No announcement yet.

Bitcoin...Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought at 10 and today at 12 or something woke up checked my phone and good mercy...to think I had 3 coins at 2100 and sold em at 6300. Oh well I keep making money. It's got a end somewhere though.....

Comment

Is it me or is something strange about coinbase? I have been watching the pricing of all three cryptocurrencies offered by coinbase for the last week and I have noticed that coinbase's price never matches current market pricing of other trading platforms. For example, right now coinbase has the prices listed at.

BTC- $14,298.25
      ETH- $433.34
      LTC- $99.58

Other trading platform (poloniex)
      BTC- $13,856.00
      ETH- $414.00
      LTC- $95.00

What's strange is that coinbase's intraday chart never shows that ETH and LTC have every dropped this low. Why doesn't their price match the realtime prices of other trading platforms? Am I just suspect that something funny is going on? Since they are basically unregulated is it possible that coinbase is buying those cryptos at the real low prices and then selling them to people like me at a higher price?
      Last edited by ecallarman; 12-06-2017, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ecallarman View Post
        is it me or is something strange about coinbase? I have been watching the pricing of all three cryptocurrencies offered by coinbase and have noticed that coinbase's price never matches current market pricing of other trading platforms. For example, right now coinbase has the prices listed at, with day's low.

BTC- $14,298.25
        ETH- $433.34
        LTC- $99.58

Other trading platforms (poloniex)
        BTC- $13,856.00
        ETH- $414.00
        LTC- $95.00

What's strange is that coinbase's intraday chart never shows that ETH and LTC have every dropped this low. Why doesn't their price match the realtime prices of other trading platforms? Am I just suspect that something funny is going on?
        pricing is generated from each platform. sometimes it creates a nice arbitrage opportunity. buy it on one exchange and sell it on the other.

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
          pricing is generated from each platform. sometimes it creates a nice arbitrage opportunity. buy it on one exchange and sell it on the other.
          Opportunity for who; me or them?

Comment

Originally posted by ecallarman View Post
            Opportunity for who; me or them?
            for you. doesnt work good with btc right now (slow and fees) but ive seen some other alts vary as greatly as 40% (for a short time)

Comment

that's a great point you make. I wasn't even thinking of the opportunity from my perspective, I was just thinking of it from the coinbase perspective. thank you

Comment

Above 15k

Comment

Crazy, 15.5 now

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                    And the Gemini exchange has gone down again due to technical difficulties. It sucks having your funds held hostage.
                    Coinbase is like that too. I don't understand how they can't get their chait together. Especially since they are going to be part of a conglomerate that backs the CME exchange.

Comment

Good gosh...this is beyond crazy. Above $15K now

Comment

yup ..its nuts

Comment

It's funny....bitcoin way up, but Ethereum and LiteCoin flat to lower. Good opportunity on those two.

Comment

Originally posted by Green View Post
                            It's funny....bitcoin way up, but Ethereum and LiteCoin flat to lower. Good opportunity on those two.
                            yeh... i was thinking the same thing... but they stayed flat...during all this.. im more interested in ripple..and determined to get some today..one way or another..

Comment

May jump on more ETH and LTC if it keeps going down. And as expected...GDAX is experiencing a "minor outage".

Comment

This may not play so well today.

Comment

Working...
                                X