the OLine will be better which will help with QB play. We need the young RB's to step up as well. On defense, I feel pretty good if we can get some interior DLine players to answer the bell.

My gameday shoes are showing up tomorrow. Icy Whites for this season!
Hoping the graduate transfer can be the man.
Burntorange Bowhunter is online now   Back To The Top
Old 07-13-2018, 12:01 PM   #918
Heath
Pope & Young
 
Heath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Midlothian
Hunt In: Cisco / Ira
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
Hoping the graduate transfer can be the man.
I keep forgetting about him. Hopefully he can stay healthy and have a good season.
Heath is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-13-2018, 12:29 PM   #919
.243 WSSM
Ten Point
 
.243 WSSM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Metromess, TX
Hunt In: Fannin Co
Default

Seems kind of early corronating qbMidget as king of the big12. He will have his growing pains and learning curves just like the rest of the young qb's have to endure. Maybe Lincoln will be able to get him out in space and use his speed more but I don't seem him slicing and dicing defenses like baker did. I think WV is the team to beat and will finally have the pieces to make a deep run. Until Frog lays a terd on their burning couches.
.243 WSSM is online now   Back To The Top
Old 07-13-2018, 01:04 PM   #920
Heath
Pope & Young
 
Heath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Midlothian
Hunt In: Cisco / Ira
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by .243 WSSM View Post
Seems kind of early corronating qbMidget as king of the big12. He will have his growing pains and learning curves just like the rest of the young qb's have to endure. Maybe Lincoln will be able to get him out in space and use his speed more but I don't seem him slicing and dicing defenses like baker did. I think WV is the team to beat and will finally have the pieces to make a deep run. Until Frog lays a terd on their burning couches.
Murray had success at A&M in space and Riley is probably the best offensive mind in the Big 12, so my gut tells me they will be just fine. WVU does have the best QB in the league and generally that means that team is in contention for a title given its such a QB league. Because of their distance, I personally just don't keep up with WVU to know anything about them in regards to recruiting, what is coming back, what they lost, etc. They are always a wildcard for me.
Heath is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-13-2018, 01:22 PM   #921
dlinzy
Spike
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Garland
Hunt In: S/e Okla.
Default

Go Orange
dlinzy is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-13-2018, 01:45 PM   #922
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young
 
Burntorange Bowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by .243 WSSM View Post
Seems kind of early corronating qbMidget as king of the big12. He will have his growing pains and learning curves just like the rest of the young qb's have to endure. Maybe Lincoln will be able to get him out in space and use his speed more but I don't seem him slicing and dicing defenses like baker did. I think WV is the team to beat and will finally have the pieces to make a deep run. Until Frog lays a terd on their burning couches.
This is my thinking.

They go down in Dallas.
Burntorange Bowhunter is online now   Back To The Top
Old 07-13-2018, 06:40 PM   #923
oktx
Pope & Young
 
oktx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Wise County
Hunt In: Wise County
Default

Demarco Murray retires today. What a great back and great person. RBU
oktx is online now   Back To The Top
Old 07-16-2018, 09:39 AM   #924
eradicator
Pope & Young
 
eradicator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Arlington,TX/Pecos County
Default

Omar Manning out at TCU
eradicator is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-16-2018, 09:41 AM   #925
Chad C
Pope & Young
 
Chad C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Hills
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eradicator View Post
Omar Manning out at TCU
Talented kid. Hopefully he can get it right going the JUCO route.
Chad C is online now   Back To The Top
Old 07-16-2018, 10:08 AM   #926
Sharecropper
Ten Point
 
Sharecropper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Wood County
Hunt In: Backyard
Default

Santino Marchiol out at aTm . . 4* LB . .
Sharecropper is online now   Back To The Top
Old 07-16-2018, 02:38 PM   #927
eradicator
Pope & Young
 
eradicator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Arlington,TX/Pecos County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad C View Post
Talented kid. Hopefully he can get it right going the JUCO route.
I think he'll get it right. He took full responsibility for his actions and worked hard to become eligible but it was too late.
eradicator is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-16-2018, 03:12 PM   #928
Chad C
Pope & Young
 
