Ford Escape!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ford Escape!

Pro's and con's. Wife is wanting a new one. Motor etc. Warranty problems. She's also looking at a Chevy Equinox. Pro's and con's on this rig. Any help would be appreciated. Haven't shopped new cars since 2010.

They are supposed to be solid, especially with the Ecoboost. We just bought an Edge. The Kia Sorento may be more bang for your buck. My son has an Equinox and loves it.

Comment

My wife had a Equinox for 10 years and no problems. Got a 2017 equinox last year and no problems.

Comment

Originally posted by John P View Post
        My wife had a Equinox for 10 years and no problems. Got a 2017 equinox last year and no problems.
        Thanks. It's Ford are Chevy for me. Only dealers in our small town.

Comment

Got a 17 escape with the smaller ecoboost for my wife. Have over 30k trouble free miles. I cannot recall what we got off sticker. She loves it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
            Got a 17 escape with the smaller ecoboost for my wife. Have over 30k trouble free miles. I cannot recall what we got off sticker. She loves it.
            Thanks for the input.

Comment

My wife had an Escape for several years, good vehicle. She has a 2017 Edge now, so far so good.

Comment

Consider a Lincoln MKC, Same platform as the Escape. If you are getting an Escape with a lot of options, you can get a MKC for about the same money. The ride and soundproofing on the MKC is much better than the Escape. Your local Ford dealer can perform all maintenance and warranty.

Comment

My parents were T-boned in a (~2014/15) Escape that resulted in it being flipped it on it's side.
                  They liked the way it handled the wreck so well that the replaced that totaled one with another one.
                  Theirs has an ecoboost and it will chirp the tires when leaving a stop without much effort.

Comment

I would go with an Edge, jmo

Comment

Wifes dad bought her a new one her sr year in high school (03) and she drove that all through college and our first 4 years of marriage. Alternator went out and could only be changed by dropping front end or pulling motor. That was the only thing that ever gave them or us problems. I didn’t like going anywhere in it because the road noise was terrible. Overall it was a good car. I’m sure a lot has changed since then but that was our experience.

Comment

The edge is a better car if you have a little more money. V6 is a true and tested motor have had it since 06ish, eco boost 4 cylinder is the other option. Mom and my sister have both bought 2018 edge v6. No extra parts to go out like a turbo. If you plan to keep 10 years I’d go with a edge if you get new cars every few years then it don’t matter.

Comment

Solid little cars. I’ve got a 2012 that’s my around town and commuter car. It gets a solid 24MPG and is pretty dang comfortable for a small vehicle.

Comment

Bought the wife a 2003 Limited and it is now my nephews car. Very reliable, very good on gas mileage, this one had the 6 in i5t i believe and it would haul butt anywhere you wanted. I would not hesitate to buy another except that the wife drive a '17 Explorer company vehicle and the size is bigger but way more expensive than the Escape. Great little SUV's.

Comment

Both good cars. My sister in law has an Equinox, loves it. I have a 2018 Focus ST, but the interior is essentially the same as the Escape. I have one or two VERY minor rattles, 90% of folks would never notice though. The bluetooth is very good in my Ford, connects within seconds of starting the car, and the clarity is awesome compared to my 2012 Superduty.

Climate control and everything is awesome in my car, only issue is with the giant dash, it stays hot if I don't cover the front window with a sun shade. The Escape looks like it would have the same problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X