No announcement yet.

College Football Talk - Week 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No matter what side you root for, the bias in these college football threads is clearly evident. It does make for a fun read, though.

Comment

Originally posted by mesquitecountry View Post
      Serious question for the UT folks.

Why would Saban come to Texas?

Superior program isn't a plausible answer.
      I don't know why he would, but I sure hope an offer isn't extended to him.

Comment

Bama started running the ball because they didn't want what happened in the fourth to happen early in the 3rd. I am sorry but both teams had their best players on the field till the end. That's the way a game is supposed to be played. Over 90 points scored over 900 yards passing and almost 400 yards rushing between the two squads!!!! To me both defenses sucked aggies sucked a little more and didn't win the turnover battle. Last year they did and won. Heck Saban himself admitted this game took 20 years off his life! LSU will be tough for both the Aggies and Bama!

I am a little disappointed in our horns fans. Mack will be ok. Look at Programs like Penn State and Notre Dame. Both had legendary coaches that went through ups and downs. They ended up bringing their programs back to the national spot light. I believe Mack will do the same!

Comment

College Football Talk - Week 4

But highly doubtful considered he just renewed through 2019.
          Surely you aren't foolish enough to think Saban cares about the term left on his contract do you? Because LSU and the Miami Dolphins both would like a word with you. If something comes up that he thinks is better for himself, the last people to hear about it would be Bama.

Comment

Originally posted by RaginCagin View Post
            Man this is hilarious. Probably the strongest homerism I've seen yet.
            Maybe I should clarify...... I am not an Aggie fan at all, but I did watch the game on TV at DKR stadium while I waited for the Longhorns to start and just offered my opinion on what I saw. I think Manziel is the most dynamic player in CFB and the way his offense rally's behind him is fun to watch and will be dangerous for opposing teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
              $15-20M right now ??? Where do you get these numbers from ?

Not even close , Saban is paid $5.62M this year base salary as shoe / uniform contracts and TV show probably boosts him to $6~6.5M

Alabama football generates $100+M in annual revenue , UT football likely generates close to $125M per year

If UT offered Saban $10M per year with annual increases of $1M each yr. over 6 yrs , his bags would be packed yesterday. Texas' CFB revenue would increase to over $150M a year just by naming him new HC

No brainer if you ask me and the University wants to WIN crystal balls and make a serious ROI
              Did you not read what I edited?

FYI, salaries are not the only thing they make money on. They easily make up to two times more than their salaries in "donations"

This isn't me making that up I know of multiple coaches doing this. One very reliable UT source has told me that Mack is closer to 12.

Also, no way on earth UT ponies up 10 million for a year. Then one million annuals. That's absurd money.

No coach is worth that.

Again, I think your hatred for Saban leaving your tigers is clouding the issue.

FYI, you have the revenues backwards. Look it up.

Bama made 125 in revenue last year, Texas is just north of 120. Number 1 is now Bama. Further proving my point.

Being that Texas is about to fall off, revenue is also. I expect the 2013 gap to widen.
              Last edited by mesquitecountry; 09-17-2013, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                Heck man, poor LSU shouldn't even get on the bus. Ole Miss either. Lucky for SC and UGA and Florida that they will not have to play this buzzsaw.
                Add UT to that list too

Comment

I can hear Saban's press conference now. I am not going to Texas(meanwhile the ink hasn't finished drying on his new Texas contract) I'm hear to talk about the game. After one more reporter asks he walks off the stage coaches his last game and becomes the new head coach of Texas. The guy is a liar but I'd take him over any coach in the nation.

Comment

Did you not read what I edited?

FYI, salaries are not the only thing they make money on. They easily make up to two times more than their salaries in "donations"

This isn't me making that up I know of multiple coaches doing this. One very reliable UT source has told me that Mack is closer to 12.

Also, no way on earth UT ponies up 10 million for a year. Then one million annuals. That's absurd money.

No coach is worth that.

Again, I think your hatred for Saban leaving your tigers is clouding the issue.

FYI, you have the revenues backwards. Look it up.

Bama made 125 in revenue last year, Texas is just north of 120. Number 1 is now Bama. Further proving my point.

Being that Texas is about to fall off, revenue is also. I expect the 2013 gap to widen.
                    We're you getting your numbers?

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
                      How is everyone rating the conferences as of now during this current season? 1.SEC 2.Pac-12 3. ACC 4.Big 12
                      ACC and Pac 12 are top heavy like the sec.
                      But, I would put the top two in the Pac 12 over the top two in the ACC.
                      But, barely. SEC #1.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                        $15-20M right now ??? Where do you get these numbers from ?

Not even close , Saban is paid $5.62M this year base salary as shoe / uniform contracts and TV show probably boosts him to $6~6.5M

Alabama football generates $100+M in annual revenue , UT football likely generates close to $125M per year

If UT offered Saban $10M per year with annual increases of $1M each yr. over 6 yrs , his bags would be packed yesterday. Texas' CFB revenue would increase to over $150M a year just by naming him new HC

No brainer if you ask me and the University wants to WIN crystal balls and make a serious ROI

And, everyone thought I was crazy last year when I said it is highly likely that Saban would be coming to U T sooner rather than later. Or, at least offered the job at minimum. Look how many on this site are now thinking the same thing. A lot of the ones now saying it totally disagreed and said Mack the premier politician of coaches would fulfill his term as U T coach.

Blake is right. Pay Saban a few more mill and he will more than makeup for it in revenue. Revenue that can be used to hire coaches for the other U T sports that are trending downwards.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                          We're you getting your numbers?
                          The revenue numbers are straight from this cool website called google.

The Mack figure I'm getting from a friend of mine that knows. He has great integrity.

The Saban figure is a speculative number from a number of football/Internet forums.

Y'all thought these coaches only get paid their salaries and nothing more?

Honey, bless your heart.

Comment

The revenue numbers are straight from this cool website called google.

The Mack figure I'm getting from a friend of mine that knows. He has great integrity.

The Saban figure is a speculative number from a number of football/Internet forums.

Y'all thought these coaches only get paid their salaries and nothing more?

Honey, bless your heart.
                            No sir, I'm talking revenue not coaches income...

Forbes? Give us a link. Forbes published Texas No.1 for 2012?

Comment

wrong link.

Hold on

ETA

I stand corrected. Texas is number 1 with 150, Ohio state is 2 with 131, and Bama is 3 with 124 for 2012.

The link I pulled up was an old year. Espn link from 2008.

Here it is.

Where the nation's top D1 schools receive and spend their cash.
                              Last edited by mesquitecountry; 09-18-2013, 06:09 AM.

Comment

Does that say 2008?

Comment

Working...
                                X