Chad C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Hills
Default

Itís always interesting to see where they end up on the field once they arrive on campus.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Chad C is online now   Back To The Top
Old 07-16-2018, 03:58 PM   #929
eradicator
Pope & Young
 
eradicator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Arlington,TX/Pecos County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad C View Post
Itís always interesting to see where they end up on the field once they arrive on campus.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Interesting one there
eradicator is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-16-2018, 04:01 PM   #930
Chad C
Pope & Young
 
Chad C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Hills
Default

Athleticism in the slot.
Chad C is online now   Back To The Top
Old 07-16-2018, 04:03 PM   #931
Heath
Pope & Young
 
Heath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Midlothian
Hunt In: Cisco / Ira
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eradicator View Post
Interesting one there
I have a feeling he is going to be used all over the place. His HUDL from his senior year was more of him returning kicks, punts, ints than anything.
Heath is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-16-2018, 04:13 PM   #932
eradicator
Pope & Young
 
eradicator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Arlington,TX/Pecos County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath View Post
I have a feeling he is going to be used all over the place. His HUDL from his senior year was more of him returning kicks, punts, ints than anything.
GP thought he was a corner all the way. He is one heck of an athlete wherever he plays!
eradicator is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-16-2018, 04:15 PM   #933
eradicator
Pope & Young
 
eradicator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Arlington,TX/Pecos County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad C View Post
Athleticism in the slot.
No doubt. Just seems like it's easier to find slot guys than DB's....but Texas did bring in a heckuva defensive backfield so that's a nice luxury to be able to move him for sure.
eradicator is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-16-2018, 05:39 PM   #934
Heath
Pope & Young
 
Heath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Midlothian
Hunt In: Cisco / Ira
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eradicator View Post
GP thought he was a corner all the way. He is one heck of an athlete wherever he plays!
Quote:
Originally Posted by eradicator View Post
No doubt. Just seems like it's easier to find slot guys than DB's....but Texas did bring in a heckuva defensive backfield so that's a nice luxury to be able to move him for sure.
The DB room is loaded, so I think he gets on the field this year as a KR / PR / Slot WR but that does not mean his whole career is on that side of the ball.
Heath is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-16-2018, 06:33 PM   #935
Chad C
Pope & Young
 
Chad C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Hills
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath View Post
The DB room is loaded, so I think he gets on the field this year as a KR / PR / Slot WR but that does not mean his whole career is on that side of the ball.


Yep


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Chad C is online now   Back To The Top
Old 07-16-2018, 10:45 PM   #936
Chad C
Pope & Young
 
Chad C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Hills
Default oktx's Official CFB Thread - Spring Season

This PWO is turning some heads at slot.

https://247sports.com/player/travis-west-79354

There are several on campus from this past cycle that likely end up with scholarships.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Chad C is online now   Back To The Top
Old 07-16-2018, 11:15 PM   #937
160class
Ten Point
 
160class's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Braunfels, TX
Hunt In: Catarina, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharecropper View Post
Santino Marchiol out at aTm . . 4* LB . .
Upset about playing time I guess? I remember him signing but never heard much else about him after that
160class is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-17-2018, 01:55 AM   #938
Smart
Pope & Young
 
Smart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Denton, TX
Hunt In: Tom Green County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 160class View Post
Upset about playing time I guess? I remember him signing but never heard much else about him after that


He redshirted last year so playing time wouldnít come into play until this season.
Smart is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-17-2018, 09:01 AM   #939
Sharecropper
Ten Point
 
Sharecropper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Wood County
Hunt In: Backyard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 160class View Post
Upset about playing time I guess? I remember him signing but never heard much else about him after that
EE . . Was hurt 1st spring . . As Smart said he redshirted last season and the numbers and talent level caught up to him . .
Sharecropper is online now   Back To The Top
Old 07-17-2018, 09:20 AM   #940
Heath
Pope & Young
 
