No announcement yet.

Question about hearing aids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After the problem with in the ear no see um hearing aids that would cost about5 times what I pay for a deer lease per year, I went with Resound aids in both ears. UNBELIEVABLE, clear and you can sync them with your I phone, tablet or whatever. It gets some getting use to with your phone ringing in your ear and not having to hold the phone to your ear to hear, but so far they are nice. the app on an I Phone lets you do many thing with the aids. Even have a GPS locater if you happen to misplace them like I did the last $4000 hearing aids I bought. these were $6000 but free batteries and such for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
      After the problem with in the ear no see um hearing aids that would cost about5 times what I pay for a deer lease per year, I went with Resound aids in both ears. UNBELIEVABLE, clear and you can sync them with your I phone, tablet or whatever. It gets some getting use to with your phone ringing in your ear and not having to hold the phone to your ear to hear, but so far they are nice. the app on an I Phone lets you do many thing with the aids. Even have a GPS locater if you happen to misplace them like I did the last $4000 hearing aids I bought. these were $6000 but free batteries and such for a while.

Those sound great but I could never afford a set like those. Mine were expensive enough on my Walmart paycheck. Mine are suppose to be here tomorrow. I do plan on setting some money back in a savings plan so I can upgrade to a better set down the road. Heck maybe I will get the confidence to apply for better jobs with these hearing aids so I can get them sooner. lol Anyways congrats on your new hearing aids and they sound really good.

Comment

Thought I was going to get my hearing aids today. They came in but were not the right hearing aids. They sent a cheaper version that was a Costco model and not mine. So they are suppose to be overnighting the correct ones now. Hopefully I will have the right ones here Friday before I head down to Dallas for the Blake Shelton concert.

Comment

Hope-n the best for ya.

Comment

Just got my hearing aids a couple hours ago. I am starting to adjust to them pretty good, but dang I can't put into words what I have been missing my whole life and never knew it really. Going to the Blake Shelton and Trace Adkins concert tonight then I am going out to Hagerman to walk and hear all the nature sounds I have been missing out on. I truly can't put into words how it feels right now.

Comment

Horn chaser keep us up on how you like them. I couldn't spend 4000 + that was a few years ago maybe technology is better and cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by 686PPP View Post
                Horn chaser keep us up on how you like them. I couldn't spend 4000 + that was a few years ago maybe technology is better and cheaper.
                Will do.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                  That stinks. Guess I'll skip that investment. I can live with diminished hearing. The tinnitus bites.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk
                  I agree tinnitus sucks! My buddy got hearing aids and couldn't stand to where them when they went out to eat. Could hear everyone's conversation!

Comment

My hearing aids have a phone app that also has a setting you can put them on for Noisy places like restaurants. When you have a hearing loss of 60% and it is in children's voices, whisper voices and women's voices and you work in an elementary school with children and women, it is sort of imperative that you can hear. Yes I hated loosing a $4000 pair and spending $6000 for these, but it was something I really could not avoid!

Comment

Originally posted by Horn chaser View Post
                      Just got my hearing aids a couple hours ago. I am starting to adjust to them pretty good, but dang I can't put into words what I have been missing my whole life and never knew it really. Going to the Blake Shelton and Trace Adkins concert tonight then I am going out to Hagerman to walk and hear all the nature sounds I have been missing out on. I truly can't put into words how it feels right now.
                      Not sure if you know it, but there is a hog hunt going on out there right now. Not sure if anyone else is allowed on the units. You might check and see so ya don't get in trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                        Not sure if you know it, but there is a hog hunt going on out there right now. Not sure if anyone else is allowed on the units. You might check and see so ya don't get in trouble.
                        Yeah I remembered it after I typed that out. I will go to one of my other places I like to wonder around.

Comment

I have always had bad hearing, but I have never worn hearing aids. Today I went and got my hearing check done and my hearing came back moderate to sever hearing loss. Which is no shock to me. Anyways I gave up turkey hunting because I could never hear the turkeys till it was to late to set up on them. Now I am wondering when I get the hearing aids in will they help me at all in turkey hunting or am I just wishful thinking?
                          My wife is young (33) and just got some. I am gonna say that it brings a tear to my eye to see her now. It’s like the hearing loss took so much and now we’re living again! She can hear everything! It’s actually an adjustment because she hasn’t heard any background noise in years. I imagine you’ll hear the turkeys.

Comment

Man, that's GREAT news (sorry for shouting... hope I didn't hurt your ears! )
                            When I used to bow hunt, I'd get so aggravated when all the little birds would rustle around in the leaves... I'd get all tensed up thinking something was getting close and might get a shot only to discover it was just a squirrel or worse yet a 'diller! As I got older and my hearing faded, that stuff didn't bother me any longer... then I got me some hearing aids... I can hear all the sounds in the woods again, but I'm thrilled, not aggravated that I hear those sounds!

Praise the Lord for your hearing! Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by ON THE EDGE View Post
                              My wife is young (33) and just got some. I am gonna say that it brings a tear to my eye to see her now. It’s like the hearing loss took so much and now we’re living again! She can hear everything! It’s actually an adjustment because she hasn’t heard any background noise in years. I imagine you’ll hear the turkeys.
                              I can understand that whole heartedly. I use to go out with friends and do things all the time, but in recent years I have just elected to stay home and not go out as conversation were hard for me as I just usually nodded in agreement. In a way I have been feeling lost and in the way for not being able to hear. So I am hoping this will be a new beginning to enjoying life more. My life now revolves around going to work, making a few traditional bows, and helping my folks as my mom suffers from dementia now. Like you said about you and your wife I want to be living again.

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                              Man, that's GREAT news (sorry for shouting... hope I didn't hurt your ears! )
                              When I used to bow hunt, I'd get so aggravated when all the little birds would rustle around in the leaves... I'd get all tensed up thinking something was getting close and might get a shot only to discover it was just a squirrel or worse yet a 'diller! As I got older and my hearing faded, that stuff didn't bother me any longer... then I got me some hearing aids... I can hear all the sounds in the woods again, but I'm thrilled, not aggravated that I hear those sounds!

Praise the Lord for your hearing! Enjoy!
                              Thank you Sir, I am actually looking forward to hearing the squirrels and birds. At my feeder behind my house I usually have 10 or more squirrels plus Cardinals and Crows show up all the time. I do get the feeling the crows are going to be really annoying with the new ears. The squirrels are usually my entertainment while in the woods as we don't have a large deer population here at my house like in parts of Texas. So I might go several hunts and not even see a deer at all.

Thanks again everyone for the advice and I am enjoying the hearing aids. There are a few annoying things about them sound wise but it is little stuff that everyone has mentioned but doesn't bother me that bad. In about a couple weeks I will take them in and have my audiologist adjust them as he has them set for a first time user of hearing aids. So I am not getting the full benefits of the hearing aids yet. I am in the start of getting use to them so I can have them operating at full power for me shortly.
                              I did learn last night the aids are to much for a concert. I was able to hear tones in the music that I couldn't without just the volume was to much to handle even with turning them all the way down.
                              Now I am about to go take me a hike and checkout the nature sounds I have been missing out on.

Comment

I have always had bad hearing, but I have never worn hearing aids. Today I went and got my hearing check done and my hearing came back moderate to sever hearing loss. Which is no shock to me. Anyways I gave up turkey hunting because I could never hear the turkeys till it was to late to set up on them. Now I am wondering when I get the hearing aids in will they help me at all in turkey hunting or am I just wishful thinking?
                                Be sure and get the type that has remote controllable volume. That way you can adjust the volume to maintain your status as an attentive husband. ( turn it down or off)

Comment

Working...
                                X