Heath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Midlothian
Hunt In: Cisco / Ira
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharecropper View Post
EE . . Was hurt 1st spring . . As Smart said he redshirted last season and the numbers and talent level caught up to him . .
The depth at Linebacker?
Heath is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-17-2018, 09:26 AM   #941
Sharecropper
Ten Point
 
Sharecropper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Wood County
Hunt In: Backyard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath View Post
The depth at Linebacker?
#'s are ok . . Experience is lacking . . Dodson and Alaka are top notch . . Redshirt rule could be a plus . .

Last edited by Sharecropper; 07-17-2018 at 09:44 AM.
Sharecropper is online now   Back To The Top
Old 07-17-2018, 09:30 AM   #942
Chad C
Pope & Young
 
Chad C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Hills
Default

He was the projected backup at SAM to Dodson, projected 2 deep player.


If Dodson and Alaka stay healthy, it doesn't matter who is behind them on the chart.

Last edited by Chad C; 07-17-2018 at 09:39 AM.
Chad C is online now   Back To The Top
Old 07-17-2018, 09:37 AM   #943
Smart
Pope & Young
 
Smart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Denton, TX
Hunt In: Tom Green County
Default oktx's Official CFB Thread - Spring Season

Sounds like more than a playing time issue. Recruited by Sumlin. Maybe didnít care for Jimbo or vice versa
Smart is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-17-2018, 09:47 AM   #944
Sharecropper
Ten Point
 
Sharecropper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Wood County
Hunt In: Backyard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart View Post
Sounds like more than a playing time issue. Recruited by Sumlin. Maybe didnít care for Jimbo or vice versa
Water under the bridge . .
Sharecropper is online now   Back To The Top
Old 07-17-2018, 09:51 AM   #945
Smart
Pope & Young
 
Smart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Denton, TX
Hunt In: Tom Green County
Default oktx's Official CFB Thread - Spring Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharecropper View Post
Water under the bridge . .


Here we go again.

You brought up the discussion of reasons .. Iím merely discussing and speculating.. like you. Now you want to shut it off
Smart is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-17-2018, 09:56 AM   #946
Sharecropper
Ten Point
 
Sharecropper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Wood County
Hunt In: Backyard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart View Post
Here we go again.

You brought up the discussion of reasons .. Iím merely discussing and speculating.. like you. Now you want to shut it off
I have no information beyond what I said . . Not shutting down . . Refer the matter to Mueller . .
Sharecropper is online now   Back To The Top
Old 07-17-2018, 10:19 AM   #947
160class
Ten Point
 
160class's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Braunfels, TX
Hunt In: Catarina, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart View Post
Sounds like more than a playing time issue. Recruited by Sumlin. Maybe didnít care for Jimbo or vice versa
Now that I think about it, that makes more sense than playing time, especially since he was #2 Sam, youíre gonna get rotated in if youíre the #2 at LB, it came as a surprise to me

Good luck to the kid, Arizona will probably be at the top of his list
160class is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-17-2018, 10:25 AM   #948
Smart
Pope & Young
 
Smart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Denton, TX
Hunt In: Tom Green County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharecropper View Post
I have no information beyond what I said . . Not shutting down . . Refer the matter to Mueller . .



Sure thing Karen..
Smart is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-17-2018, 10:29 AM   #949
Sharecropper
Ten Point
 
Sharecropper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Wood County
Hunt In: Backyard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart View Post
Sure thing Karen..
Get your genders right . . This ain't Austin, Sue . .
Sharecropper is online now   Back To The Top
Old 07-17-2018, 11:49 AM   #950
Legdog
Pope & Young
 
Legdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Austin
Default

Tom Herman on the clock at Big XII media days... Hold my beer, I may run through the wall.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Legdog is online now   Back To The Top
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com